Windows 10: Anyway to send messages via the Notification function

Discus and support Anyway to send messages via the Notification function in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi folks Some Ms applications use the Notifications for informing the user about events that have happend - e.g restart required, or Outlook notifying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jimbo45, Aug 22, 2020.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Anyway to send messages via the Notification function

Hi folks

Some Ms applications use the Notifications for informing the user about events that have happend - e.g restart required, or Outlook notifying when emails arrive etc so presumably there must be an API call somewhere.

Is this "User accessible" as I could find several uses for issuing notifications --e.g after background scheduled backup has run, a background VM has re-started or all sorts of things. It could be included in scripts after batch jobs have finished etc.

Anybody ??

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Aug 22, 2020

2. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Aug 22, 2020
  3. bogmali Win User
    Private Message Notifications

Not a bad feature suggestion as it saves you time getting to the gist of the message. EVGA, Anandtech, and OCN has the feature on their site.

bogmali, Aug 22, 2020
  4. Anyway to send messages via the Notification function

Viber - No notifications for incoming messages

Viber does not send notifications for incoming messages.

I have to open the app to check if any messages have arrived.

The application is not listed in the "notifications+actions" list either.

Pantelis Karamolegkos, Aug 22, 2020
Thema:

Anyway to send messages via the Notification function

1. Anyway to send messages via the Notification function - Similar Threads - Anyway send messages

2. When replying to a notification message, how to send by pressing the Enter key?

in Windows 10 Customization
    When replying to a notification message, how to send by pressing the Enter key?: I get notifications from apps like WhatsApp of Phone Link. The notification allows me to reply to the message in the notification itself, which is great for quick messages.Since I will type a quick message, I would like to send the message when I press the Enter key, but the...
  3. How do i send a message to friends in class via powershell?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i send a message to friends in class via powershell?: So i found out that powershell was unblocked at our school and im wondering how i can send a msg with like a message box to my friends https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-send-a-message-to-friends-in-class-via/48bde8a5-283c-4b47-ae6d-2cc15178e762
  4. How do i send a message to friends in class via powershell?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i send a message to friends in class via powershell?: So i found out that powershell was unblocked at our school and im wondering how i can send a msg with like a message box to my friends https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-send-a-message-to-friends-in-class-via/48bde8a5-283c-4b47-ae6d-2cc15178e762
  5. How do i send a message to friends in class via powershell?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Windows Phone Link - Messages Send Notification not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Phone Link - Messages Send Notification not working: Hello,I have successfully paired my Windows 10 machine with my Samsung S22. All notifications are enabled, both on the Windows 10 end and the S22 Link to Windows app end. Notifications for the app in general settings are also enabled.However, in the Windows Phone Link app,...
  7. Windows Phone Link - Messages Send Notification not working

Windows Phone Link - Messages Send Notification not working: Hello,I have successfully paired my Windows 10 machine with my Samsung S22. All notifications are enabled, both on the Windows 10 end and the S22 Link to Windows app end. Notifications for the app in general settings are also enabled.However, in the Windows Phone Link app,...
  8. Send message

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Send message: Hi, can windows 10 pro send message like in windows XP using net send? I read from the forum that we can send message using command prompt msg * /server:servername "text". But when i try that there's error "5 error getting names" i already change...
  9. Firefox not sending notifications

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Firefox not sending notifications: Firefox is not sending notifications to Windows 10 Action Center, even though I have them enabled both through Windows 10 & Firefox. I have set permissions to allow for notifications, and I have them turned on through Windows 10 however I cannot get any thing to notify me....
  10. Anyway to remove Connect and Messaging?

Anyway to remove Connect and Messaging?: After removing several apps and reading numerous tutorials and threads I can't find out how to remove Connect and Messaging. I did a PowerShell dump and did not find Connect or Messaging. I'd like to remove both from my Start Menu. OS Build 16299.125 Anyone have a script...