Windows 10: Anything deleted during "Preparing to delete..." ?

Discus and support Anything deleted during "Preparing to delete..." ? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I wanted to delete a large quantity of files (several TB) and was presented with the "Preparing to delete files...." dialog. Then I changed my mind and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MarcaberAlright, Dec 18, 2018.

1. Anything deleted during "Preparing to delete..." ?

I wanted to delete a large quantity of files (several TB) and was presented with the "Preparing to delete files...." dialog. Then I changed my mind and cancelled this dialog. Since it was in the "Preparing to delete" stage: Was Windows just discovering items or already deleting in the background? This is important for me to know, because I have no way of knowing if the files are still all there.

Many thanks in advance!!

:)

MarcaberAlright, Dec 18, 2018
  2. btarunr Win User

Explanations for deleted posts?

Like I said, it makes no sense in letting users see deleted posts, even if they are their own. That's why they were deleted in the first place. If they get to see who specifically deleted it, it only serves one purpose. Lets them bitch.

btarunr, Dec 18, 2018
  3. W1zzard Win User
    Had a Question..it was deleted --.--

our policy is to delete only spam/inappropriate posts.

the only person who can "hard delete" posts on the forums is me .. everybody else can just soft-delete the posts, the original author will see those posts in the threads list with a comment why it was deleted.

to the poster it will look like this, without "manage"

Anything deleted during "Preparing to delete..." ? deleted.gif

W1zzard, Dec 18, 2018
  4. Jayzilla Win User

Anything deleted during "Preparing to delete..." ?

Delete mails in Outlook but want to keep mails untouch in webmail

When I deleted an email in outlook and my webmail got deleted too. I want to keep all the inbox mails from the webmail even I complete deleted in outlook. I spend hrs can't think it out how. Any step by step instruction? I'm using IMAP account btw. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Jayzilla, Dec 18, 2018
Thema:

Anything deleted during "Preparing to delete..." ?

1. Anything deleted during "Preparing to delete..." ? - Similar Threads - Anything deleted during

2. Error during file deletion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error during file deletion: I got some wierd files and i want to delete them, but I get an error message saying 'this file is no longer located in drive, verify location and try again'. I thought it must be virus but microsoft defender doesn't mark it as a virus.How do i delete them?...
  3. Error during file deletion

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error during file deletion: I got some wierd files and i want to delete them, but I get an error message saying 'this file is no longer located in drive, verify location and try again'. I thought it must be virus but microsoft defender doesn't mark it as a virus.How do i delete them?...
  4. Error during file deletion

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Delete key not deleting anything....AND Rclick delete also

in Windows 10 Support
    Delete key not deleting anything....AND Rclick delete also: Strange.... W10 Pro 21H2 v19043.1803 Delete key on keyboard stopped working...won't delete anything... Same thing with Rclick and delete.... It's like any delete feature in W10 stopped working.... Thoughts and ideas appreciated.... Yes...I tried a different kb...and...
  6. Deleting hiberfil.sys during startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deleting hiberfil.sys during startup: Background: I'm having issues with the latest Windows update (not sure what the update code was since I didn't pay attention to that, but I think it was the March 2021 Cumulative Update). For reference, my PC has attempted installing this update every time I shut it down for...
  7. Deleted a folder containing thousands of files; canceled during delete

Deleted a folder containing thousands of files; canceled during delete: I deleted a folder containing over 15,000 small wave files. I canceled while my computer was moving the files to the Recycle Bin. All of the contents in the folder have disappeared. Where did these files go?...
  8. Issues with deleting files endless discovering, preparing for deletion

Issues with deleting files endless discovering, preparing for deletion: Sometimes when I try to delete a file I get this feedback from Windows: [ATTACH] And this dialog goes nowhere; I tried waiting for 5 minutes or so... This is my computer HDD storage, not a cloud or some external usb device. I tried checking it for errors and...
  9. Audio Deleted During Reinstall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Audio Deleted During Reinstall: I reinstalled Win 10, deleting my apps but retaining my files. Unfortunately, Win no longer recognizes any audio input or output devices. Where did they go and how do I get them back? Thanks....
  10. I cant install or delete anything.

in Windows 10 Support
    I cant install or delete anything.: Hi guys, Im having huge problem after I updated win7 to win10. I cant install anything or delete anything from my computer. Can anyone tell me what to do now? https://i.imgur.com/KHE9F8g.png https://i.imgur.com/1xDDMcK.png https://i.imgur.com/oWz62rb.png I get all...