Windows 10: Anything not opening in windows 11 except settings and a browsercan't even open cmd.

Discus and support Anything not opening in windows 11 except settings and a browsercan't even open cmd. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Nothing just doesn't opens in my laptop and shows an error that windows can't access the file or path. Please tell if there's any solution to this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LipikaDas, Jun 25, 2022.

1. LipikaDas Win User

Anything not opening in windows 11 except settings and a browsercan't even open cmd.

Nothing just doesn't opens in my laptop and shows an error that windows can't access the file or path. Please tell if there's any solution to this

:)

LipikaDas, Jun 25, 2022
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Jun 25, 2022
  3. Cannot open PC settings in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Forums.

There is no PC settings on Windows 10. Click on search and type settings.

If you wish to access control panel: Press Windows + X and select control panel.

If you are unable to open settings then follow the steps provided below. Open an Administrator CMD window. If you can’t find a way, use these steps:

• Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task Manager.
    • Click File > Run New Task
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
    • Type CMD
    • Type the following commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannnow

If the above commands both completed and show no remaining issues, run these commands:

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope this helps.

Anish A Kumar, Jun 25, 2022
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Anything not opening in windows 11 except settings and a browsercan't even open cmd.

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 25, 2022
Thema:

1. Anything not opening in windows 11 except settings and a browsercan't even open cmd. - Similar Threads - Anything opening except

2. Can’t open anything except setting don’t know what to do

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t open anything except setting don’t know what to do: So I got a new gpu and had it all setup and it worked amazing I might have overclocked it a little because it crashed running a high end game and everytime I turn it on and login it stays at a black screen and brings up my antivirus software so I scanned my computer and it...
  3. Can’t open anything except setting don’t know what to do

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t open anything except setting don’t know what to do: So I got a new gpu and had it all setup and it worked amazing I might have overclocked it a little because it crashed running a high end game and everytime I turn it on and login it stays at a black screen and brings up my antivirus software so I scanned my computer and it...
  4. Anything not opening in windows 11 except settings and a browsercan't even open cmd.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Anything not opening in windows 11 except settings and a browsercan't even open cmd.: Nothing just doesn't opens in my laptop and shows an error that windows can't access the file or path. Please tell if there's any solution to this...
  5. CMD not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CMD not opening: I am not able to open CMD, i have tried multiple fixes online but nothing really workedI am running on Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cmd-not-opening/fc3d4904-0d2d-4f26-8b4c-d66593d49207
  6. CMD not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CMD not opening: I am not able to open CMD, i have tried multiple fixes online but nothing really workedI am running on Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cmd-not-opening/fc3d4904-0d2d-4f26-8b4c-d66593d49207
  7. CMD not opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. cmd not opening

cmd not opening: Hello guys. I got a burning question about command prompt that has disturbed me for the better part of this week.My cmd had been working well until a few days ago when it could just blink, but not open. I have tried so many options, including creating shortcuts and going...
  9. Search bar not working, Settings can be opened but can't click on anything, can't open cmd....

Search bar not working, Settings can be opened but can't click on anything, can't open cmd....: Hello, My Issue started when I accidentally hid my files on my drive C. After I unhid the folder, this issue occured. Also, when I download, it stops at 100% and won't move at all. Thank you...
  10. CMD NOT OPENING

in Windows 10 Customization
    CMD NOT OPENING: So im trying to opn my cmd but everytime it opens it closes within 3 seconds...i tried to create a new environment path...didnt worked. tried sfc /scannow in powershell..didnt found any missing files....what should i do then?...