Windows 10: Anything to do with Microsoft on my PC wont open

Discus and support Anything to do with Microsoft on my PC wont open in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I recently fully reset my PC to default, since then any apps to do with Microsoft including the store itself doesn't seem to want to open, I've tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by vMxyo, May 21, 2022.

1. vMxyo Win User

Anything to do with Microsoft on my PC wont open

I recently fully reset my PC to default, since then any apps to do with Microsoft including the store itself doesn't seem to want to open, I've tried everything I've found on the internet and nothing seems to work.Also when I run "wsreset" an error comes up saying "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item", I've also tried everything I've found on the internet to try and solve this issue but nothing seems to work for that either.I've been trying all sorts to figure this out for the last 3 days and I'm just confuse

:)

vMxyo, May 21, 2022

2. settings wont open

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Please answer the below question to understand the situation better,

• Are you facing this issue on a local account or the Microsoft Account?
    Please follow the below steps and check if it works,

• Press “Windows key + I” to open the Settings screen.
    I suggest you to sign out from the current user account, restart the computer and then sign in to the Administrator account to check if this helps

Reply us if you have further queries. We will be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, May 21, 2022
  3. Settings and store wont open, and pc wont reset

Hi Camisado,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in accessing the operating system.
    Now that you have me with you let me take care of this.

We appreciate your effort and time spent in resolving the issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?
    • How exactly are you trying to perform reset on your device?

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to try the below if not yet tried:

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press
      CTRL+Shift+ESC.
    • Click File > Run New Task.
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”.
    • Type CMD.
    • Type the following commands at the CMD prompt:

• powershell

• Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

6. Close the CMD window.

Check to see if the issue is resolved.

Step 2: I suggest you to create a test user account on your computer and check if the issue persists on that account.

This will let us know if your current user account is corrupted.

Follow:

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on
      Control Panel.

• Select User Accounts, click on
      Manage another account

• Select Add a new user in PC settings, click on
      Add someone else to this PC and follow onscreen instructions.
    Refer to: Create a local user account
    in Windows 10

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue and the required information for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, May 21, 2022
  4. Anything to do with Microsoft on my PC wont open

Tiles wont open

Hi John,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience as Windows apps are not working in Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

Please follow the below troubleshooting steps and check:

Step 1: I suggest you to Run Microsoft Account Troubleshooter and check.

Link: Microsoft Account troubleshooter

Step 2: I would suggest run Windows Store Apps troubleshooter and check if the issue can be resolved.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search next to start on the desktop.
    • Click on View All on left side and select Windows Store Apps.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions.
    If the issue still persists then,

Step 3: You may disconnect the email id associated with the Microsoft account and associate that email id with the Local account. Once this is done the Local account which is working fine would now become
    the Microsoft account.

How to switch to a local account from Microsoft account.

• Press “Windows + I” keys to open Settings (When you get the error “Critical error-start menu and Cortana not working”).
    • Select Accounts.
    • On the right side, it will show your current account with an option "Switch to a local account”.
    • Select “switch to a local account” and follow the steps to switch your Microsoft account into a local account. Once this is done your Microsoft account is safe and not linked with that computer anymore.
    How to convert a local account to Microsoft Account:

• Press “Windows + I” keys to open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Tap or click Switch to a Microsoft account and follow the on screen instructions.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, May 21, 2022
Thema:

Anything to do with Microsoft on my PC wont open

1. Anything to do with Microsoft on my PC wont open - Similar Threads - Anything Microsoft wont

2. Anything to do with Microsoft on my PC wont open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Anything to do with Microsoft on my PC wont open: I recently fully reset my PC to default, since then any apps to do with Microsoft including the store itself doesn't seem to want to open, I've tried everything I've found on the internet and nothing seems to work.Also when I run "wsreset" an error comes up saying "Windows...
  3. Anything to do with Microsoft on my PC wont open

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Anything to do with Microsoft on my PC wont open: I recently fully reset my PC to default, since then any apps to do with Microsoft including the store itself doesn't seem to want to open, I've tried everything I've found on the internet and nothing seems to work.Also when I run "wsreset" an error comes up saying "Windows...
  4. pc wont do anything

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    pc wont do anything: pc wont reset, wont repair, cant open apps,cmd commands dont work. if i want to start my pc i got to do startup setting and i got to do disable early anti virus help please...
  5. pc wont do anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc wont do anything: pc wont reset, wont repair, cant open apps,cmd commands dont work. if i want to start my pc i got to do startup setting and i got to do disable early anti virus help please...
  6. pc wont do anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Microsoft store wont install anything / won't open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft store wont install anything / won't open: I bought the xbox game pass to play sea of thieves with my friend but the microsoft store wouldn't install it, when i told it to install it just kept buffering then eventually stopped, it put priority over like 26 other updates that installed extremely slowly, i tried looking...
  8. My pc wont load anything

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My pc wont load anything: Firstly, it takes three minutes for my pc to boot up. And once in finally in, it takes 5 minutes for me to load applications, even something as simple as Google. I've checked for viruses, gotten rid of all cookies, cleaned out junk files, and done just about everything I can...
  9. My PC wont connect to anything

My PC wont connect to anything: It has been a few months ago that my PC just Turned off by it self over and over then one day it didn't connect to my monitor keyboard and mouse but it still lights up it doesn't pick it up that they are there or something...
  10. My windows 10 wont open anything

My windows 10 wont open anything: Hello my name is Asyran and ima gamer so at 23 March 2019,Saturday i going to open my pc and windows load so fast than before and i tried to open the browser but it dont load and i tried to shutdown,restart but it dont work tho so i decided to open my phone and type this can...