Windows 10: Anything worth getting from HP after format/clean win10 install? (software/specific drivers...

Discus and support Anything worth getting from HP after format/clean win10 install? (software/specific drivers... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Just did some nice "renovations" on the ol' HP laptop, including replaced the harddrive with an SSD and did a clean install of win10 on it (using the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/OlegRu, Jan 6, 2021.

1. /u/OlegRu Win User

Anything worth getting from HP after format/clean win10 install? (software/specific drivers...

Just did some nice "renovations" on the ol' HP laptop, including replaced the harddrive with an SSD and did a clean install of win10 on it (using the tool from windows website) - Thanks to some of your guys help!

Windows update seems to have found almost all of the drivers (might have to grab another one for the customizable touchpad from HP), and I'm loving the almost bloat/adware free windows.

However, I was wondering if anything is worth getting from the HP site itself - i.e. HP Hardware Diagnostics, HP Support Assistant, and/or specific drivers/software?

Want to keep my windows clean as possible, but also want optimized experience.

Thanks!

submitted by /u/OlegRu
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/OlegRu, Jan 6, 2021
  2. Mussels Win User

HP Drivers won't install

are you sure they're even relevant? my laptops drivers list heaps of alternate drivers that arent actually for my laptop (EG, intel video drivers, when its got AMD only)

same could be happening with OS version - you're grabbing XP drivers for win7, or a similar mistake with x86/x64

Mussels, Jan 6, 2021
  3. more123 Win User
    HP Drivers won't install

Hi,
    These specific third party drivers; audio, graphics, chipset ..etc they actually download and install just fine. Problem is with HP's own software like the webcam program, and some touchsmart specific software that isn't installing at all and there is no where else to get'em.

more123, Jan 6, 2021
  4. naveen1 Win User

Anything worth getting from HP after format/clean win10 install? (software/specific drivers...

clean-install win10 and re-install hp-factory-installed drivers, apps

ok. thanks a lot to everyone. i am really grateful.
    @mrgeek
    HP recovery manager is there, but my RECOVERY partition is not there. so HP recovery manager lists all the drivers and applications present in C:\SWsetup (it says nothing found if that folder is moved). and i think HP recovery manager cannot use the DVDs to install the drivers and applications. and i booted from disc-1, it opens the recovery interface but there is no option to restore ONLY the drivers and applications. i guess the only option is what others have suggested.

naveen1, Jan 6, 2021
Thema:

1. Anything worth getting from HP after format/clean win10 install? (software/specific drivers... - Similar Threads - Anything worth getting

2. Installing software on the D: drive. Is it worth it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing software on the D: drive. Is it worth it?: Hii! I have a laptop with the capacity of 256GB. For the year of owning my laptop, I've met myself with storage problems numerously. My C drive has only about 99GB, while my D drive actually has been holding 137GB empty these past few years. I am not very good at computers,...
  3. Installing software on the D: drive. Is it worth it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing software on the D: drive. Is it worth it?: Hii! I have a laptop with the capacity of 256GB. For the year of owning my laptop, I've met myself with storage problems numerously. My C drive has only about 99GB, while my D drive actually has been holding 137GB empty these past few years. I am not very good at computers,...
  4. Installing software on the D: drive. Is it worth it?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Problem with drivers after clean Win10 install of brand new HP Pavilion

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem with drivers after clean Win10 install of brand new HP Pavilion: So I installed Windows 10 64 bit om my new HP Pavilion 15-cs2014nu. Dude in the PC store was like "You will need someone other than yourself to install the drivers" and something like "You wouldn't know if your BIOS is synced according to the drivers" and the latter kind of...
  6. clean-install win10 and re-install hp-factory-installed drivers, apps

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    clean-install win10 and re-install hp-factory-installed drivers, apps: hi, i own a HP laptop (model number A1U59AV - HP Pavilion dv6t-6c00 CTO Quad Edition Entertainment Notebook PC - Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support ). my laptop came pre-installed with genuine windows 7 home-premium and the corresponding drivers and many...
  7. Is win10 worth the upgrade? Just installed.

in Windows 10 Support
    Is win10 worth the upgrade? Just installed.: Been win7 for a while. Ive done some research on win10 and many people have a ton of complains on it, including telemtry, bugs, bloatware, searching, etc. Was the switch worth it in your opinion ? Is there anything I should do to improve quality of life immediately upon...
  8. Clean Win10 install on New SSD- formatting errors

Clean Win10 install on New SSD- formatting errors: Hi all, Operator skill level- medium - its been 4.5 years since my last build, zero experience installing Win8 or Win10 Brand new Clean install from full WIndows 10 USB3.0 retail package Gigabyte GA-970A-D3P motherboard AMD FX-8350 Black Edition Vishera 16 Gig...
  9. Clean win10 install with completely formatted SSD

Clean win10 install with completely formatted SSD: Hi to all I have my Acer laptop around 2 months , and now i want to fresh install win 10 What I've done ,I created USB image via Rufus with Win10 home (which I had on my new laptop preinstalled) I writed down my licence key. Ive booted and cleaned SSD completely with new...
  10. Does clean install of Win10 format hard drive?

Does clean install of Win10 format hard drive?: Granted...this may be a dumb question...but I botched the upgrade to Win10 by selecting 32-bit instead of 64-bit. *Redface*cry*Sad I'm planning to do a clean install, from a bootable flash using the Media Creator tool (that includes the Ann. update) I know I'll lose all...