Windows 10: Anything better than VMWare Workstation?

Discus and support Anything better than VMWare Workstation? in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; I thought it's the best, I tried it the other day and found it not very user friendly. I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to access files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by Spartan, Oct 9, 2020.

1. Spartan Win User

Anything better than VMWare Workstation?

I thought it's the best, I tried it the other day and found it not very user friendly. I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to access files that are on my computer in the VM and even the drag/drop file function didn't work as it had a stop sign sign

Is there a better alternative?

:)

Spartan, Oct 9, 2020
  2. PaulBosio Win User

KB4517211 causes VMware Workstation Pro 14.1.7 to fail

"VMware Workstation Pro can't run on Windows" Message - Windows 10 Help Forums

better solutions to fix rather than uninstalling the update....

Either reg fix or compatibility administrator tool

For compatibility administrator tool, only need to install 1st one on list and unselect the rest (only a 7.7Meg install)

"VMware Workstation Pro can't run on Windows" Message - Windows 10 Help Forums

PaulBosio, Oct 9, 2020
  3. pparks1 Win User
    vmware workstation 12 out now - built for W10

Right from this page;
    VMware Workstation Player FAQs: Create and run virtual machines | United States

also
    More detail
    I use VMWare extensively at work.

pparks1, Oct 9, 2020
  4. dhjohns Win User

VMWare workstation 11 no internet.

VMWare Workstation 12 is out now, which fully supports Windows 10. I suggest upgrading to 12.

dhjohns, Oct 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Anything better than VMWare Workstation? - Similar Threads - Anything better VMWare

2. Vmware Workstation and W10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Vmware Workstation and W10: I am running W10.Can anyone suggest why I am having trouble using VMware on my class 3 Dell 5430 laptop running W10? I was able to install Vmware but when I tried to open it the next day it would not open. I was also unable to connect a USB 3.0 Flash Drive but I could connect...
  3. Vmware Workstation and W10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Vmware Workstation and W10: I am running W10.Can anyone suggest why I am having trouble using VMware on my class 3 Dell 5430 laptop running W10? I was able to install Vmware but when I tried to open it the next day it would not open. I was also unable to connect a USB 3.0 Flash Drive but I could connect...
  4. VMware Workstation and Memory integrity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VMware Workstation and Memory integrity: Since I discovered Memory integrity feature in Windows Security I have left it always enabled. But sometimes I should turn it off by rebooting my PC in order to work with virtual machines. I tried to enable hypervisor and VM-related components in Control Panel as it described...
  5. VMware workstation 12 player

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    VMware workstation 12 player: I have used Hyper V mainly, but have given the latest VMware a go. So far I'm liking it. Something it does that Hyper V didn't is allow me to connect USB device. I have not figured out the setting so I can see my host drives though. How do I enable that? [img] 23361
  6. Configure VMware Workstation

Configure VMware Workstation: Hi, Based on a scenario, I have queries as following. VMware Workstation 12 Pro is installed in a Windows 10 Desktop. As guest OS, Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 and Windows Server 2012 R2 are installed in VMware Workstation. I have to do a setup for networking...
  7. KVM better than vmware workstation and Esxi and NON PROPRIETARY

KVM better than vmware workstation and Esxi and NON PROPRIETARY: Hi there. I got esxi running but not really satisfied with performance and the hassle of controlling VM's from a remote computer. So I decided to re-visit using KVM (can be considered Linux's equivalent to HYPER-V). KVM is free of course (it's part of most Linux distros...
  8. VMWare Workstation 10.4

VMWare Workstation 10.4: VMWare Workstation 10.4 is on the street. Up and running, and at the moment haven't had any problems running any OS. 2753
  9. vmware workstation 12.5.2

vmware workstation 12.5.2: Hi folks If you are running Linux Hosts this version of VMWARE workstation (and similar release of vmplayer) seems to have fixed problems of "wobbly mouse" etc -- also when scrolling inside the GUEST in windowed mode --I.E Windowed mode WITHIN the guest the scroll is...
  10. VMWare workstation 11 no internet.

VMWare workstation 11 no internet.: Hi, I've done a clean install of windows 10 Pro but am now unable to get internet on a guest VM on Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 . I just get a yellow ? Ethernet controller in device manager. I tried my legal copies of Windows Me and Windows 3.11 and can get...