Windows 10: anyone know why my pc is shutting down on its own with fans revving up full

Discus and support anyone know why my pc is shutting down on its own with fans revving up full in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Soon as i load anything up my pc crashes and screens go blank and the fans start revving up?Its just started doing it of late... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Dazt81, Nov 30, 2022.

1. Dazt81 Win User

anyone know why my pc is shutting down on its own with fans revving up full

Soon as i load anything up my pc crashes and screens go blank and the fans start revving up?Its just started doing it of late

:)

Dazt81, Nov 30, 2022
  2. Dazt81 Win User

Soon as i load anything up my pc crashes and screens go blank and the fans start revving up?

Its just started doing it of late

Dazt81, Dec 1, 2022
  3. Outlook 365 periodically revving fans on MSI laptop

I'm a happy owner of the famous MSI gf76 Katana and notice Outlook causes the cooler fans to rev up every few minutes and that will last only a few seconds.

Strange thing is, it only goes up to 7-8% but yet the Task Manager says it is 'very high'. I've looked hither and yon at different fixes but nothing seems to fit my case. I do have the updates shut off so it does not automatically update only when I want it to.

Any suggestions would be welcome as long as it is not tooooooo technical. Thanks!

Lumbergumrubber, Dec 1, 2022
  4. RBunning Win User

PC doesn't boot; fans revving

*I'm about to mark this thread as solved*

I know the computer is not booting. There's no indication it is- we couldn't get a POST screen, fans revving, no difference even after waiting for several minutes. You know how when you start a computer at the POST screen you can turn numlock and capslock on/ off? Can't even do that (If you ask me- no indications of it even POSTing). And no difference without RAM. I've tried everything I can think of except for trying a different PSU, I'm getting to the bottom of my list of things that might be wrong and at the very bottom is the board (and CPU). If its a RAM problem then both sticks are bad

I know we could continue on with searching for the problem and I appreciate everyone's feedback but I don't think its necessary anymore. I'll try the other PSU and some last other things, but if that doesn't work, really what else could be wrong? I've isolated out everything else. It's his computer- I'll tell him what everyone here said and the last things I think are wrong and see what he wants to do.

RBunning, Dec 1, 2022
Thema:

1. anyone know why my pc is shutting down on its own with fans revving up full - Similar Threads - anyone why shutting

2. anyone know why my pc is shutting down on its own with fans revving up full

in Windows 10 Gaming
    anyone know why my pc is shutting down on its own with fans revving up full: Soon as i load anything up my pc crashes and screens go blank and the fans start revving up?Its just started doing it of late https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/anyone-know-why-my-pc-is-shutting-down-on-its-own/b30e1f1c-467d-4dc3-a94d-8cbca3dfee5e
  3. anyone know why my pc is shutting down on its own with fans revving up full

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    anyone know why my pc is shutting down on its own with fans revving up full: Soon as i load anything up my pc crashes and screens go blank and the fans start revving up?Its just started doing it of late https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/anyone-know-why-my-pc-is-shutting-down-on-its-own/b30e1f1c-467d-4dc3-a94d-8cbca3dfee5e
  4. Why does my computer shut down on its own?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my computer shut down on its own?: My Windows 10 used to be someone else's has started to shut down immediately, just turns black when I tilt the screen, even if it's by accident. It hasn't always been like this, and we've been searching for ways to stop it, but it never works. I've tried to scan for viruses,...
  5. Why does my computer shut down on its own?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my computer shut down on its own?: My Windows 10 used to be someone else's has started to shut down immediately, just turns black when I tilt the screen, even if it's by accident. It hasn't always been like this, and we've been searching for ways to stop it, but it never works. I've tried to scan for viruses,...
  6. Why does my computer shut down on its own?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Computer shuts down on its own

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer shuts down on its own: "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly." I have a GT70 2QD Dominator, recently I did a clean installation to an SSD, it was somewhat messy, had to do it...
  8. PC shutting down on its own

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC shutting down on its own: Hi, Im currently facing an issue when gaming, 1-2mins into the game. My pc will shutdown and attempt to reboot but it will fail to turn on until i turn off the power and turn on the pc manually. Hoping to get some help/answers here. This only started on 20 July which is...
  9. PC shuts down on its own

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC shuts down on its own: While I was starting a game, my PC shut down then turned on again but failed to load. This procedure repeated several times. I received"Cloud Files Diagnostic Event Listener" error code: 0xC0000022. How to fix this error?...
  10. Laptop shutting down on its own

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop shutting down on its own: I use an ASUS laptop with AMD A8 4500M APU with Radeon HD graphics 1.9 GHz. It has 4 GB RAM. It is about 6yrs old. Last year it was getting overheated and switching off on its own. So I got it repaired and it is working fine. I have Malawarebytes Free Version 4.0.4.49. I have...