Windows 10: Anyone recently having issues with their W10 machine never shutting down?

Discus and support Anyone recently having issues with their W10 machine never shutting down? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; It just says "Shutting down" and the dots spin forever. Only way to shut it down is the power button. submitted by /u/transfo47 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/transfo47, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Anyone recently having issues with their W10 machine never shutting down?

It just says "Shutting down" and the dots spin forever. Only way to shut it down is the power button.

submitted by /u/transfo47
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/transfo47, Jan 15, 2020
  2. John Vil Win User

Issues shutting down recently

Hello Lucille,

There may be several reasons why this message appears when shutting down your laptop. To further isolate what's causing this issue, kindly answer the questions below:

• When did this issue start?
    • Were there any hardware/software changes prior to this happening?
    • How do you shut your system down?
    • Have you made sure that all apps are closed before shutting down your laptop?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this?

We have also found a discussion similar to what you are currently experiencing. Kindly click on this
    link and refer to Michael 12H's post.

We're looking forward for your response.

John Vil, Jan 15, 2020
  3. oldoldold Win User
    Does W10 still have "My Recent Documents"?

W10 file explorer is terrible. Get rid of the dam "libraries." Get rid of " Quick Access." Why do drives and folders show up numerous times in the folder tree? I couldn't find any "Recent Documents". Tried the fixes in the forum suggestions to no avail.
    I found "recent folders" and pinned to Quick **** but it is empty. Then I recalled that Word used to keep a list of recent files. So I tried this: Open Word. Click on the Word Office Icon at the upper left. Presto, down drops a recent documents list. I tried
    the same thing in Excel and it worked there also. Do the developers at Microsoft actually get paid for this mess?

oldoldold, Jan 15, 2020
  4. R-T-B Win User

Anyone recently having issues with their W10 machine never shutting down?

Can someone just open a W10 support.

As a suggestion, it would be kinda cool if we could exclude certain thread categories from the "recent threads" list.

R-T-B, Jan 15, 2020
Thema:

Anyone recently having issues with their W10 machine never shutting down?

1. Anyone recently having issues with their W10 machine never shutting down? - Similar Threads - Anyone recently having

2. Computer having shut down and sleep issues.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer having shut down and sleep issues.: Sometimes when I turn off my computer, or my computer goes to sleep mode, the computer can be still heard running, but the monitor is black. The computer stays off even after "shut down" for a long while, sometimes overnight. Is there a fix to this?...
  3. Computer having shut down and sleep issues.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer having shut down and sleep issues.: Sometimes when I turn off my computer, or my computer goes to sleep mode, the computer can be still heard running, but the monitor is black. The computer stays off even after "shut down" for a long while, sometimes overnight. Is there a fix to this?...
  4. Computer having shut down and sleep issues.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. W10 2004 BSODs Only When Shutting Down Machine

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    W10 2004 BSODs Only When Shutting Down Machine: Odd problem where I'm getting sporadic BSODs, but only when I'm shutting down my machine, and never during normal use. Doesn't happen on every shut down, but certainly >50% of the time. Always PFN_LIST_CORRUPT 0x4e and ntoskrnl.exe Zipped log attached. Windows 10 Pro...
  6. Anyone having issues with the recent Windows Updates slowing down boot times?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyone having issues with the recent Windows Updates slowing down boot times?: Recently I've been having extremely slow boot times off my computer after the April / May 2020 Windows Updates. I timed it earlier just now and it took 2.5 minutes to boot to the log in screen. I did a reformat and reinstall because I was running into other problems with my...
  7. Windows Update loads on shut-down but never goes to shut-down

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update loads on shut-down but never goes to shut-down: When I shut-down my laptop (ASUS with Intel Core i5) the screen says that it is loading the update and then is supposed to shut-down the computer. However, it "loads" for as much as an hour with no shut down. Is there a way to make this stop happening? (I have shut down...
  8. RuntimeBroker shutting down virtual machine

RuntimeBroker shutting down virtual machine: My biggest client is a company in Charlotte that has 14 desktops on site and 4 Windows 10 virtual machines (three for a remote office, and one for a user that moves between locations). For over a decade, the virtual machines ran Windows XP and Office 2003 without incident....
  9. BSOD After Never Shutting Down

BSOD After Never Shutting Down: Hello, I've been getting a lot of BSOD after upgrading to Windows 10. At first I suspected that the bluescreens came from having never shut down my computer (it's either in sleep mode or being used). It's annoyed me to the point that I need help. My system was overclocked to...
  10. Booting issues with w10 machine

in Windows 10 Support
    Booting issues with w10 machine: Hi Last year a bought a new machine. I also ordered a w10 copy but when I got the machine it was already installed. The very first night I booted it it refused to shut down with some error (can't remember which one) and I had to use system restore. This happened 3 times in...