Windows 10: anyway to change the names of apps pinned to start menu

Discus and support anyway to change the names of apps pinned to start menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Windows 10 out of the Edge Browser allows almost anything to be pinned to Start Menu which is great but many of the names are too long, so once again,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by tcman50, Aug 12, 2015.

1. tcman50 Win User

anyway to change the names of apps pinned to start menu

Windows 10 out of the Edge Browser allows almost anything to be pinned to Start Menu which is great but many of the names are too long, so once again, can names of apps be changed that are pinned to start menu?

Thanks
    TC

:)

tcman50, Aug 12, 2015

2. Unable to open Windows apps on clicking the Start menu in Windows 10.

Hi Johnathan,

Thank you for the updates.

Let's try to manually pin the apps to the start menu and check if it helps.

• Open Start menu.
    • Type the name of the app which you want to pin to start.
    • Right click on that app and click on Pin this app to Start.

Let us know the results.

Sahil Bali, Aug 12, 2015
  3. Darshan J Win User
    My Computer and Control Panel have (1) next to them after update

Hi Daniel,

There is no option to rename Apps on the Start menu, you can change the size and pattern of the tiles but not the name. Let’s try to unpin the icons from start menu and Pin them again to start menu.

Method 1:

To unpin app from the start menu. To unpin follow the steps below.

• Open Start screen, Select the My computer.
    • Right click on the My computer icon.
    • From the options, select Unpin from start.
    • Once you have unpinned my computer and control panel from start menu, pin them again to start menu again and check if it helps. To pin the icon to start menu follow the steps below.
    • Right click on My computer icon.
    • From the options, select pin to start.
    Note: Repeat the above steps for control panel icon.

Method 2:

• Right click on the control panel Icon on start menu, select more and click on open file location.
    • Select control panel icon, right click on it and select rename and change the name.
    • Once the name is changed right click on control panel icon and select pin to start option.

Note: Repeat the above steps for My PC or My computer icon.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Darshan J, Aug 12, 2015
  4. Edwin New Member

You would have to create a shortcut of the item first, rename the shortcut, then pin that to the Start Menu.

anyway to change the names of apps pinned to start menu [​IMG]

Edwin, Aug 12, 2015
Thema:

1. anyway to change the names of apps pinned to start menu - Similar Threads - anyway change names

2. Xbox no longer on start menu>pinned apps ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox no longer on start menu>pinned apps ?: I install windows 11 and i can't see xbox on start menu. It was always pinned before. Did they changed that? or is it bug https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-no-longer-on-start-menupinned-apps/35dea4d8-4cb7-439a-8f21-b62fba3785a5
  3. windows11 start menu pinned apps abnormal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows11 start menu pinned apps abnormal: I install a new win11 OS, but the start menu show abnormal ,some apps move to de second page, and i click the blank icon it will launch tips app. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows11-start-menu-pinned-apps-abnormal/598cea0f-1861-471f-8b36-88628ceea057
  4. Unknown garbled app name in start menu pinned

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unknown garbled app name in start menu pinned: This few days my computer seems like some of my app name turns to some unknown name and it can't work while i click it, and i always forgot what app i pinned there. [ATTACH] later from the name i found the parts of the app name "magicISO" from that garbled name i'd...
  5. Start Menu Files pinned to the Apps listed

Start Menu Files pinned to the Apps listed: In my search window, the only files that show up when I right-click one of the APP icons are OneDrive files. In earlier versions of WIN10 I could also see the local files I had opened with those apps. How do I restore that? Thanks!...
  6. Does Anyway To Change Start Menu Single Folder Icon Color?

Does Anyway To Change Start Menu Single Folder Icon Color?: Hello everyone. I wanna change single folder color on the start menu. Not all of them. For example check this screenshot i made it. Thanks. [img] 17079
  7. How to pin app in start menu ??

How to pin app in start menu ??: How to pin app in start menu ? ? I mean I dont want to pin app in start. I want to pin app in start menu like windows 7. Is it possible ? ? I search in setting but i cant fnd any option. Is thr any 3rd party software to do this ? ? 82320
  8. Can't pin apps to start-menu.

Can't pin apps to start-menu.: Is this really a limitation for win10? Obviously apps can be pinned as tiles, but it's impossible to pin them to the left area? *Huh It seems that only a select list of folders can be pinned there, but not apps, or any personal folders. You're stuck with some automated...
  9. Problem pinning apps to the start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem pinning apps to the start menu: I posted this on the MS support forum . Can't pin programs to the Start Menu in Windows 10, unless they are present in the "All apps" menu. Neither by drag & drop, nor by right-clicking and selecting "Pin To Start". Received this reply.. wonderded if it was a known...
  10. Changing Names on Start Menu tiles

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing Names on Start Menu tiles: I have searched all over for a simple method of changing the names on start menu tiles, especially the ones relating to websites etc. Isn't it possible for Microsoft to come up with a simple "right-click on tile" solution which would allow you to change the properties of the...