Windows 10: Anytime an App Updates, it then Hides Itself in the System Tray. How do I stop this?

Discus and support Anytime an App Updates, it then Hides Itself in the System Tray. How do I stop this? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,Windows 11 user, latest updates/versions installed but this has been happening for the entire time I've had Windows 11. Under Personalization >... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JayN80, Feb 23, 2024.

1. JayN80 Win User

Anytime an App Updates, it then Hides Itself in the System Tray. How do I stop this?

Hello,Windows 11 user, latest updates/versions installed but this has been happening for the entire time I've had Windows 11. Under Personalization > Taskbar in the settings menu, there's the section for "Other system tray icons" which lets you pick which icons you want displayed. I have every possible icon set to ON as well as the global setting there. However, whenever ANY of these apps has an update NVidia, Discord, Spotify to name the most frequent, after the update installs the system changes the option to OFF for them and they become hidden with the little up arrow. I have to go

:)

JayN80, Feb 23, 2024
Thema:

Anytime an App Updates, it then Hides Itself in the System Tray. How do I stop this?

1. Anytime an App Updates, it then Hides Itself in the System Tray. How do I stop this? - Similar Threads - Anytime App Updates

2. Anytime an App Updates, it then Hides Itself in the System Tray. How do I stop this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Anytime an App Updates, it then Hides Itself in the System Tray. How do I stop this?: Hello,Windows 11 user, latest updates/versions installed but this has been happening for the entire time I've had Windows 11. Under Personalization > Taskbar in the settings menu, there's the section for "Other system tray icons" which lets you pick which icons you want...
  3. I am trying to hide my system tray

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am trying to hide my system tray: I tried a regedit post to try and hide it but with no luck I was wondering if anyone could help me with this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-trying-to-hide-my-system-tray/998d7bb1-3575-4063-bf08-b5b042701646
  4. Zoom rooms app update by itself how do I stop it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Zoom rooms app update by itself how do I stop it: I have windows 8.1 and an I3 laptop. I use zoom rooms for school . It keeps updating by itself, and my computer can't handle the latest version 5.8.7. The problem is that after some minutes it crashes my computer. It is ruining me. I want to stick with the 5.7.5 version...
  5. Zoom rooms app update by itself how do I stop it

Zoom rooms app update by itself how do I stop it: I have windows 8.1 and an I3 laptop. I use zoom rooms for school . It keeps updating by itself, and my computer can't handle the latest version 5.8.7. The problem is that after some minutes it crashes my computer. It is ruining me. I want to stick with the 5.7.5 version...
  6. How can i hide a specific program in the system tray

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can i hide a specific program in the system tray: Hi , so i want to hide a specific program in the system tray [ATTACH] can anyone help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-hide-a-specific-program-in-the-system/f7f09999-9397-44e8-b1d0-792a49d3721b
  7. How to permanently hide a "hidden" system tray icon?

How to permanently hide a "hidden" system tray icon?: Hi, I'm not sure if this is question is applicable to this forum because I own Windows 7, but seeing how the system tray features are similar between Windows 10 and 7, I thought of asking in hopes that someone can help. I have a few applications that are left working in the...
  8. How to hide softwares/apps from system tray? (using other softwares)

How to hide softwares/apps from system tray? (using other softwares): Is there a way to hide softwares/apps from system tray? System Tray: [img] Thanks, in advance heh 129625
  9. Permanently hiding system tray icon

Permanently hiding system tray icon: Hey all, I was looking for a way to hide a certain program's system tray icon. If I use the built in hiding option it still shows when I click the arrow, which is not what I want. I want to completely hide it (stealth). I've been looking for programs to do this but they're...
  10. How do I hide a running application's system tray icons?

How do I hide a running application's system tray icons?: You know the system tray icons right? The little menu that opens up when you click the little arrow in the taskbar? It shows all the currently running applications, but I was wondering if it was possible to have the icon not show in the menu even if the program is still...