Windows 10: anyone seeing their MS account thumbnail pic not displaying tonight ?

Discus and support anyone seeing their MS account thumbnail pic not displaying tonight ? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; In store app our family user accounts usually have the associated pic of that person in the top right. Noticed tonight on all our machines the pic is... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Scottyboy99, Oct 15, 2018.

1. anyone seeing their MS account thumbnail pic not displaying tonight ?

In store app our family user accounts usually have the associated pic of that person in the top right. Noticed tonight on all our machines the pic is now just generic grey. It's not loading the thumbnail. It's a bit of a mix really. some user accounts it's still there, for others it is not. And it's not consistent across PCs, on one mine is generic grey, but on the other pc my pic displays. Guess because it's cached or something. All accounts are logged in. I notice the generic pic is there in some other apps like weather too and even the default MS homepage in edge. Anyone else see the same? I’m guessing something on MS end is not talking at the moment. It's a minor thing but just looks a bit lame and doesn't help my OCD tendencies! Never a quiet time with Windows 10, always something is malfunctioning!

anyone seeing their MS account thumbnail pic not displaying tonight ? [​IMG]

:)

Scottyboy99, Oct 15, 2018

2. No thumbnail pics on folders.

Hi Thanks for that. As I said I'm useless with pcs and I thought it was folders I was having problems seeing thumbnails on, It isn't. Its what's inside the folders I.E. pics and vids Just a blue clapperboard on all the icons .The vids and pics work when
    opened but I cant see the preview you get when they are in the folder. Thanks. Keith

Keith Britton 72, Oct 15, 2018
  3. Thumbnails

Hi Alan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

Follow the steps provided below to turn Thumbnails on/off:

• Open File Explorer.
    • In the Menu bar, click on View and then Options.
    • In the View tab, uncheck/check the option for “Display file icon on thumbnails” to disable/enable thumbnails.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 15, 2018
  4. Coberino Win User

anyone seeing their MS account thumbnail pic not displaying tonight ?

Can't see AVI video thumbnails

Already tried that, and no luck unfortunately.

Coberino, Oct 15, 2018
Thema:

anyone seeing their MS account thumbnail pic not displaying tonight ?

1. anyone seeing their MS account thumbnail pic not displaying tonight ? - Similar Threads - anyone seeing account

2. Sign in Pic vs MS Email Acct Pic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign in Pic vs MS Email Acct Pic: I noticed when I started using hotmail that I had a pic attached to email that I did not authorize but the pix that was on my sign in page disappeared no picand I have not figured out how to put a pic back on the sign in page whereas the profile email pic remains. Has this...
  3. Sign in Pic vs MS Email Acct Pic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sign in Pic vs MS Email Acct Pic: I noticed when I started using hotmail that I had a pic attached to email that I did not authorize but the pix that was on my sign in page disappeared no picand I have not figured out how to put a pic back on the sign in page whereas the profile email pic remains. Has this...
  4. Icons not displaying pics

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Icons not displaying pics: I have tried to clear thumbcache but it's not letting me... HELP! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-not-displaying-pics/bc2db9fa-8b07-4365-ac42-7535a0cdd94e
  5. display pic size

in Windows 10 Customization
    display pic size: every time I take a pic and try put on background its blown up so big and cuts off some of pic , how do I reduce the size of pic to fit screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-pic-size/f7651fbe-e31f-4e5e-90c4-7c0ded47389e
  6. Picture ICONS instead of thumbnail pics

Picture ICONS instead of thumbnail pics: Suddenly all of my picture thumbnails are ICONS, instead of thumbnail pics. I have gone through the steps of Unchecking a box that says "always show ICONS instead of thumbnails" and that did NOT help. I don't like Microsoft Edge or the Cloud, I think those are the culprits...
  7. Video Thumbnails not showing. Pics do.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Video Thumbnails not showing. Pics do.: Installed a fresh new version original copy of Win 10 and I am having a hard time seeing Video thumbnails, while pic thumbnails come up without issues. Fixed in the settings: Always show icons, never thumbnails - Show thumbnails instead of icons. Downloaded and used without...
  8. Thumbnail display

Thumbnail display: I cannot keep thumbnails displaying. I dump cache but this doesnt fix the problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/thumbnail-display/4f00e77a-4a00-4fd6-8657-86a8f723b325"
  9. No thumbnails for pics/videos

No thumbnails for pics/videos: Hello, I am having issues with my thumbnails on my pc(windows 10) not showing tumbnails. When i scroll down i can briefly see it but then it goes away. I have tried switching icons sizes, changing the open program to windows pics, and unchecking the always show icons button....
  10. Thumbnails Displaying

Thumbnails Displaying: I have a large(ish) folder of pictures. For some of the pictures the thumbnail is a preview of the picture. For others it is the generic picture icon. All of the pictures are in the same format, and taken from the same device. Size does not appear to be a factor. Tried...