Windows 10: Anyone noticed that MS Edge Chromium does not update after Patch Tues?

Discus and support Anyone noticed that MS Edge Chromium does not update after Patch Tues? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; All Have noticed an oddball scenario here where my small network of 8 physical machines and 4 VMs would automatically get the latest versions of MS... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by SonicMojo, Apr 20, 2021.

1. SonicMojo Win User

Anyone noticed that MS Edge Chromium does not update after Patch Tues?

All

Have noticed an oddball scenario here where my small network of 8 physical machines and 4 VMs would automatically get the latest versions of MS Edge Chromium like clockwork with the help of these two tasks that are installed to Task Scheduler:

Anyone noticed that MS Edge Chromium does not update after Patch Tues? [​IMG]

But after this weeks Patch Tuesday - every single machine of mine - including my two Windows 2019 Servers - now need to be manually updated to get the latest Edge release.

To be sure - after I manually updated a few machines on Sunday to current Edge - I purposely left 4 physical machines alone to see what they would do over the next couple of days.

This morning - these same four machines have run the pair of so called "Edge Update" tasks above many times - but all four remain on a version of Edge that is NOT current.

Even my own machine (that I am typing on) is now behind:

As of right now - Edge is showing as 90.0.818. 41 - but 90.0. 818.42 is now considered current. My Update Tasks have run several times since I started today - but they are getting nothing for an update:

The same is playing out on every other machine I have whether it be physical Win 10 box, Win Server of VM. I also have a variety of Win 10 flavours installed here ranging from an LTSC box (v1809) to v1909 to v20H2.

None will "auto update" Edge like they used to say - last week. My only thought is that it might have something to do with the April Cumulative Update - since it is this one that removes the old "legacy" Edge and places the new Chromium version as standard.

Appreciate any insight into this issue.

Cheers

Sonic

:)

SonicMojo, Apr 20, 2021

2. Edge Chromium

Hi All,

* We have installed edge chromium 84.0.522.63 offline installer and it has upgraded the inbuilt microsoft edge.

* Current edge chromium 84.0.522.63 got upgraded automatically after an update edg chromium 86.0.622.38 has got installed from windows update.

*But this time once the update got installed, it has created duplicate edge chromium shortcut on the task bar.

*we have unpinned the second one manually but after restart it has come back again.

*One thing we noticed it that, when we launch the edge (edge chromium) browser, the duplicate edge chromium shortcut on the task bar is getting removed by itself..

*but once the device is restarted, we can see the edge chromium duplicate shortcut is back.

we can see inconsistent behaviors here with the edge chromium.

*Please check and help about how to get this duplicate task bar edge chromium shortcut removed permanently.

Karthikeyan Mathan, Apr 20, 2021
  3. MS Edge Chromium Browser.

Hello

Is it possible for the new Edge Chromium browser to automatically open and already have pages that were open in the past .

In MS Edge ,it was possible where in user closes Edge opens it and it has pages already/still has the pages open in the past.

Regards,

Rakesh

rakeshkapoor2, Apr 20, 2021
  4. Anyone noticed that MS Edge Chromium does not update after Patch Tues?

No Internet in Chrome but MS Edge (Chromium) works fine, how is it possible?

For some weird reason, chrome stops working in between. If restart the system it works again.

Am asking this question, using the same internet via MS Edge (Chromium). I tried other Microsoft products like IE, MS Edge, all working fine except chrome.

AFAIK, MS Edge (chromium) and Chrome both are based on chromium, but why it behaves different in different systems?

Case #1: Disabled all extensions, Same result

Case #2: Updated to latest build, Same result

Case #3: Uninstalled and Installed again, same result

Case #4: Stopped Sync, Deleted all info, same result

Case #5: Updating regedit values didn't help, same result

Dineshkumar Ponnusamy, Apr 20, 2021
Thema:

Anyone noticed that MS Edge Chromium does not update after Patch Tues?

1. Anyone noticed that MS Edge Chromium does not update after Patch Tues? - Similar Threads - Anyone noticed Edge

2. Edge Chromium updates?

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Chromium updates?: Hello, I am still confused if Edge Chromium will automatically update itself without having to check it manually from the About MS Edge? Is there anyway to check this if in fact Edge updates automatically? Also checked in Task Scheduler and I can see some two entries about...
  3. MS Edge Chromium Browser.

in Windows 10 Customization
    MS Edge Chromium Browser.: Hello Is it possible for the new Edge Chromium browser to automatically open and already have pages that were open in the past . In MS Edge ,it was possible where in user closes Edge opens it and it has pages already/still has the pages open in the past. Regards, Rakesh...
  4. Aug Patch Tues offerings GONE

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Aug Patch Tues offerings GONE: win10 Pro ver 1909 ver 18363.959 on Acer Aspire e5-576G-5762 On or about 13 Aug, the aug offerings appeared-notify but not downloaded, as it should have been( alittle late but they showed up. I ran wushowhide and hid both offerings- I do not recall what the numbers were but...
  5. Aug Patch Tues offerings GONE

in Windows 10 Support
    Aug Patch Tues offerings GONE: win10 Pro ver 1909 ver 18363.959 on Acer Aspire e5-576G-5762 On or about 13 Aug, the aug offerings appeared-notify but not downloaded, as it should have been( alittle late but they showed up. I ran wushowhide and hid both offerings- I do not recall what the numbers were but...
  6. Does anyone have this tasks dropdown on Chromium Edge as well, or has it not been...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does anyone have this tasks dropdown on Chromium Edge as well, or has it not been...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Anti_Lag [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g85o90/does_anyone_have_this_tasks_dropdown_on_chromium/
  7. Edge Chromium - Help Improve MS Edge settings?

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Chromium - Help Improve MS Edge settings?: I had installed Edge Chromium (Enterprise) from the below link WITHOUT setting Group Policies and I am just curious as to why these settings are greyed-out? I have no problem with it on leaving these settings turned OFF. But just out of curiosity. Maybe the Enterprise...
  8. Edge Chromium security updates?

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Chromium security updates?: Will all the security updates for Edge Chromium be automatically updated in the background from Google or will the security updates would still be from the Windows Updates? 154812
  9. Windows defender stoped working after last update. Does anyone noticed this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows defender stoped working after last update. Does anyone noticed this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/eslamsamyismail [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g2rtjo/windows_defender_stoped_working_after_last_update/
  10. MS Edge Chromium and CCleaner

in Browsers and Email
    MS Edge Chromium and CCleaner: Not recognized, tried adding Custom Location in ini file but didn't work, anyone have it working? 147377