Windows 10: anyone waiting for new browser or already downloaded Chromium

Discus and support anyone waiting for new browser or already downloaded Chromium in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; how many people are either waiting for new browser or already download? Is it official is it going to be Chromium to replace Edge? I looked through... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by retiredat44, Dec 18, 2018.

1. anyone waiting for new browser or already downloaded Chromium

how many people are either waiting for new browser or already download? Is it official is it going to be Chromium to replace Edge? I looked through threads, but see that the plan is to dump Edge and it looks like Chromium is going to be custom for Windows... any threads that keep us up to date? Also the chromium I have seen (2 different versions (one for phones) and a new one for PC's. No time table, or will it just one day be installed with a huge patch that takes all day and a surprise....

by the way, I thought the big updates were done for the year and then boom, yesterday one hit me and screwed me up at the wrong time of the day.... but it finally installed,, I didn't see a thread for that update.... Thanx

:)

retiredat44, Dec 18, 2018
  2. Lentha Q Win User

Cannot uninstall Chromium browser at all on Windows 10.

SusanMaryElizabeth;

followed the steps you have posted here and was doin' great until the very last step. opened my C: drive but no Chromium folder listed. any other suggestions? really want Chromium off my system as it's a pain in the butt!!!!

thanks for your assistance,

lentha

Lentha Q, Dec 18, 2018
  3. Jsssssssss, Dec 18, 2018
  4. anyone waiting for new browser or already downloaded Chromium

how to uninstall chromium

Hi Scott,

Chromium is the open-source web browser project from which Google Chrome draws its source code. The browsers share the majority of code and features, though there are some minor differences in features and they have different licensing.

I appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Do you get any error while you try to uninstall the chromium browser?

• How did you install the chromium browser? Is it through Windows store/third party website/any other source?

• Does the issue persist only while you try to uninstall the chromium browser/ any other programs?
    You may follow the below suggestions and check if you are able to uninstall the chromium browser.

Follow the below steps if you have installed the chromium browser through the setup file or through the other source.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard, and select
      Programs and features.

• Here you will be able to see the list of programs installed in your computer.

• Right click on the program which you would like to uninstall and click
      Uninstall.
    If you have downloaded the chromium browser through the Windows store, open the Start menu, type chromium in the search bar, right click on the chromium browser from the search bar results and click on uninstall.

THIRD PARTY LINK DISCLAIMER

Using Third Party Software, including hardware drivers can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the use of Third Party Software
    can be solved. Using Third Party Software is at your own risk.

Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Nachappa C K, Dec 18, 2018
Thema:

anyone waiting for new browser or already downloaded Chromium

1. anyone waiting for new browser or already downloaded Chromium - Similar Threads - anyone waiting browser

2. Chromium Browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    Chromium Browser: When I turn on my pc, Chromium browser automatically opens. I don't liking it. How can I stop this irritating behavior of chromium? [NOTE: Once, I turned off the background running of chromium but nothing changed]...
  3. chromium browser

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    chromium browser: i have uninstalled it its not showing in program list. Also in Appdata/local there is no chromium folder tried malware bytes and cc cleaner . no where its listing but while using open with for some pdf files its listing there how can i remove chromium from that...
  4. The new Microsoft Edge (Chromium) web browser is here to download

in Windows 10 News
    The new Microsoft Edge (Chromium) web browser is here to download: [ATTACH]Fans of the new Microsoft Edge web browser that is based on the Chromium engine, should rejoice right now because the browser is out of […] This post The new Microsoft Edge (Chromium) web browser is here to download is from TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  5. Opinion On New Chromium Edge Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Opinion On New Chromium Edge Browser: Hi All, I just thought I'd ask the question for those of us that are actually using the new chromium edge browser, how are you feeling about it by now ? I'm using the latest 'canary' build, at least for me it seems to be steadily improving. I seem to find myself using chrome...
  6. Chromium Edge browser?

in Browsers and Email
    Chromium Edge browser?: When will Chromium Edge be rolling out to general users? Will Chromium Edge be preinstalled on future releases of Windows 10? Read several reviews on this new Edge and looks promising. Just don’t want to keep installing Chrome every time I install Windows. So really my...
  7. Is Chromium Browser safe?

Is Chromium Browser safe?: I need help with my icons on my menu and help with my browser! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/is-chromium-browser-safe/6f3fe5f8-1b21-4b9a-a7a6-bf7ba757aebe
  8. anyone waiting for new browser or already downloaded Chromium

in Browsers and Email
    anyone waiting for new browser or already downloaded Chromium: how many people are either waiting for new browser or already download? Is it official is it going to be Chromium to replace Edge? I looked through threads, but see that the plan is to dump Edge and it looks like Chromium is going to be custom for Windows... any threads that...
  9. Chromium Browser

Chromium Browser: Why am I getting periodically an obnoxious pop up program that tries to get me to install a browser called Chromium? Can I stop this somehow?...
  10. uninstall chromium browser

in Browsers and Email
    uninstall chromium browser: I don't know how I got this program in the first place and now I don't know how to remove it. 1. tried to uninstall using the normal method using the list in the control panel. no luck 2. Used the free malwarebytes program this put a couple of chromium files in the virus...