Windows 10: Anything to do with Windows 10 Modern Apps seem to malfunction, but I believe it extends...

Discus and support Anything to do with Windows 10 Modern Apps seem to malfunction, but I believe it extends... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So just for a little context, I bought a 2TB NVME SSD for which I wanted to clone my original drive into which was also 2TB. When I had clone it, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Rudy Does PC, Dec 20, 2020.

1. Anything to do with Windows 10 Modern Apps seem to malfunction, but I believe it extends...

So just for a little context, I bought a 2TB NVME SSD for which I wanted to clone my original drive into which was also 2TB. When I had clone it, it caused a number of issues I wasn't able to fix at all. It would not let me boot into windows at all and spent 3 days trying to troubleshoot, but to no avail. So I decided to reinstall windows on top of my previous install so I didn't have to lose any of my personal files or apps. After installing everything seem to be working just fine, I could open Windows apps, I was able to play games with my steam install, etc. After a couple of days I had a windows update and then all the windows 10 modern apps such as photos and video did not work at all returning errors such as "Package could not be registered", Error: 0x80070005 or Error: 0x80070003. When attempting to use Apps & Features to terminate and reset Photos, it tends to work again, but if I close the application and reopen it seconds after the exact issue comes back. Looking online I tried a number of things.

I tried to update windows to the latest version to no avail

I tried to change the folder permissions to attempt to fix it but did not work as well

and the most recent was checking into the registry editor and see what permissions exists in the folders, and came to find out an unknown user keeps popping up, my guess is that it is the username I had previously but it is no longer in the PC which registers it as an Unknown User. When I go into the Registry editor and delete the permissions to the unknown user and attempt to open the app I'm trying to test if I'm able to fix at the moment that is Photos so I don't end up messing up the registry on everything else it does not open, but when using Apps & features to restart Photos, Photos opens again, but when I go back into the Registry the Unknown user appears again and the same cycle occurs where if I close Photos and attempt to open them again it simply fails unless I use the App & Features to reset every single time.

I'm not entirely sure of the extent of how much more damage this may be causing to the computer since I can't even install anything from the Microsoft store.

If the previous user is the issue, how would I entirely get rid of it?
    The current user on the computer after the new Windows Install is called "Black Dragon" yeah I know nerdy and the previous user that is no longer in this Windows Install was "Asus1" because the computer was at 1 point a prebuilt but for years of upgrades and changes, it has gone through 3 clones before the 4th clone that forced me to make a new windows install. Both previous and current users use the same Microsoft login which in this case is the same account I'm currently using to make this question. I have a good number of applications and files I want to keep so I would gladly appreciate if someone could help me with this headache.

:)

Rudy Does PC, Dec 20, 2020
  2. LeoBloom. Win User

Permanently malfunctioning modern apps

Running TH2 on insider preview ring

Tried launching calculator: it crashed. Currently all Modern apps look like this: http://i.imgur.com/N2xSc1w.png

Tried: Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"} via admin powershell - produced lots of errors

No modern apps are launching.

Unsure of the next step - please help! Can't even open the damn calculator!

LeoBloom., Dec 20, 2020
  3. Jan Del Win User
    Windows 10 Modern apps not working

Hi Mike,

Since you just freshly reinstalled Windows 10, we suggest resetting apps by following the steps below:

• Type Settings on the search box.
    • Click on Settings.
    • On the left pane, click on Default apps.
    • Click Reset button under Reset to the Microsoft recommended defaults.
    • Try to open another app and check if the issue persists.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Jan Del, Dec 20, 2020
  4. Anything to do with Windows 10 Modern Apps seem to malfunction, but I believe it extends...

Setting Modern Apps to open at Windows Startup on Windows 10

Hi Tobe,

Unfortunately, you cannot add a Windows Modern app to the Startup programs list. You can add only executable programs to the startup list. I'd suggest you to right click on the app and pin it to your taskbar for easy/quick access.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have further queries, we'll be glad to help you.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Dec 20, 2020
Thema:

Anything to do with Windows 10 Modern Apps seem to malfunction, but I believe it extends...

1. Anything to do with Windows 10 Modern Apps seem to malfunction, but I believe it extends... - Similar Threads - Anything Modern Apps

2. I believe the Eden Reforestation game on Microsoft Weather is malfunctioning.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I believe the Eden Reforestation game on Microsoft Weather is malfunctioning.: I believe the Eden Tree game on Microsoft Weather is malfunctioning. Levels 6 and 7 both require 5000 points each to complete, but it should only take 10,000 points total to complete. By the look of it, it now takes 50,000 points to complete a tree?...
  3. I believe the Eden Reforestation game on Microsoft Weather is malfunctioning.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I believe the Eden Reforestation game on Microsoft Weather is malfunctioning.: I believe the Eden Tree game on Microsoft Weather is malfunctioning. Levels 6 and 7 both require 5000 points each to complete, but it should only take 10,000 points total to complete. By the look of it, it now takes 50,000 points to complete a tree?...
  4. chkdsk seems stuck and not doing anything.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    chkdsk seems stuck and not doing anything.: I have a external drive with A LOT of bad sectors on it, it is connected by a sata to usb connector. I ran chkdsk F: /f /r and it failed so I added /x and it seemed to get on much better but has been stuck on 10% for the past hour and is at stage 2 of the process. Now, on my...
  5. chkdsk seems stuck and not doing anything.

chkdsk seems stuck and not doing anything.: I have a external drive with A LOT of bad sectors on it, it is connected by a sata to usb connector. I ran chkdsk F: /f /r and it failed so I added /x and it seemed to get on much better but has been stuck on 10% for the past hour and is at stage 2 of the process. Now, on my...
  6. chkdsk seems stuck and not doing anything.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Windows 10 Mail App malfunction.

Windows 10 Mail App malfunction.: I have moved emails from my INBOX to specific folders that have been set up. However, when I try to access the emails in any of the folders I do not find the emails I have previously moved there! What am I doing wrong?...
  8. Keyboard seems to be malfunctioning

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard seems to be malfunctioning: So I am facing some issues with my keyboard, few keys are producing weird results which have come to my notice: 1 Down arrow : Adds a space character in normal .txt file, while in MS Excel deletes the characters from the whole cell 2 Spacebar : Adds a space and then goes to...
  9. Windows 10 Modern Apps not Running

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Modern Apps not Running: So, I am using Windows 10 Version 1909. When I try to open Modern Windows Apps like the Settings, Microsoft Store, or The Xbox app which are based on the Windows Universal Platform, I get an error from explorer.exe and the message says "class not registered." I need to know...
  10. Windows 10 modern apps not working...

Windows 10 modern apps not working...: So, I had a problem this morning regarding the modern apps icons, they were all blank whichever app I ran. Then I tried to fix them following this article: BEST FIX: Windows 10 Store Icon Missing - Appuals.com But, it just made things worse and now I can't even open Windows...