Windows 10: Anyway to hide Audio devices without disabling/disconnecting them? I don't use the RTX...

Discus and support Anyway to hide Audio devices without disabling/disconnecting them? I don't use the RTX... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/lazyalam [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ihdi6w/anyway_to_hide_audio_devices_without/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/lazyalam, Aug 26, 2020.

1. Anyway to hide Audio devices without disabling/disconnecting them? I don't use the RTX...

/u/lazyalam, Aug 26, 2020

2. Device Manager Un-Hiding Hidden Devices

When you connect a plug and play device, Windows Plug and Play manager detects it, finds and installs the driver. Device Manager lists the device with a solid icon.

The driver is only removed when you uninstall the device, not simply by disconnecting the device. When the device is disconnected, its driver is still installed. By default, Device Manager only displays connected devices. When you show hidden devices, note the Bluetooth icon you see is semi-transparent (not opaque). That indicates a "non-present" device. Sometimes also called a "ghost" device. The driver is still installed but the device is not currently detected (i.e. not connected).

Device can be disconnected when
    • Device unplugged (e.g. removing a USB device)
    • Turning a device OFF
    • Disabling the device in BIOS (then windows won't detect it) or
    • Device failure

So
    • Check BIOS as suggested
    • Check board connections
    • Can b/t be turned off by a switch? or keyboard combination?
    Also possible the b/t h/w failed

ComputerGeek, Aug 26, 2020
  3. Valeriu Win User
    Dolby advanced audio v2 (Windows 10 don-t work)

Hello guys!I have a problem with advanced audio v2 on windows 10 don-t work
    Anyway to hide Audio devices without disabling/disconnecting them? I don't use the RTX... [​IMG]

Valeriu, Aug 26, 2020
  4. PGmath Win User

Anyway to hide Audio devices without disabling/disconnecting them? I don't use the RTX...

How to add back disabled audio devices?

By default it seems that control panel hides disabled audio devices in the Sound menu. To fix this right-click anywhere in the list of devices and choose Show Disconnected Devices

Anyway to hide Audio devices without disabling/disconnecting them? I don't use the RTX... J4SNZ.png

Now the disabled devices should show up allowing you to right-click and enable them.

PGmath, Aug 26, 2020
Thema:

Anyway to hide Audio devices without disabling/disconnecting them? I don't use the RTX...

1. Anyway to hide Audio devices without disabling/disconnecting them? I don't use the RTX... - Similar Threads - Anyway hide Audio

2. BT Audio devices do not show up as audio devices. Can't use them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BT Audio devices do not show up as audio devices. Can't use them: I have 3 different BT headsets/budsThey will connect via BT, but will never show up in my choices for audio. I have updated all device drivers says they have the latest driversI have run an SFC scanI have run Scan now.I have disabled BT and re enabled.I have run the...
  3. BT Audio devices do not show up as audio devices. Can't use them

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BT Audio devices do not show up as audio devices. Can't use them: I have 3 different BT headsets/budsThey will connect via BT, but will never show up in my choices for audio. I have updated all device drivers says they have the latest driversI have run an SFC scanI have run Scan now.I have disabled BT and re enabled.I have run the...
  4. How do I disconnect a bluetooth device without disconnecting it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I disconnect a bluetooth device without disconnecting it?: I have a bluetooth speaker I wanna pair it with my phone, but I have to disconnect it from my computer to show up, but I wanna keep it on my computer for later use, so instead of removing the device from my computer’s bluetooth, how do I disconnect it or unpair it? (My...
  5. How do I hide disconnected devices nonpresent_devices in Device Manager???

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I hide disconnected devices nonpresent_devices in Device Manager???: I used this command in CMD elevated: set DEVMGR_SHOW_NONPRESENT_DEVICES=1 to show disconnected devices, but even after restart they are still showing! I want to hide them again! But how? I tried this command without success: set DEVMGR_SHOW_NONPRESENT_DEVICES= Also I...
  6. Hide disconnected devices in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hide disconnected devices in Device Manager: I used this command to show disconnected devices: SET DEVMGR_SHOW_NONPRESENT_DEVICES=1 But then I wanted to hide them, so I entered: SET DEVMGR_SHOW_NONPRESENT_DEVICES=0 But it still shows disconnected devices! (When I click view/show hidden devices). Problem is even normally...
  7. Hide disconnected devices in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Support
    Hide disconnected devices in Device Manager: I used this command to show disconnected devices: SET DEVMGR_SHOW_NONPRESENT_DEVICES=1 But then I wanted to hide them, so I entered: SET DEVMGR_SHOW_NONPRESENT_DEVICES=0 But it still shows disconnected devices! (When I click view/show hidden devices). Problem is even normally...
  8. Turn on bitlocker without TPM - I don't have, but I anyway don't need a TPM - I want to...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Turn on bitlocker without TPM - I don't have, but I anyway don't need a TPM - I want to...: I have Windows 20H2. I'm unable to turn on the Bitlocker drive encryption. It's insisting that TPM must be turned on. I don't have but anyway I don't need TPM. I want as my other computers are configured to have a startup password for the drive. I changed the "Require...
  9. Sound devices don't stay disabled? Any good way to permanently disable them?

Sound devices don't stay disabled? Any good way to permanently disable them?: I have speakers on my monitor that I don't want and don't ever want to use, but have no way of physically detaching them because they are on the monitor. For whatever reason, Windows occasionally randomly switches from SB AE-9 sound to the monitor sound. One reason is if I'm...
  10. How do I hide audio devices without disabling them?

How do I hide audio devices without disabling them?: I'm using a Virtual Audio driver to playback my Spotify to an Audio Visualizer on Wallpaper Engine, but I don't plan on actually using the audio device. Is there a way to hide it WITHOUT disabling it? submitted by /u/SoLaRstrix86 [link] [comments]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. playback devices disable unplagged devices