Windows 10: Anyway to show actual space from drives?

Discus and support Anyway to show actual space from drives? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So, as you can see in the screen shot below, I have 3 map network drives. . The 2 i have questions about is Dropbox and OneDrive. I mapped networked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RainbowPride, Dec 15, 2019.

1. Anyway to show actual space from drives?

So, as you can see in the screen shot below, I have 3 map network drives. . The 2 i have questions about is Dropbox and OneDrive. I mapped networked them. Is there any possible way I could make them show exactly how much space I have left from those, instead of it giving me the space left from my actual hard drive?

Anyway to show actual space from drives? [​IMG]

:)

RainbowPride, Dec 15, 2019

2. Lost space of Pen Drive

Hello,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

• Have you tried connecting to a different computer?
    I suggest you to connect the USB flash drive to a different computer and check.

First back up all the data from your USB drive to another location.

I suggest you to connect the USB flash drive to a different computer and check.

Let us try the following steps, and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to refresh the drive letter and then try to rescan the drives that are connect to the computer and check.

To refresh drive letter:

• Open Computer Management (Local).
    • In the console tree, click Computer Management (Local), click
      Storage, and then click Disk Management.
    • Click Action, and then click Refresh.
    • Once you have refreshed connect the new zip drive and to update hardware information, click Rescan Disks instead.
    Step 2: For unallocated space on USB drive

• Press the Windows key, and type Diskpart.

• Click the result to open the DiskPart command prompt window.

• In the command prompt window, type list disk and hit Enter.

• The removable USB drive or hard disk will be shown under
      Disk 1.

• Type in the following commands and hit Enter.
    select disk 1

Clean

create partition primary

• The first command selects your removable USB drive.

• The Clean command deletes all the current partitions present on the USB drive.

• The Create primary partition creates a fresh partition and allocates all the unallocated space on this fresh partition.

• Type Exit to close the command prompt window.

• Unplug your USB drive and plug it back again.

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Dec 15, 2019
  3. Help! Data partition not showing under my computer

This is happening on a windows 2000 server. Our second partition of the system, for data is not showing under my computer. Here are the properties of it in disk management:

Anyway to show actual space from drives? partition.jpg

Now under logical drives its listed as F and shows free space available.

Suggestions on how to fix this?

Hybrid_theory, Dec 15, 2019
  4. Anyway to show actual space from drives?

Discrepancy between 'Used Space' on C drive and total of actual folders/files

According to 'Properties' in Windows Explorer, my C drive (one of four partitions on my primary drive) has 296GB 'Used Space' and 272GB 'Free Space', giving a total partition size of 568GB. However, if I add up the total space occupied by all the folders
    and files on C drive that are listed in Windows Explorer they come to roughly 44GB. (The largest folder is Windows (19.5GB), followed by Users (9GB) and Program Files (5.8GB). The rest of the folders are smaller than this.). Nearly all my applications, data,
    photos, videos, backups etc are on the other three partitions on the primary hard drive or on a secondary internal hard drive.

Can anyone suggest what accounts for the HUGE discrepancy between the reported 'Used Space' and the total of the actual folders/files? I first noticed this when backing up my C drive using Acronis TrueImage, which yields a back up file of 218GB - presumably
    the 296GB with some compression. A few months back I recall that the Acronis backup files were sized at around 60-70GB, so there's something funny going on! If there is some giant folder or file that is lurking on my C drive, what could it be and why isn't
    it showing up in Windows Explorer?

Peter Brigg, Dec 15, 2019
Thema:

Anyway to show actual space from drives?

1. Anyway to show actual space from drives? - Similar Threads - Anyway show actual

2. Storage size of C Drive not matching actual storage space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage size of C Drive not matching actual storage space: I extended my C Drive from 235 GB to ~476 GB using Disk Management; however, most things are still showing 235 GB and I am still limited by that smaller size storage space. The SSD inside should be a 512. I am using a new Lenovo ThinkBookI have run Disk Optimization, a BIOS...
  3. Storage size of C Drive not matching actual storage space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Storage size of C Drive not matching actual storage space: I extended my C Drive from 235 GB to ~476 GB using Disk Management; however, most things are still showing 235 GB and I am still limited by that smaller size storage space. The SSD inside should be a 512. I am using a new Lenovo ThinkBookI have run Disk Optimization, a BIOS...
  4. Drive showing less space than actually available

Drive showing less space than actually available: My drive is 250GB, but only shows as 150GB. I know there is more as i have had it, just booting one day it vanishes. When I try to shrink what is left, i get invalid parameter error. Hope screenshots help with what I mean...
  5. Drive showing less space than actually available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive showing less space than actually available: My drive is 250GB, but only shows as 150GB. I know there is more as i have had it, just booting one day it vanishes. When I try to shrink what is left, i get invalid parameter error. Hope screenshots help with what I mean...
  6. Used space of drive is more than actual usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Used space of drive is more than actual usage: I am facing the low free space of my C drive, But I can't find what actually consumes the free space. All tools I used to stat the space report me that there is only 51G used but the drive properties says that I have used 95G space.I have disable the system restore, page file...
  7. Used space of drive is more than actual usage

Used space of drive is more than actual usage: I am facing the low free space of my C drive, But I can't find what actually consumes the free space. All tools I used to stat the space report me that there is only 51G used but the drive properties says that I have used 95G space.I have disable the system restore, page file...
  8. Used space of drive is more than actual usage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Storage spaces showing more used than actual

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Storage spaces showing more used than actual: I am working on tearing down my storage space because it wouldn't allow me to add more drives. Currently I have removed files from it yet it still shows full capacity. SS says using 55.8 TB file explorer shows only 44.2 TB used. How do I resolve this? submitted by...
  10. Storage shows more space than it actually has

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage shows more space than it actually has: My Windows 10 partition C: actually has 49.2GB and the Recovery 1.26GB, so together 50.46GB. But, the Storage says, it has 233GB and 224GB as used. I've no idea, from where Storage gets such info. Does anyone know, how to correct this? Thanks!...