Windows 10: Anyway to bypass or disable DWM or windows Vysnc?

Discus and support Anyway to bypass or disable DWM or windows Vysnc? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I know previous versions you were able to, but now they've made it almost impossible on 2004. Please help. submitted by /u/GoyBoyAdvanced [link]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/GoyBoyAdvanced, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Anyway to bypass or disable DWM or windows Vysnc?

I know previous versions you were able to, but now they've made it almost impossible on 2004. Please help.

submitted by /u/GoyBoyAdvanced
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/GoyBoyAdvanced, Sep 22, 2020
  2. ricardobohner, Sep 22, 2020
  3. Get better Game Performance under Vista by disabling DWM on a per-application basis!

I just came across this tip/tweak, which probably many who are familiar with Vista already know... It's about disabling the aero effect on a per-application basis, so that you get vista basic interface during gameplay (when you're not going to see it) and it switches back to aero when you exit the game.

DWM, or the Desktop Window Manager, turns the graphics card into a shared resource which allows for the Aeroglass effects and the tear-free desktop. When running normal applications, this is a good thing because it offloads the graphics work (the bulk of which was handled by the CPU in Windows XP) to the GPU, which, when running normal applications is sitting in your computer doing nothing. With Aeroglass/DWM on, the CPU is freed up for other duties as all of the desktop graphics are now handled by the GPU.

In DirectX 9 and OpenGL games however, having Aeroglass/DWM on can decrease performance. This is for a number of reasons :
    1.DWM makes the video card a shared resource. When DWM is on, programs are not allowed direct access to the video card.
    2.DWM uses both System RAM and VRAM because it maintains an offscreen buffer for every window.

Fortunately, Microsoft has provided a way to disable DWM on a per-application basis so you can still enjoy Aeroglass when not running games. To disable DWM on a per-application basis, right click on the application/game's icon and select properties. Navigate to the compatibility tab, then find and check Disable Desktop Compositing. Now, whenever you launch that program, Windows Vista will temporarily switch back to the Windows XP style graphics subsystem.

DirectX 10 games shouldn't be affected as much (if at all) by having DWM on because the DirectX 10 API is designed around having the GPU as a shared resource and is better able to handle GPU multitasking.

With a few simple steps, on most setups, you can easily make your games run as fast or faster than in Windows XP under Windows Vista.

This will work on both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows Vista.

Black Panther, Sep 22, 2020
  4. fdm2000 Win User

Anyway to bypass or disable DWM or windows Vysnc?

Ways to bypass the login theme and signin do not work

Tried setting netplwiz in option 1 step 4 which shows no check in users must enter ..... no bypass of login

Tried step 4 in option 5 below to disable require sign-on on wakeup via policy via registry but still no change on wakeup still getting the screen picture that requires hitting Esc to move to the sign in window which shows a silhouette image, my user name and a sign in button in order to access my desktop screen. Guess I will have to live with the extra steps.

Again thanks for your interest and suggestions.

fdm2000, Sep 22, 2020
Thema:

Anyway to bypass or disable DWM or windows Vysnc?

1. Anyway to bypass or disable DWM or windows Vysnc? - Similar Threads - Anyway bypass disable

2. Is there anyway to enable the volume stack bypass on my NVMe drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there anyway to enable the volume stack bypass on my NVMe drive?: When running fsutil bypassIo state d:\ through the command prompt, I get the following message.Does this mean my NVMe drive cannot fully support direct storage, or is there something I can do on my end?...
  3. Disable V-sync for specific windowed applications DWM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disable V-sync for specific windowed applications DWM: My Windows 10 version is 1909 build 18363.1082. So there is a game that I want to run in windowed mode so I can put other things over it not exclusive fullscreen, dll injection for overlays is not an option. And there is the mandatory Desktop Window Manager that forces...
  4. Is there anyway to bypass Windows settings to make the default color a gradient?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there anyway to bypass Windows settings to make the default color a gradient?: submitted by /u/FRESHShaZaM [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dtzyqy/is_there_anyway_to_bypass_windows_settings_to/
  5. disabling dwm access denied

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    disabling dwm access denied: I created another post since my first got unasnwered 20 days and editing doesn't bring up my question. I am trying to terminate dwm on windows 10, i found this guide dwm - Temporarily disable Desktop Composition in Windows 10? - Super User After i suspend explorer.exe i try...
  6. error when trying to disable DWM

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    error when trying to disable DWM: I follow this guide: https://superuser.com/questions/1016...-in-windows-10 Get no answer there. Even i took permissions in Edit and Advanced tab still can't disable dwm, one time it works and second i get this error: https://superuser.com/questions/1424...-terminate-dwm Tried...
  7. windows dwm

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows dwm: What is this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-dwm/eb8ca886-88f6-4386-be74-211450a060df
  8. Is there anyway to disable Airplane mode?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there anyway to disable Airplane mode?: I have just deployed Windows 10 1803. We have laptops from different vendors. I am trying to find Group policy that can disable Airplane mode. I am wondering, Is there anyway to disable Airplane mode on all laptops?...
  9. Anyway to disable these windows processes/programs?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Anyway to disable these windows processes/programs?: Anyway to disable: microsoft pay/store/photo.exe? I don't use any of these, microsoft content too i'd like to disable. But I only wanna do this if this won't screw with windows update working. I mean I could just rename the folder for some, but unsure if thats the smartest...
  10. Anyway to disable these windows processes/programs?

in Windows 10 Support
    Anyway to disable these windows processes/programs?: Anyway to disable: microsoft pay/store/photo.exe? I don't use any of these, microsoft content too i'd like to disable. But I only wanna do this if this won't screw with windows update working. I mean I could just rename the folder for some, but unsure if thats the smartest...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. -disable-dwm-composition

2. win 10 desktop composition