Windows 10: Anyone with CHKDSK expertise? Do I have anything to worry about?

Discus and support Anyone with CHKDSK expertise? Do I have anything to worry about? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; For those with CHKDSK expertise, are there any concerns with below report? What would have caused this check? Checking file system on C: The type of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by EightK, Mar 10, 2019.

1. EightK Win User

Anyone with CHKDSK expertise? Do I have anything to worry about?

For those with CHKDSK expertise, are there any concerns with below report?

What would have caused this check?

Checking file system on C:
    The type of the file system is NTFS.

One of your disks needs to be checked for consistency. You
    may cancel the disk check, but it is strongly recommended
    that you continue.
    Windows will now check the disk.

Stage 1: Examining basic file system structure ...
    The attribute of type 0x80 and instance tag 0x6 in file 0x1c
    has allocated length of 0x800000 instead of 0x1000000.
    Deleting corrupt attribute record (0x80, $Corrupt)
    from file record segment 0x1C.
    260352 file records processed.
    File verification completed.
    6843 large file records processed.
    0 bad file records processed.

Stage 2: Examining file name linkage ...
    4137 reparse records processed.
    325386 index entries processed.
    Index verification completed.
    0 unindexed files scanned.
    0 unindexed files recovered to lost and found.
    4137 reparse records processed.

Stage 3: Examining security descriptors ...
    Cleaning up 2161 unused index entries from index $SII of file 0x9.
    Cleaning up 2161 unused index entries from index $SDH of file 0x9.
    Cleaning up 2161 unused security descriptors.
    Security descriptor verification completed.
    32518 data files processed.
    CHKDSK is verifying Usn Journal...
    Usn Journal verification completed.
    CHKDSK discovered free space marked as allocated in the volume bitmap.

Windows has made corrections to the file system.
    No further action is required.

116657623 KB total disk space.
    107281664 KB in 132322 files.
    88448 KB in 32519 indexes.
    0 KB in bad sectors.
    334739 KB in use by the system.
    65536 KB occupied by the log file.
    8952772 KB available on disk.

4096 bytes in each allocation unit.
    29164405 total allocation units on disk.
    2238193 allocation units available on disk.

Internal Info:

Windows has finished checking your disk.
    Please wait while your computer restarts.

I've removed internal info but don't think there's anything personally identifiable here?

:)

EightK, Mar 10, 2019
  2. Jelo Sen Win User

chkdsk c: /F

It might be an error on the drive. We suggests that you follow the troubleshooting steps below:

• Run Disk Cleanup utility to clear your junk files.
    • Open an elevated CMD type sfc /scannow and hit Enter to run the System File Checker.
    • Once the scan is completed, restart your computer. Remember to exit ChkDsk
      during boot.
    • Next, again open CMD as admin type
      Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
      and hit Enter to repair the Windows image.
    • Now see if ChkDsk able to complete the scan.

Note: Before doing the steps, make sure you save a back up of your files.

Let us know how it goes.

Jelo Sen, Mar 10, 2019
  3. Jelo Sen Win User
    chkdsk c: /F

We appreciate the response. I'm referring to Check Disk (chkdsk) utility tool. If you haven't tried yet, we suggest that you run a chkdsk by:

• Press Windows Key + X button to bring up the power user menu.
    • In the power user menu, select the Command Prompt (Admin) option.Click Yes when you are presented with a UAC window requesting permission to launch the Command Prompt as Administrator.
    • In the new Command Prompt window, type chkdsk E: /f /r /x. Here you should replace E with your drive letter.
    This option will run chkdsk to check and repair disk errors in Windows 10. The “/f” parameter tells CHKDSK to fix any errors it finds; “/r” tells it to locate the bad sectors on the drive and recover readable information; “/x” forces the drive to dismount
    before the process starts.

Keep us updated with the result.

Jelo Sen, Mar 10, 2019
  4. Anyone with CHKDSK expertise? Do I have anything to worry about?

App install location unable to change to a HDD

Hi,

Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to
    Run check disk (chkdsk)
    on D: drive and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard, click Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

• chkdsk / f

• chkdsk /r
    3. You may be asked whether to schedule this volume to be checked next time when you restarts (Y/N).

4. Press Y key on the keyboard and press
    Enter key.

5. Restart the computer and check.

Chkdsk disclaimer:
    The Chkdsk (Check Disc) scan will try to identify and repair bad sectors found on the hard drive. Any data present on these sectors might be lost in the process. The computer can also go into a no boot state. Proceed at your
    own risk.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on installing the apps on D: drive for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 10, 2019
Thema:

Anyone with CHKDSK expertise? Do I have anything to worry about?

1. Anyone with CHKDSK expertise? Do I have anything to worry about? - Similar Threads - Anyone CHKDSK expertise

2. chkdsk seems stuck and not doing anything.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    chkdsk seems stuck and not doing anything.: I have a external drive with A LOT of bad sectors on it, it is connected by a sata to usb connector. I ran chkdsk F: /f /r and it failed so I added /x and it seemed to get on much better but has been stuck on 10% for the past hour and is at stage 2 of the process. Now, on my...
  3. chkdsk seems stuck and not doing anything.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    chkdsk seems stuck and not doing anything.: I have a external drive with A LOT of bad sectors on it, it is connected by a sata to usb connector. I ran chkdsk F: /f /r and it failed so I added /x and it seemed to get on much better but has been stuck on 10% for the past hour and is at stage 2 of the process. Now, on my...
  4. Is there anything that i should be worry about when using a Windows Sandbox?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there anything that i should be worry about when using a Windows Sandbox?: First time using Windows Sandbox and im worry about testing somethingwill the virus will get inside my main computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-anything-that-i-should-be-worry-about/68715463-4281-4077-a26f-616474739d07
  5. Is there anything that i should be worry about when using a Windows Sandbox?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there anything that i should be worry about when using a Windows Sandbox?: First time using Windows Sandbox and im worry about testing somethingwill the virus will get inside my main computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-anything-that-i-should-be-worry-about/68715463-4281-4077-a26f-616474739d07
  6. Is there anything that i should be worry about when using a Windows Sandbox?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Google Chrome installed itself; anything I should worry about?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Google Chrome installed itself; anything I should worry about?: Hello everyone, Looks like Google Chrome installed itself on my Win10 laptop on 4/8 at 4:30 pm. I didn't find out until today when a shortcut appeared on my desktop. Not only is the stealth installation strange, but the week and a half delay for the shortcut to appear....
  8. CHKDSK ETA 999 Hours - should I worry about something?

CHKDSK ETA 999 Hours - should I worry about something?: My HDD is failing and I often get Blue Screen of Deaths. I decided to run chkdsk on reboot with the command chkdsk D: /r. I backed up any important information so they sre in a safe place (I hope I backed up everything). So on reboot chkdsk started, it's currently saying...
  9. Do I have anything to worry about? My pc went into a update and it was stuck on the...

Do I have anything to worry about? My pc went into a update and it was stuck on the...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/holmxs [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/htwqh1/do_i_have_anything_to_worry_about_my_pc_went_into/
  10. Anyone with CHKDSK expertise? Do I have anything to worry about?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Anyone with CHKDSK expertise? Do I have anything to worry about?: For those with CHKDSK expertise, are there any concerns with below report? What would have caused this check? Checking file system on C: The type of the file system is NTFS. One of your disks needs to be checked for consistency. You may cancel the disk check, but it is...