Windows 10: Anyway to revert from broken update?

Discus and support Anyway to revert from broken update? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; A number of programs no longer starting up upon boot after the most recent update, which means I now have to start them all manually. Another utterly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by bradmonk, Jun 22, 2021.

1. bradmonk Win User

Anyway to revert from broken update?

A number of programs no longer starting up upon boot after the most recent update, which means I now have to start them all manually. Another utterly useless update which just added functionality I have absolutely no need for which was some **** news and weather thing. If i want to know what the weather is, I will look out the window.Is there any way to go back from this **** update? Reinstalling programs is not an option, I would rather install a new operating system as Windows 10 is functionally malware at the moment. I'm pleased now that you'll be concentrating on windows 11 so you can stop

:)

bradmonk, Jun 22, 2021

2. Windows 8 failure configuring updates and reverting

I agree 8 is awful! It's not for me though... I replaced a broken screen in a Win 8 laptop that was given to me and I am going to give it for free to someone that can't afford one so they can do homework at home. Yes I took it from 8 to 8.1 back on 10/09/2014. This is what I posted there...

"Great post! I found a similar one. I would like to point out that you may want to edit your OP...

1. Step 1 should read to disable AUTOMATIC updates, not disable manual updates.

2. KB2871398 should really read KB2871389

I would like to say that KB2917499 may also be needed as it was in my case. I also had to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter after installing those 2 updates. After these steps I was able to begin my 8.1 download from the Microsoft store. I don't know if it made a difference or not, but I also went into the Bios and disabled "Secure Boot."

It was a helpful post. Thanks!

BlackHawk1, Jun 22, 2021
  3. alone Win User
    Display langage reverted back

I followed the suggested actions: everything OK from step 1. and I attach as requested the output for step 2.

Anyway to revert from broken update? [​IMG]

for convenience I attach the google translation

Anyway to revert from broken update? [​IMG]

I'm ready to act following suggestions (if any) before...going through the restore (please don't misunderstand, I'm not looking forward doing it).

I appreciate in any case your help

alone, Jun 22, 2021
  4. Pipps Win User

Is my graphics card broken?

UPDATE: Please see here.

I have a Sapphire HD 4830.

When I boot into XP all is initially fine and I am able to see the desktop.

However, when I click on the start bar and navigate a few steps, I receive an immediate white screen of death and a total irrecoverable lock-up.

I am confused about what this could mean and I would be grateful for any suggestions on the best course of action to test and repair the problem.

Does this sort of issue suggest that the graphics card is irretrievably broken?

Pipps, Jun 22, 2021
Thema:

1. Anyway to revert from broken update? - Similar Threads - Anyway revert broken

2. Windows update reverting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update reverting: There's an update that keeps reverting post installation process...Is there a way to find which update is reverting Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-reverting/42722fe3-abee-443f-825d-1f93798e3ab0
  3. Windows update reverting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update reverting: There's an update that keeps reverting post installation process...Is there a way to find which update is reverting Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-reverting/42722fe3-abee-443f-825d-1f93798e3ab0
  4. Windows update reverting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Is updating broken?

Is updating broken?: I have been trying to update for a couple of days.Originally, I got the "Windows Update Failed" error Error code: 0x80070003Tried a few times, and as of right now, my Windows Update page says "You're up to date".However, under history, Feature updates, it says:Feature update...
  6. Update broken

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update broken: Hey all, I have been trying to update my computer (Windows 10) to the newest version in order to be able to download the xbox games pass app. When updating, it verifies everything and begins installation but once it hits 71% every time it suddenly freezes my entire PC. I...
  7. Is there anyway to stop the update to be mandatory?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there anyway to stop the update to be mandatory?: The latest update cause for the most of my apps not to work. submitted by /u/JPysus [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dvi0a7/is_there_anyway_to_stop_the_update_to_be_mandatory/
  8. Revert from 1903

Revert from 1903: Split from this thread. Any way to revert 1903? It criplled my pc and disabled all usb ports and is black screened on login. I literally can do nothing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/revert-from-1903/a7418134-29c7-4642-bcde-ec38c598578c
  9. Has anyone reverted back from April Update.

in Windows 10 Support
    Has anyone reverted back from April Update.: I'm asking since I'm thinking about doing it since I want to go back since there are a few bug issues I don't like. 109479
  10. Anyway I can revert changes of msconfig via another computer

in Windows 10 Support
    Anyway I can revert changes of msconfig via another computer: so today my computer got corrupted but before the corruption I already configured my computer to restart on safe mode with networking via msconfig but now safe mode doesn't work but normal one work's but how to run my os without safemode Important Points I have tried all...