Windows 10: Anyway to prevent all apps on a multi display computer to move to primary display when...

Discus and support Anyway to prevent all apps on a multi display computer to move to primary display when... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I do not want to have my screens on all the time. Sometimes I like to go for some walks or swimming and leave my computer idle for some time. Every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Ethosik, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Anyway to prevent all apps on a multi display computer to move to primary display when...

I do not want to have my screens on all the time. Sometimes I like to go for some walks or swimming and leave my computer idle for some time. Every time when I wake the computer, all my apps move to the primary display, so I have to move the programs back to the secondary one.

Is there a way to prevent this? I have the latest version of Windows 10 and latest updates. I have the AMD 5700XT graphics card if that makes a difference.

submitted by /u/Ethosik
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Ethosik, Sep 15, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Windows 10 Login Screen not respecting primary display. Identity Issues?

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows +X.

• Select Control panel.

• Click on Display.

• Select Change display settings at top left corner.

• Click on Identify then you will be able to check the primary display.
    Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Sep 15, 2020
  3. How do I make games open on the primary display?

I have 3 monitors on a nvidia GTX660Ti, with the latest drivers, on windows 10, upgraded from win7, on a PC that I have been gaming on for quite some time now. The hardware itself has been an excellent gaming rig up until the windows upgrade and/or the
    nvidia driver upgrade, but now a number of my games will not start on the primary display, they start on the first display in the list, which is not marked as primary. Both the windows display settings and the nvidia control panel have my central monitor
    identified as the primary display.

• Has anybody encountered this behavior?
    • Is it likely to be windows 10 related or decided by the nvidia driver?
    • Any suggestions on getting this to behave properly, like it used to, without requiring me to disable the other displays to get the primary to be used?

Les Ferguson, Sep 15, 2020
  4. Anyway to prevent all apps on a multi display computer to move to primary display when...

No display on monitor when TV set as primary display

Issue solved

Removed DVI/HDMI cable from computer and monitor

Step 1: Check if the VGA monitor cable is defective.

1. Turn off computer
    2. Connect the monitor VGA cable from the monitor to the VGA port on the computer
    3. Turn on computer, VGA monitor cable is good.

Step 2: Tun off computer
    1. Connect HDMI Cable to HDMI port and TV
    2. Turn on computer and TV, there is no monitor black screen
    3. Click on the Windows logo, select the Settings icon , and then select

System. Under Display there are two squares, labeled 1 and 2

D Click on Advanced Display Settings:

Display information: Display 1- Monitor Display 2 -TV

E Right-click the Speakers icon in
      the taskbar, select Sound, click on Playback devices,

a s tv screen with my brand shows
      AMD High Definition Audio Device ready.

F. Problem solved

Cause of the problem: Defective VGA port on the Syba VGA HD15+ 3.5 Audio to HDMI converter

Rooben Kajima, Sep 15, 2020
Thema:

Anyway to prevent all apps on a multi display computer to move to primary display when...

1. Anyway to prevent all apps on a multi display computer to move to primary display when... - Similar Threads - Anyway prevent apps

2. Multi Display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multi Display: How can i make screens 1 + 2 extended but have screen 3 mirror screen 1?Screen three is in another room. I want it to be able to display my main desktop so i can see notifications.The other two screens should function as side-by-side screens....
  3. Multi Display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multi Display: How can i make screens 1 + 2 extended but have screen 3 mirror screen 1?Screen three is in another room. I want it to be able to display my main desktop so i can see notifications.The other two screens should function as side-by-side screens....
  4. Multi Display

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Multi-display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multi-display: So this is very embarassing to me, I've tried multiple possibilities to be able to work on 2 monitors which are the same, 2 Optix G24C from msi. Here's the thing, it simply doesn't get detected. while connected properly together. Monitor 1 is connected to computer and works...
  6. Multi-display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multi-display: So this is very embarassing to me, I've tried multiple possibilities to be able to work on 2 monitors which are the same, 2 Optix G24C from msi. Here's the thing, it simply doesn't get detected. while connected properly together. Monitor 1 is connected to computer and works...
  7. Can you prevent display port secondary monitor moving to primary?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can you prevent display port secondary monitor moving to primary?: As I understand it there are a number of people suffering with having windows open on secondary monitors moving to the primary when the power is turned off. I've tested it the other way and it doesn't happen, so how can I prevent Windows 10 doing this nonsense without...
  8. Dual monitors, all apps/windows move to primary monitor when display turns off for...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual monitors, all apps/windows move to primary monitor when display turns off for...: submitted by /u/MotorBoats [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hberh1/dual_monitors_all_appswindows_move_to_primary/
  9. multi displays

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    multi displays: I have a graphics card that will take 3 monitos, with the latest drivers installed. Has 2 HDMI 1 Display Port. Main monitor is in display port, 1 other monitor is of course in the HDMI port.. The problem is when I connect the 3rd monitor to the other HDMI port Win 10 goes...
  10. Multi-displays

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multi-displays: How can I keep my computer monitor displaying computer matters, while having the HDMI monitor feed showing other programming like movies https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multi-displays/0d1a2b0d-3fee-4d06-bd7c-83194f232c1e