Windows 10: Anyone using eM client 7?

Discus and support Anyone using eM client 7? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi All, just wondering if anyone is using eM client 7? I used version 6 for a while, then uninstalled it. Thanks 60659 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Cornishman, Aug 17, 2016.

1. Anyone using eM client 7?

Hi All, just wondering if anyone is using eM client 7?
    I used version 6 for a while, then uninstalled it.
    Thanks

:)

Cornishman, Aug 17, 2016

2. EM Client-imap or private folders

I believe third Party service. Not outlook for sure. Actual provider name is "eM client" see below for more info on them. Thank you for your help. Duane

eM Client - Official Site

www.emclient.comOfficial site
    eM Client is a full featured email client with a modern and easy to use interface.
    eM Client also offers calendar, tasks, contacts and even chat.

• Download
      Download free version of the best email client as replacement for …
    • Pro Vs. Free
      PRO version of eM Client provides unlimited email accounts, VIP …
    • Support
      Enterprise on-line support center provides quick responses and …
    • Get Free License
      Register and get your eM Client license for free. Best email client …
    • How We Compare
      Compare eM Client with other alternatives like MS Outlook, …
    • Features
      What is eM Client. eM Client is a full featured email client with a …

DuaneSpolar, Aug 17, 2016
  3. telejas Win User
    There is no email program associated to perform the requested action - Email message

I'm having the same issue.

My situation: I had Outlook 2010 installed, but after the 60 trial I didn't want to use it any more so I deleted it and am using eM Client now. It works and I send and receive emails just fine, but about every 10 minutes I get the message:

"There is no email program associated to perform the requested action. Please install an email program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control panel."

I've uninstalled eM Client and reinstalled it..... I've went into my registry and deleted anything to do with Outlook..... I've set my default email client to eM client, I've set it to Windows Mail, I've
    set it to Chrome, I've set it to Microsoft Edge.... No matter what I set it to, I still get the message.

Has anyone found a solution?

telejas, Aug 17, 2016
  4. Anyone using eM client 7?

Hi:

I do not use it (long-time Thunderbird user myself), but I have heard good things about it.

I, too, would be curious to know if others have good or bad experience with it.

Cheers,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Aug 17, 2016
  5. gpstoloff Win User
    Yes. I installed it 2 months ago, to deal with the impending removal of AirSync/DeltaSync support by Outlook.com.

I wish that eM Client would have been a bit more clear in their advertising of how they handle Outlook.com under v7.
    • Ads: Full synchronization of Mail, Calendar, & Contacts -- i.e., that they've implemented MAPI/HTTP
    • Documentation: Automatic account creation as IMAP; uneven synch of Calendar & Contacts using AirSync

To me, that's not a full fix for the demise of Outlook.com's AirSync. Apparently, they didn't have MAPI/HTTP available for v7 -- and they needed to have a new version ready to meet MS's June 30th deadline. Will it be fixed for v8? Who knows; I can't find anything in eM Client's Forum.

But, it's still a fully functional email client application. Since I don't use Chrome or Firefox, I can't implement something like Tbird -- so it's my preferred solution.

gpstoloff, Aug 17, 2016
  6. Plankton Win User
    Where you using the free version or the paid version?

Plankton, Aug 17, 2016
  7. I had the free version, but they sent me an email saying that I could get the new version 7 at a slightly reduced price. I could upgrade to the pro version for £19.95p

Cornishman, Aug 17, 2016
  8. Anyone using eM client 7?

Hi:

You wrote:

I'm not sure I understand that.*Sad

Thunderbird is a standalone email client installed locally on the computer.
    One does not need a browser to use it.
    And it works with all sorts of email accounts (ISP, webmail, Exchange, etc.), both POP3 and IMAP.

To use webmail services, such as gmail or yahoo mail, without an email client, one *does* indeed need a web browser.

Perhaps I am missing something, as I do not use Outlook or WLM or hotmail.*Sad

In any event, if you are satisfied with your current setup, that's all that matters.

Cheers,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Aug 18, 2016
  9. Peggsie Win User
    I'm using the free version 7. I've been using it for about 2 months as a replacement for WLM 2012.

So far no major issues. I have 2 gmail accounts set up.

Peggsie, Aug 18, 2016
  10. RolandJS Win User
    I recently moved from eM Client 6 to eM Client 7.0.26687.0 -- having started with version 4 way back when. With version 6, I was able to set up getting my gmail account's emails copied into my full time email account -- sbcglobal.net. The menu bar across the top is different somewhat from version 6. I believe the free gives you 1-3 accounts? I have the pay-for, one can set up and/or have copied in an unlimited email accounts. How much in American dollars is the Pound Price? If their forever-license forever-update/upgrade offer is still on their table - grab it; the monies will be well spent!

RolandJS, Aug 18, 2016
  11. Just downloaded version 7 (free) and it seems OK!
    I will try it out for a few days before I think about upgrading to the Pro version.
    The temporary offer of £19.95p ( 26$ ) is very reasonable.

Cornishman, Aug 18, 2016
  12. RolandJS Win User
    If the forever offer is still on the table, grab it! What you would have paid for 2 or more successive version updates [internal version upgrades are always free] will be more than the forever offer.

RolandJS, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Anyone using eM client 7?

1. Anyone using eM client 7? - Similar Threads - Anyone using client

2. eM Client!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    eM Client!: Some advice please! For a long time now I have used the "Mailbox/Calendar app for my yahoo/outlook accounts. Over the last few months it doesn't seem to work with my yahoo account. I have tried various fixes and uninstalls etc but no joy. I have been reading about the eM...
  3. eM Client!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    eM Client!: Some advice please! For a long time now I have used the "Mailbox/Calendar app for my yahoo/outlook accounts. Over the last few months it doesn't seem to work with my yahoo account. I have tried various fixes and uninstalls etc but no joy. I have been reading about the eM...
  4. eM Client!

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. eM Client Crashing, crashing and crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    eM Client Crashing, crashing and crashing: HiI have just installed em client to try it, with an intention to keep it. It keeps crashing. Sometimes after a few clicks on different emails; sometimes it simply kept crashing repeatedly just by clicking on one email. I thought - if it is that bad, then it will not exist at...
  6. Windows Defender and EM Client

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender and EM Client: EM Client was slow to start, one cure suggested was to stop Windows Defender running on EM Client, this didn't help but now I can't find how to get Windows Defender back on again to protect EM Client. Running Windows 10, any guide would be appreciated....
  7. eM Client Notifications

in Browsers and Email
    eM Client Notifications: @Callender are the mail notifications working fine for you mate? I don't get any banner or sound system notification upon receiving mail Any other mail client you able to recommend? 149772
  8. eM Client

in Browsers and Email
    eM Client: Am using this program and so far not to bad, have all my contacts under separate heading, when I want to sent out mail to that group I normally put my address then Bcc the group name, but can't seem to do it now, when I go to 'contacts' the group name is not there. Have tried...
  9. eM Client working, Windows Mail not

in Browsers and Email
    eM Client working, Windows Mail not: I am setting up a new W10 computer. I have already installed eM Client (my preferred email client) and that is downloading emails without problem. However, I want to use another email client for an email address I like to keep separate. I used the quick set up in Windows Mail...
  10. eM Client Update

in Browsers and Email
    eM Client Update: A new stable version of eM Client 7.1.30453.0 has been released. Homepage Download Blog Release History (Same as version 7.1.30440.0 which is no longer on the release history page) 7.1.30453.0 Released: Monday, June 12, 2017 eM Client 7.1 - Message encryption with PGP...