Windows 10: Anyone using Aero Glass for 10?

Discus and support Anyone using Aero Glass for 10? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Aero Glass for Windows 8.x+ Looks like it's just a test build but curious if anyone here is using it - Is it stable or rather buggy? Also, how does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by wiretap, Aug 10, 2015.

1. wiretap Win User

Anyone using Aero Glass for 10?

Aero Glass for Windows 8.x+

Looks like it's just a test build but curious if anyone here is using it - Is it stable or rather buggy? Also, how does it look?

:)

wiretap, Aug 10, 2015

2. Can you please add Aero Glass to Windows 10?

Original Title :Aero Glass

Can you please add 'Window Aero Glass' back? I had a TON of unwanted stuff trying to get an Aero Glass program, including the best and most popular: Aero Glass for Win8+, but it lagged out my PC. So on behalf of my wish (and everyone elses wish) can you
    please add Aero Glass to Windows 10?

(Optional) and the really cool glass effect around the open programs on the taskbar? I really liked that, and so did millions of others.

Dyllan Collis, Aug 10, 2015
  3. Toninho Win User
    Aero Glass

Is it so hard to add Aero Glass on title bars? Let the user select if he want or not (Control Panel > Personalization > Aero Glass > ON/OFF)

Toninho, Aug 10, 2015
  4. Anyone using Aero Glass for 10?

Bobby Phoenix, Aug 10, 2015
  5. wiretap Win User
    It's just a link to the site, there's a windows 10 section. I'm not interested in getting the windows 7 look particularly, I love the way 10 looks, just annoyed that the title bars aren't transparent like the rest. Cmon Microsoft.

wiretap, Aug 10, 2015
  6. I've been keeping my eye on it, but as I'm not using Windows 10 at this moment (waiting for SR1 and maybe SR2), I haven't used it yet. It says the Win10 version is currently an experimental build, and going by the warning to not use it for production systems, I'm guessing it has instabilities in it - especially since the last release is for the preview build of Windows 10.

Another UI modification that I'm keeping eyes on is this: Vista Themes for Windows 10 by sagorpirbd on DeviantArt

It also has transparent Aero title bars.

Delicieuxz, Aug 10, 2015
  7. johnukguy Win User
    johnukguy, Sep 9, 2015
  8. dalchina New Member

Aeroglass 1.4 has been out for a couple of weeks, Win 10 compatible, and if you donate 3 or 4 euros or so you get 2 or 3 reusable keys, which a
    a. remove the watermark on the desktop
    b. automatically update the 'symbols' - i.e. locations of where things need to be changed (else you may need to do that manually).

I've not noted any bugs... used with Aerolite theme and now Windows 10 default (coloured title bars and borders).

dalchina, Sep 9, 2015
  9. johnukguy Win User
    Or you can get a completely free, working way to do the same thing in the link which I gave.

Anyone using Aero Glass for 10? [​IMG]

johnukguy, Sep 9, 2015
  10. johnukguy Win User
    Use this instead - no watermark, no nagware and free:

http://www.ithinkdiff.com/enable-vis...in-windows-10/

johnukguy, Sep 9, 2015
  11. I'm running the AeroGlass v1.4.1 with no issues. I donated 5 euros and got the 3 keys, plus it has the testing beta of modern app glass titlebars. You can tweak it a little further with the AeroGlass GUI tool at the bottom of that download page that I linked to. Also, I'm using Start10 for adjusting the task bar shade and transparency only...leaving all other settings alone.

Anyone using Aero Glass for 10? [​IMG]

dnasystems, Sep 9, 2015
  12. dalchina New Member
    I found it useful to tweak the title bar caption text to white using the tweak tool on the Aeroglass site. That makes it clear on active and inactive windows. However Wordpad is different, and only displays black text.. Notepad's is white...

dalchina, Sep 9, 2015
  13. dalchina New Member

- except I'd paid for it when using Win 8, so to me it's free in Win 10...*Biggrin and hey, what's 5 euros when it is updated if broken by some MS change.. which could come unexpectedly and unannounced.

dalchina, Sep 9, 2015
  14. johnukguy Win User
    Which is great for you and I'm glad that it's working okay. For others though, there is now an option which is completely free and also works.

johnukguy, Sep 9, 2015
  15. Bhrayan23 Win User
    Yeah I agree.

Bhrayan23, Sep 10, 2015
Thema:

1. Anyone using Aero Glass for 10? - Similar Threads - Anyone using Aero

2. Bring back Aero Glass!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bring back Aero Glass!: Microsoft needs to stop restricting people from fully customizing Windows. A first step toward this is to bring back Aero Glass. Some people don't like the new flat UI and want the look of Windows 7 with the security of Windows 10. Yes, there are programs to bring back this...
  3. Bring back Aero Glass!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bring back Aero Glass!: Microsoft needs to stop restricting people from fully customizing Windows. A first step toward this is to bring back Aero Glass. Some people don't like the new flat UI and want the look of Windows 7 with the security of Windows 10. Yes, there are programs to bring back this...
  4. Bring back Aero Glass!

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Please bring back Aero Glass!

Please bring back Aero Glass!: Lots of people are complaining, it's not just me, but please bring back full transparency, it looked so awesome in Windows 7! It is literally the sole reason why Windows 7 is my best operating system, and not only that, just go search up "aero glass Windows 10", look at how...
  6. Aero Glass Theme

Aero Glass Theme: Will Microsoft ever add the aero glass theme back? I'm using windows 10 and I'm totally missing it. Even if Microsoft prefers the new metro theme, it should still add the glass appearance as an option in the personalization window. Not saying that windows 10 is bad. It is an...
  7. aero glass

aero glass: will you ad aero glass to windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/aero-glass/d4be400a-6765-4b90-b8a1-a59d6f45a7d5
  8. Office 2016 Aero Glass... Is it possible?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 2016 Aero Glass... Is it possible?: I have aero glass enabled on my Win 10, but does anyone know of a way to make the colored titlebars on office 2016 aero? thank you. 63748
  9. dwm.exe Win10 Aero Glass error...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    dwm.exe Win10 Aero Glass error...: Have installed Aero Glass for Win10 build 16299.19 (latest build) downloaded from Aero Glass for Win8+. This screenshot shows the error message: [img] Don't know how to get rid of this error. Please help if you can... 97737
  10. Very little Aero Glass?

in Windows 10 Support
    Very little Aero Glass?: While it seems that while Aero Glass is back as promised, it hardly appears anywhere compared to Vista/7. None of the "Modern UI" style apps in Windows 10 have any hint of it, which I kind of expected, but it's also been taken out of title bars and window borders for...