Windows 10: Anyone know why Groove Music and Windows Media Player don't find all my music?

Discus and support Anyone know why Groove Music and Windows Media Player don't find all my music? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have my music as OPUS files in several folders, organized by Alphabetical order. Some of the songs in there are M4A and AAC files. Now I know that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/tecrush, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Anyone know why Groove Music and Windows Media Player don't find all my music?

I have my music as OPUS files in several folders, organized by Alphabetical order. Some of the songs in there are M4A and AAC files.

Now I know that these apps can play OPUS files; both have played them with no issues when I opened the track/file "manually" but the issue is that Groove Music and Windows Media Player only find like less than one-fifths of my music files. On top of that, they only seem to add M4A and AAC files.

So what gives? Will they add every type of music except OPUS files?

Any help would be much appreciated, thank you.

submitted by /u/tecrush
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/tecrush, Oct 29, 2019
  2. davidhk Win User

media player 'groove music'

Just a slight correction :
    Windows Media Player is listed in All apps > under alphabet W but not under Windows Accessories.

Anyone know why Groove Music and Windows Media Player don't find all my music? [​IMG]

davidhk, Oct 29, 2019
  3. PJLLB Win User
    media player 'groove music'

Not on my PC, which is a clean Windows 10 install. It is in the Windows Accessories folder as I indicated. Doing a search for "Windows Media Player" should also allow launching it.

PJLLB, Oct 29, 2019
  4. 95Viper Win User

Anyone know why Groove Music and Windows Media Player don't find all my music?

Still Use a Software Media Player for Music? If so, what? (Poll)

Windows Media Player/Groove Music/Amazon Prime Music

95Viper, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

Anyone know why Groove Music and Windows Media Player don't find all my music?

1. Anyone know why Groove Music and Windows Media Player don't find all my music? - Similar Threads - Anyone why Groove

2. Windows Media Player Groove Music won't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Media Player Groove Music won't open: I've made the fatal mistake of not making sure my automatic app updates is turned off. Alas, my beloved Groove Music is no more, Microsoft has butchered yet another perfectly working app.The problem is, "Windows Media Player" won't open at all. It showed the logo splash...
  3. Windows Media Player Groove Music won't open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Media Player Groove Music won't open: I've made the fatal mistake of not making sure my automatic app updates is turned off. Alas, my beloved Groove Music is no more, Microsoft has butchered yet another perfectly working app.The problem is, "Windows Media Player" won't open at all. It showed the logo splash...
  4. "Groove music" - "Microsoft media player" doesn't show currently played music.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Groove music" - "Microsoft media player" doesn't show currently played music.: After application "groove music" became "microsoft media player", the popup in top left corner doesn't work as it used to. After switching songs the popup doesn't show currently played music.Switching to another song and then comming back fixes the issue, but it's annoying to...
  5. "Groove music" - "Microsoft media player" doesn't show currently played music.

"Groove music" - "Microsoft media player" doesn't show currently played music.: After application "groove music" became "microsoft media player", the popup in top left corner doesn't work as it used to. After switching songs the popup doesn't show currently played music.Switching to another song and then comming back fixes the issue, but it's annoying to...
  6. Windows Media Player not finding all music

Windows Media Player not finding all music: On my Windows 11 laptop, I have most recent update of Windows Media Player, Version 11.2212.32.0. I checked the settings which show it is looking in C:\Users\micha\Music and C:\Users\micha\OneDrive\Music for my music files. After clicking "refresh" when I noticed some missing...
  7. Windows Media Player not finding all music

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Media Player not finding all music: On my Windows 11 laptop, I have most recent update of Windows Media Player, Version 11.2212.32.0. I checked the settings which show it is looking in C:\Users\micha\Music and C:\Users\micha\OneDrive\Music for my music files. After clicking "refresh" when I noticed some missing...
  8. Windows media player/groove music and you tube

Windows media player/groove music and you tube: I had Windows media player. Now that I have the new windows 10 that player will not download the music to my phone which they said to switch to You Tube!!...
  9. Groove Music and Windows Media Player 12

Groove Music and Windows Media Player 12: Just out of curiousity, do you prefer using Groove Music or WMP for playing music files? I have hardly used Groove Music except for certain file types. WMP is still good as ever *Smile Is Microsoft going to provide future updates for it? 21253
  10. media player 'groove music'

media player 'groove music': hello. I've downloaded 5 audio tracks (MP3). I can turn on the loop for each track but how do I get it to play each track one after the other and then loop back to track one? 36644