Windows 10: Anyone out there using an encrypted container on OneDrive?

Discus and support Anyone out there using an encrypted container on OneDrive? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Would like to know whether there is anyone out there who has experience with using an encrypted container (such as with Veracrypt or Bestcrypt) on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by tfwul, Aug 2, 2019.

1. tfwul Win User

Anyone out there using an encrypted container on OneDrive?

Would like to know whether there is anyone out there who has experience with using an encrypted container (such as with Veracrypt or Bestcrypt) on OneDrive that is located on a different drive.

Not file encryption, container encryption.

How is one using it?
    Merely as backup or also synchronizing (Office) documents?
    Where did one store the container?

In case OneDrive is relocated to another drive, upon a fresh Windows install, OneDrive will be stored on the C-drive by default, so probably all sync settings should be disabled / unchecked before starting the setup, else sync will take place automatically. In case of a large OneDrive, a. it will take very long, b. there is this risk of running out of space.

:)

tfwul, Aug 2, 2019

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Aug 2, 2019
  3. OnePostWonder, Aug 2, 2019
  4. Anyone out there using an encrypted container on OneDrive?

Device Encryption not avaiable

Hello Fraczek,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand your concern in this regard.

• Are you referring to BitLocker Drive Encryption?
    • What preventing you from doing this?
    • Did you get any error message or code while doing this?

Before you come up with the above information, suggest you to refer the article

Help protect your files using BitLocker Drive Encryption
    and see if it help you.

Do refer the article
    Windows BitLocker Drive Encryption Step-by-Step Guide
    and check if it help you with the required information.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Aug 2, 2019
Thema:

Anyone out there using an encrypted container on OneDrive?

1. Anyone out there using an encrypted container on OneDrive? - Similar Threads - Anyone using encrypted

2. EFS encryption for OneDrive folders

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    EFS encryption for OneDrive folders: Hi, in our organization we have EFS encryption policy to encrypt all files and folders in Desktop and Documents. We are going to activate OneDrive For Business backup know folders synchronization but EFS stopped to encrypt local files on the Desktop everything ok for...
  3. onedrive sharing link contains questionmark

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    onedrive sharing link contains questionmark: Visual Studio File System refuses to accept the file path "https://1drv.ms/t/s!AuqdOmzfMOT-5EmgHc3mDP0_viv-?e=M994NU" I think because it contains a question mark Can this be fixed?...
  4. OneDrive on another encrypted partition - using security key?

OneDrive on another encrypted partition - using security key?: When unlocking the online version of OneDrive Personal Vault, one may use email and codes. Easier is to use a security key, like Yubikey. For local Personal Vault unlocking, still email + code should be used, the Security Key option is not offered. It seems(!) that the...
  5. Temp.desktop folder only contain onedrive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Temp.desktop folder only contain onedrive: Hello, Yesterday I discovered that a huge TEMP.DESKTOP has been created at C:\user and that folder does only contain Onedrive things. But It does contain ALL my onedrive things, also those that shall not be stored locally. BTW, my normal onedrive storage is at D:\ and that...
  6. OneDrive files contain ransomware

OneDrive files contain ransomware: Hello, my OneDrive is a basic one (OneDrive Basis 5GB-Storage only). When I opened it in my ransomware-infected laptop, I found some files on OneDrive were also infected. In this case when an OneDrive file contains ransomware, will all other files in it be also infected?...
  7. OneDrive encryption

OneDrive encryption: I encrypt financial files locally in Windows 10 using the option in File Explorer. These files are backed up to OneDrive. I notice that these uploaded files when downloaded back to my PC are not encrypted. Can someone explain how OneDrive affects my file encryption? What...
  8. Encryption for onedrive

Encryption for onedrive: I need to have my backup files which I store in onedrive encrypted. How can this be easiest done. I do have Bit Locker on my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/encryption-for-onedrive/bc9c95fb-d39c-4cbe-80f1-81dbe3558109"
  9. Seeking advice on SSD partition encryption, or container encryption

Seeking advice on SSD partition encryption, or container encryption: A laptop with a 512GB SSD, partitioned into (about) C: 125GB (for Windows) and D: 375GB Windows 10 x64 Pro. Data files, such as those of Office 365, will be stored on the D-partition. I would like to have that partition encrypted/password protected. After booting Windows and...
  10. Encrypted Harddrives and OneDrive

in Windows 10 Support
    Encrypted Harddrives and OneDrive: I currently have a desktop successfully syncing with a laptop via Onedrive. Can I encrypt the desktop's and laptop's hard-drives and still sync successfully to OneDrive? Thanks for your help! 64794

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to create encrypted containter in onedrive