Windows 10: Anyone knows why the registry edit to disable search with Bing doesn't work anymore?

Discus and support Anyone knows why the registry edit to disable search with Bing doesn't work anymore? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] So I have the latest Windows Update and I use the ShutUp10 software to disable all of the stuff that Windows is quite annoying with, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/zirooc, Jun 1, 2020.

1. /u/zirooc Win User

Anyone knows why the registry edit to disable search with Bing doesn't work anymore?

/u/zirooc, Jun 1, 2020

2. Scanner doesn´t work anymore after last Windows 10 update

As many people on the internet already are discussing, their scanner doesn´t work anymore after the last Windows update. But there seem to be no solution.

My Scanner starts making noises, as usual, and then i get error messages: "Communication with the scanner is not possible"
    or this

Anyone knows why the registry edit to disable search with Bing doesn't work anymore? [​IMG]

Is there a workaround for that?

tronrontron, Jun 1, 2020
  3. bobkn Win User
    Scanner doesn´t work anymore after last Windows 10 update

I dunno.

Re-install the TWAIN drivers? (They are not included in Windows.)

You might get a better answer if you gave the make and model of the scanner.

bobkn, Jun 1, 2020
  4. Konmal88 Win User

Anyone knows why the registry edit to disable search with Bing doesn't work anymore?

Cortana doesn' t replie.

Cortana doesn' t replie to me. She just search on bing everything I say. What I have to do to solve this problem?

Konmal88, Jun 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Anyone knows why the registry edit to disable search with Bing doesn't work anymore? - Similar Threads - Anyone knows why

2. Bing artworks doesn't show up anymore on the taskbar search box.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bing artworks doesn't show up anymore on the taskbar search box.: You know there were artworks on the search box on the task bar. Search HighlightI really loved that daily updating artworks about news and stuff. But suddenly it just stopped showing up. Instead now it shows just a bing icon.Why is that and how to fix it ? I Really appreciate...
  3. Bing artworks doesn't show up anymore on the taskbar search box.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bing artworks doesn't show up anymore on the taskbar search box.: You know there were artworks on the search box on the task bar. Search HighlightI really loved that daily updating artworks about news and stuff. But suddenly it just stopped showing up. Instead now it shows just a bing icon.Why is that and how to fix it ? I Really appreciate...
  4. Will DuckduckgoSearchEnabled registry edit in Windows Search work on windows search bar?

in Cortana
    Will DuckduckgoSearchEnabled registry edit in Windows Search work on windows search bar?: Will DuckduckgoSearchEnabled registry edit in Windows Search work on windows search bar?Basically this question.I've seen "BingSearchEnabled" being edited in many people's recommendation on how to make Windows search bar search the internet again.For me, it didn't work.Also,...
  5. Microsoft offers a new Registry trick to disable Bing in Windows Search

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft offers a new Registry trick to disable Bing in Windows Search: Windows 10 practically puts a web browser in your search panel that enthrones Microsoft Bing. In version 1909 or older, there used to be a Registry setting for disabling Bing in Windows Search, but Microsoft quietly disabled that in the May and October 2020 updates....
  6. Anyone know how to Disable specific 'Background Apps' via Registry..?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Anyone know how to Disable specific 'Background Apps' via Registry..?: Can anyone explain how to disable specific Windows 10 'Background Apps' (such as 3D Viewer, Your Phone, etc.) via the Registry? I know there is a Registry edit to disable them ALL, but are there specific Keys you can add to disable specific, individual apps? For clarity's...
  7. Anyone know how to Disable specific 'Background Apps' via Registry..?

in Windows 10 Support
    Anyone know how to Disable specific 'Background Apps' via Registry..?: Can anyone explain how to disable specific Windows 10 'Background Apps' (such as 3D Viewer, Your Phone, etc.) via the Registry? I know there is a Registry edit to disable them ALL, but are there specific Keys you can add to disable specific, individual apps? For clarity's...
  8. Disable Bing in cortana search

in Cortana
    Disable Bing in cortana search: When trying to search in the search bar, if I mistakenly click on any of the questions, it automatically brings up Edge/Bing. I've removed it from any defaults that I can find, but it's infuriating that I can't remove/disable this thing entirely. It's not a good web browser,...
  9. Why doesn't windows work anymore?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why doesn't windows work anymore?: Why are you so incapable of writing a version of windows that works? Every time I turn on my computer it's a guessing game of what is going to work and what isn't. You're supposed to be the experts in this field yet every time you come out with an update something goes wrong....
  10. Search function doesn't work anymore

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search function doesn't work anymore: Hello everyone, Since a few days my Windows 10 search bar doesn't work anymore. When I try to use it I go to the bar, I type something in it and a window does come up. The Windows however is totally empty, normally my search results would pop up here. I have tried...