Windows 10: Anyone Using BlueMail for Windows? good WLM replacement?

Discus and support Anyone Using BlueMail for Windows? good WLM replacement? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; To my surprise a search of the Forum found no hits for BlueMail at all, I use it on my Android Phone, and think I might finally need a replacement for... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Kbird, Jul 14, 2021.

1. Kbird Win User

Anyone Using BlueMail for Windows? good WLM replacement?

To my surprise a search of the Forum found no hits for BlueMail at all, I use it on my Android Phone, and think I might finally need a replacement for WLM ( to my chagrin ) as it is not handling newer HTML Mails well eg links to Google Drive Folders etc, but wonder if it is any better than Win10 Mail for example ? Desktop | BlueMail App KB.

:)

Kbird, Jul 14, 2021
  2. jyusa Win User

What is the best email client for Windows 10 in replacing WLM?

The eM client is certainly a good suggestion IMO, except the free version handles maximum 2 accounts.

I'm still suspecting that WLM 2012 is having compatibility issues with Windows 10, particularly when syncing with MS's mail server. After extensive tests, eM does has syncing problems of Calendar and Mail too.

jyusa, Jul 14, 2021
  3. WLM

Microsoft no longer supports something called delta sync which windows live mail uses

If you are ONLY using windows live mail (any version) for email and not calendar & contacts you can configure it to work using IMAP/POP. If you do need to sync calendar & contacts ..

There is a great replacement for Windows live mail that is free to try (up to 2 accounts) that DOES work with the new outlook mail format called emclient. There is also a paid version. You can get either here

eM Client - Email Client and Calendar Software for Windows and Mac

It works with Exchange, POP, IMAP, and looks similar to Windows live mail. Frankly it is the first replacement I have seen that actually works. I have switched.

They have their own support forums, a decent product, and seem to be the only replacement for WLM that has the look and feel of it.

You can import all your windows live mail into emclient easily by doing a file>import>windows live mail. This will import your current WLM data into emclient

Out of an abundance of caution I would make a copy of the entire WLM folder and save it to a safe location.

There is a good wiki on this issue here

Windows Live Mail and Outlook Mail

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Jul 14, 2021
  4. meebers Win User

What is the best email client for Windows 10 in replacing WLM?

Yep, just found that out when trying to add 3rd account. *Eek

meebers, Jul 14, 2021
Thema:

1. Anyone Using BlueMail for Windows? good WLM replacement? - Similar Threads - Anyone Using BlueMail

2. WLM and Backup8

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WLM and Backup8: Previously posted this topic but for some unexplainable cannot locate on community site. Received an email saying I had a reply and that has disappeared as well !?!So posting again.I use WLM and Backup8. Now I receive:-...
  3. Is Windows to go a good replacement for installing Windows on a HDD?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is Windows to go a good replacement for installing Windows on a HDD?: I want to wipe my hard drive and install another OS, but there are still some programs that only work on Windows. I found out about Windows to go and I was wondering if it could be good for basic tasks and some small games. 180018
  4. Is Windows to go a good replacement for installing Windows on a HDD?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is Windows to go a good replacement for installing Windows on a HDD?: I want to wipe my hard drive and install another OS, but there are still some programs that only work on Windows. I found out about Windows to go and I was wondering if it could be good for basic tasks and some small games. 180018
  5. WLM Hack

in Browsers and Email
    WLM Hack: Hi all, Since 2004 does not like WLM and you have to get into the registry to fix it, I thought i would try to write a registry hack that would make it easy to fix WLM. Here is what i typed: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows...
  6. best file app: is there anyone here that uses a good file app?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    best file app: is there anyone here that uses a good file app?: really need a good file app, all this trash and un-usability is driving me crazy first question: do any of these show when they were last updated? or does ms store not show that? https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/fi...w/9nghp3dx8hdx...
  7. WLM

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WLM: PLEASE BRING BACK SUPPORT FOR WLM. MAIL APP STINKS TO HIGH HEAVEN. WHAT CAN WE USE FOR DECENT EMAIL ACCOUNT???????????????? PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/wlm/87473bca-aae8-4bdd-a903-be3fff3be3db
  8. WLM

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WLM: Why do I get more WANTED emails on WLM than I do on Mail App ??? Thank you!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/wlm/8e1f0f5d-8719-4fc9-9318-852798dfe5a3
  9. What is the best email client for Windows 10 in replacing WLM?

in Browsers and Email
    What is the best email client for Windows 10 in replacing WLM?: As you guys might experienced in the last couple of months, Windows Live Mail is becoming a mail client which is not performing as it was like before. Named that WLM is hard to sync with the MS server is one major issue and required to reset or re-register many times as new...
  10. WLM program

in Browsers and Email
    WLM program: I have heard about Windows live mail Ending by the end of june I Have had had it for years and like it .But I set up the mail program that came on windows 10 and I have it ready it will even receive e-mail. The only problem is I can't find any place to add contacts so unless...