Windows 10: Anyway to make notification sound for texts come out headphones instead of mobile phone...

Discus and support Anyway to make notification sound for texts come out headphones instead of mobile phone... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; While playing games with my headset on, if someone texts me the notification sound comes from my phone and since I'm in a full screen app I do not see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TechGuyNC, Feb 23, 2024.

1. TechGuyNC Win User

Anyway to make notification sound for texts come out headphones instead of mobile phone...

While playing games with my headset on, if someone texts me the notification sound comes from my phone and since I'm in a full screen app I do not see any notification about the text so I miss the texts. I would like to have the notification sound come from both the phone AND phone link speaker source if possible. If I have to change where the sound plays, then that would be okay, I would just have to remember to set it to the play out the computer while I'm on it and remember to turn it back to the phone when I stop playing a game.I like being able to answer a call on my headset and mic but w

:)

TechGuyNC, Feb 23, 2024

2. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Feb 23, 2024
  3. Text Message Notification Sound

The "text notification" only plays if you are not actively looking at that conversation. The "alternate notification" (ding!) plays when a message is added to the conversation that is currently being viewed.

Here is an example:

• Your phone is in your pocket and the screen is off
    • Your phone makes the "text notification" sound.
    • You pick up your phone, activate the screen, pull down the action bar, and touch your new message
    • You are now inside the messaging interface, viewing the message.
    • IF you stay on this screen, all subsequent messages to this conversation will result only in the "alternate notification" (ding!) sound
    • If you leave this screen (another app, or the home screen) your "text notification" sound will play
    This behavior cannot be altered in the current version of the software. My suggestion is to either simply read your messages from the notification area and swipe them away, or else read your messages from the app and then return to the home screen.

AlbuquerqueFX, Feb 23, 2024
  4. Anyway to make notification sound for texts come out headphones instead of mobile phone...

Headphones are plugged in, but the sound doesn't come through.

Hi,

Please follow the below mentioned steps to set the Headphone as the default device:

Open Control Panel and select Sound.

When the Sound dialog appears click the Playback tab.

Verify if the Headphone is listed and the right sound card listed under playback devices.

If so, right click the Headphone device and click on default playback device.

If they are not listed, Right click on the blank space and click on show disabled device.

If the Headphone gets listed,

Right click the “Headphone” select “Enable”. Right click the “Headphone” again and select “Set as default device” from the same list.

Click “Ok”. Now remove and reconnect the Headphone and check.

Let me know if that helps.

Kind Regards,

Engr. Jamshed Muhammad

JamshedMuhammad Khan, Feb 23, 2024
Thema:

Anyway to make notification sound for texts come out headphones instead of mobile phone...

1. Anyway to make notification sound for texts come out headphones instead of mobile phone... - Similar Threads - Anyway notification sound

2. Sound Coming From Speakers Instead of Headphones

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound Coming From Speakers Instead of Headphones: Hi there,I've seen the related topics but none of them is similar to my issue.I'm using my headphones on my Surface Pro 4. My headphones were working properly but all of a sudden for no reason they stopped working and the sound is playing through main speakers instead. As you...
  3. Sound Coming From Speakers Instead of Headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound Coming From Speakers Instead of Headphones: Hi there,I've seen the related topics but none of them is similar to my issue.I'm using my headphones on my Surface Pro 4. My headphones were working properly but all of a sudden for no reason they stopped working and the sound is playing through main speakers instead. As you...
  4. Sound Coming From Speakers Instead of Headphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Anyway to make notification sound for texts come out headphones instead of mobile phone...

Anyway to make notification sound for texts come out headphones instead of mobile phone...: While playing games with my headset on, if someone texts me the notification sound comes from my phone and since I'm in a full screen app I do not see any notification about the text so I miss the texts. I would like to have the notification sound come from both the phone AND...
  6. Make sound from right headphone come out of left and vice versa

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Make sound from right headphone come out of left and vice versa: For a couple months now I have been wearing my headphones backwards because my computer is on the right side of me, and the port to plug in my headphone goes in the right headphone. It is hard to listen to most stuff and play competitive games where I need to know which side...
  7. sound coming out of headphones and not speakers.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sound coming out of headphones and not speakers.: I recently bought Bluetooth headphones, and they worked just fine as did everything. yesterday, seemingly spontaneously, I couldn't get sound to come out of my laptop's speakers. I have three sound devices, speakers, headphones, and headphones hands free audio. The...
  8. sound coming out of headphones and not speakers.

sound coming out of headphones and not speakers.: I recently bought Bluetooth headphones, and they worked just fine as did everything. yesterday, seemingly spontaneously, I couldn't get sound to come out of my laptop's speakers. I have three sound devices, speakers, headphones, and headphones hands free audio. The...
  9. Sound Coming out of Headphones and Internal Speakers

Sound Coming out of Headphones and Internal Speakers: Use Windows 10 PC (Version 10.0.19041 Build 19041) and a pair of HC Gamerlife Headphones (ASIN: B07BHYZFLF). They have been working fine, but recently (within the last day or so) any audio I play on the computer comes out through both the headphones and the computer's...
  10. There is no sound coming out of my headphones

There is no sound coming out of my headphones: My speakers are working but my headphones do not seem to have sound playing through. It used to play sound just an hour ago but all of a sudden the sound stopped working...