Windows 10: Anyone using an Arris Gateway with experience port forwarding for plex

Discus and support Anyone using an Arris Gateway with experience port forwarding for plex in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So a basic port forward is doable, ez-pz. I know that much. Things are hairy for me at current as im trying to set up plex to work through my vpn. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by klepp0906, May 26, 2019.

1. klepp0906 Win User

Anyone using an Arris Gateway with experience port forwarding for plex

So a basic port forward is doable, ez-pz. I know that much. Things are hairy for me at current as im trying to set up plex to work through my vpn. This requires manually specifying a port which automatically disables upnp. Otherwise plex randomly changes the port, and thus is no good for vpn. I need to be able to connect a specific external port, to a specific internal port.Now I have an inkling this simply isnt possible with the Arris TG3452A. If it is, it would be ala a setting in the gateway called Port Triggering? Or am i barking up the wrong tree and thats something entirely different?

If port triggering isnt what im looking for, and the gateway is simply missing the setting to pair a public with a private port, i'm going to have to deal until I can invest in my own cable modem/router or bridge off the ISP's to a router of my own evidently.

:)

klepp0906, May 26, 2019
  2. Kursah Win User

Help: Port for Plex Server

I have that same router, though it's acting as my wireless access point rather than gateway...I built a PFSense router for that...but both Merlin and PFSense are super easy to setup port forward rules. Looks like your rule is correct, and I had to delete a couple sentences in regards to manually specifying public port as what you're on your router appears correct.

I would try rebooting your router and the server hosting Plex. I have noticed with newer releases of Plex in the Plex Pass installs at least that restarting the Plex service doesn't always work...though I have Plex running as a service on one of my 2012R2 VM's so I never have to login for it to work should that server be rebooted for whatever reason. Works great!

I use Plex in this form, sharing with family...though I just stick with 32400, but my PFSense is setup to forward all 32400 requests to the local VM I host Plex on at 32400, works like a charm.

Why can't you use 32400 on your public interface?

Have you reviewed this page: Troubleshooting Remote Access | Plex Support

Did you verify the local PC OS firewall is not blocking 32400?

I changed mine just to test and it took a few minutes to resolve... but I forwarded WAN IP with Port 49000 to LAN IP with Port 32400 and it is resolving just fine. So that makes me curious if A. your LAN IP is wrong in the port forward rule, B. router needs rebooted or port forward rule isn't properly applied to running config., C. local firewall blocking Plex..though if you have local access to it then you should be fine... D. Reboot plex server.

Makes me wonder if traffic isn't resolving correctly. You don't have another router in-line do you?

You said you verified port 49000 is shown as open, I see you're using both UDP and TCP. I am only using TCP...might be worth a try to changing it but really shouldn't make a difference.

Kursah, May 26, 2019
  3. tenuser14 Win User
    Ports not opening even after forwarding

So this problem I am having trouble figuring out is port forwarding with windows 10. I am trying to port forward for some games on steam and I tried opening the first one, which is 27015. I used port forwarding on the router but even after forwarding, the port is not open and I have checked windows firewall and malware-bytes + avast antivirus, but to no avail. On a possibly unrelated note, I also set a static IP but when I set the static IP, the router no longer responds to the login gateway IP and this occurs with all browsers. Any Suggestions?

tenuser14, May 26, 2019
  4. Anyone using an Arris Gateway with experience port forwarding for plex

Port forwarding help

My router is Arris TG862S/CE, IP was static 192.168.0.1 but disables connection when i make it static, the port i want to forward
    is 52499 and is Bittorrent torrent downloading application port.

georgioumarios, May 26, 2019
Thema:

Anyone using an Arris Gateway with experience port forwarding for plex

1. Anyone using an Arris Gateway with experience port forwarding for plex - Similar Threads - Anyone using Arris

2. Forwarded port filtered

in Windows 10 Support
    Forwarded port filtered: Hello My name is Bo and I live in Sweden. I'm a member of a small songgroup and we try to find a way to reherse from our different homes- (Normal Videoconference software have far too much latency). we have found a software which seems to do the work if we can have a server...
  3. Port forward

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Port forward: Why do the various sites online for checking the router's open ports see the doors closed, while they are open? I have a Fastweb Fastgate router. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/port-forward/7c87e27e-60f9-4ff3-9582-f20582de3024
  4. Dynamic port forwarding openSSH: Desktop -> gateway -> target_server

Dynamic port forwarding openSSH: Desktop -> gateway -> target_server: I connect from my Windows 10 desktop to a gateway (Linux jumphost) and from there to 10+ Linux target_servers I do this in 2 different ways: 1) In CMD ...............A) ssh [email protected]/jumpserver ...............B) from jumpserver ssh [email protected]_server...
  5. Port Forward

Port Forward: How do I port forward? I tried portforward.com but did not work.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/port-forward/00a563a6-dab5-478b-9547-f6c19f73e1a8
  6. PORT FORWARDING

PORT FORWARDING: HEY, i tried a lot!!! but i am not successful in port fordwarding... where is the problem, i don't know. How to solve.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/port-forwarding/581bf140-fd49-471c-8412-dc44d9023e79
  7. Port Forwarding

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Port Forwarding: Need to open up ports for an upcoming project (HTTPs, SSH, and RDP). I've added all these services in the "port forwarding" section of my network settings. However when scanning with netstat, I cannot find these ports enabled. Pinging directly with telnet I get a failed...
  8. Arris Gateway Router TG1682 5G Network

Arris Gateway Router TG1682 5G Network: While using my desktop pc I see a 5G network available, but when I use my laptop, I only see a 2.4G network available. My router has two ports, 2.4G and 5G. Any ideas as to what I need to do to connect my laptop to the 5G network that does not show up when I check networks...
  9. My default gateway is 0.0.0.0 & I can't forward ports

My default gateway is 0.0.0.0 & I can't forward ports: So my default gateway is basically 0.0.0.0 which doesn't allow me to forward ports. I'm using windows 10. Is ther anything I can change?? *Mad 88197
  10. Port forwarding help

Port forwarding help: How can i make port forwarding? I can't seem to make it. 86212