Windows 10: Anyone VERY familiar with NVFBC capture relative to desktop resolution

Discus and support Anyone VERY familiar with NVFBC capture relative to desktop resolution in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So ive been all around the world on this one. Problem has plagued me for a LONG time. Ive gone so far as emailing nvidia over it, and was told they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by klepp0906, Feb 10, 2020.

1. klepp0906 Win User

Anyone VERY familiar with NVFBC capture relative to desktop resolution

So ive been all around the world on this one. Problem has plagued me for a LONG time. Ive gone so far as emailing nvidia over it, and was told they arent going to waste their time as nvfbc is now considered deprecated. Whelp, until steam replaces it with a successor, its certainly not deprecated for steam link/steam link app users!

Ive been to the steam forums. the nvidia forums. reddit. ive googled until my eyes bled.

This forum is extraordinarily helpful when it comes to windows issues. It has no equal. Never thought to try here on this but ive got nothing to lose.

So i game remotely the overwhelming majority of the time. My main pc is two 4k displays.

Theyre only 27" so im forced to use windows scaling at 150%

If i stream to my tv with nvenc or hevc, all is well - I get 4k capture. If i stream via NVFBC, I get 1440p.

I can NOT figure it out. Windows scaling somehow for some reason is taken into account when capturing a full screen game (and yes ive tried borderless as well).

I have undid scaling on one of the displays, and it changes my capture resolution by half. Its absurd. If I disable scaling on both displays, I get the full 4k capture. I have entertained doing so as this is super important to me, but I just cant justify being miserable or unable to see or straining my eyes while working.

For now ive had to omit using nvfbc. Had i known this before investing in new displays, I likely woulda gone for bigger displays that I can run native 4k on without so much pain.

Anybody know why this is the case and if i have any means of fixing it?

:)

klepp0906, Feb 10, 2020

2. Windows 10 desktop resolution issue

Hi Arindam,

Welcome and thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to change the screen resolution, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to update the Display Adapter Drivers

Step 1: Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software.

Refer to: How to: Install and
    Update drivers in Windows 10

Step 2: Please follow the below steps to change the resolution of the screen and check:

• Type Change screen resolution in the Search
      box from the desktop.
    • Under Resolution search for the Recommended resolution and click on
      Apply.
    • A windows pops up saying "Keep these display settings", then select
      Keep changes.

I would like to inform that, there will be a recommended resolution for all the computers, and if you select more than the recommended resolution the screen would not support for that.

Hope this helps. Feel free to contact us for any further issues on Windows Operating System, we will be
    happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 10, 2020
  3. Resolution?

Hi Ryan,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that you want to change the screen resolution in Windows 10. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

Before we proceed, we require more information to assist you better.

• What are the options you are getting?
    • How exactly are you trying to change the screen resolution?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to change the screen resolution.

• Right click on desktop.
    • Select Display settings.
    • Click on Advance display settings.
    • Under resolution drop down, you can select the option 1600x900.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further assistance on Windows, feel free to post your query on Microsoft Community Forum.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Feb 10, 2020
  4. ChrisR90 Win User

errorr invalid Desktop resolution 0x0

I have the same issue, it started right after installing the Windows 10 Creator's Update.

Here is how I fixed it:

• Right-click the desktop, left click "Display Settings"
    • Write down what your current resolution is (1920 x 1080 in my case), then change it to 800 x 600 and click "Keep Changes"
    • Start Hoyle
    • Exit Hoyle
    • Right-click the desktop, left click "Display Settings"
    • Change the resolution from 800 x 600 back to what you wrote down in step 2) and click "Keep Changes"
    • Start Hoyle again and it should still work
    Hoyle now works under the original resolution of 1920 x 1080 for me so this appears to be some glitch with the Windows 10 Creators Update fixed by changing the resolution and changing it back.

ChrisR90, Feb 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Anyone VERY familiar with NVFBC capture relative to desktop resolution - Similar Threads - Anyone VERY familiar

2. Is anyone familiar with this issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is anyone familiar with this issue: One of the customers I work with submitted a ticket, and to be honest I was not familiar with this issue at all. Basically, while the customer was logged in, a pop-up came on the screen and it was a pop-up of the log-in screen that you see when you initially log in to Windows...
  3. Is anyone familiar with this issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is anyone familiar with this issue: One of the customers I work with submitted a ticket, and to be honest I was not familiar with this issue at all. Basically, while the customer was logged in, a pop-up came on the screen and it was a pop-up of the log-in screen that you see when you initially log in to Windows...
  4. Is anyone familiar with this issue

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. anyone familiar with a company called astronorm tech solutions?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    anyone familiar with a company called astronorm tech solutions?: anyone familiar with astronorm tech solutions? they want to sell me internet security services https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/anyone-familiar-with-a-company-called-astronorm/7b3b3596-443d-44d8-8405-e7d3fa080789
  6. Snip and Sketch capture resolution

Snip and Sketch capture resolution: Is there a way to raise the resolution of screen shots I take with snip and sketch ? 165996
  7. Anyone familiar with minitool partition wizard from usb?

Anyone familiar with minitool partition wizard from usb?: So i forget why as it was weeks back, but i was attempting an action with minitool that basically resulted in the realization it had to be done from a bootable environment. i noticed the application has a bootable media button right in it, so i figured NBD. well i got...
  8. ANTI-VIRUS - Is anyone familiar with TOTALAV?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    ANTI-VIRUS - Is anyone familiar with TOTALAV?: Is anyone familiar with TOTALAV? While using CHROME, this came up on screen to download for free for all windows users. Wondering if it"s legit? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/anti-virus/9c6a86fe-f7b9-46b6-a61f-f183d60cf3f7"
  9. Anyone familiar with Microsoft's Virtual Bread Board App?

Anyone familiar with Microsoft's Virtual Bread Board App?: I am unable to follow the getting started tutorial with VBB. (Missing power-off button and no power to simulation) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/anyone-familiar-with-microsofts-virtual-bread/e04510e2-f89e-451f-bcc5-a5566eaf642d
  10. Highest resolution screen capture

in Windows 10 Customization
    Highest resolution screen capture: Hi everybody, For my thesis, I need highest resolution screen capture to print later. I tuned off Clear Type Text, but apparently it is not enough. I want also to increase color intensity to the highest level in Windows 10, but I did not find the "color intensity" in the...