Windows 10: Anyway to stop the annoying startup message?

Discus and support Anyway to stop the annoying startup message? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; For the past few months I have been annoyed on all of my PC's by the occasional message on startup asking if I want to explore more features of windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by davefaz, Jul 3, 2020.

1. davefaz Win User

Anyway to stop the annoying startup message?

For the past few months I have been annoyed on all of my PC's by the occasional message on startup asking if I want to explore more features of windows - OneDrive and Office and such. The problem is that it just sits there until I respond BUT some of the PC's power up remotely so the ridiculous message stops the PC doing what it is supposed to do. I think it does it whenever idiot Microsoft installs new updates. But no matter how I try I can not stop the messages. I have tried the fixes suggested on the web and tried the registry fix too, nothing works. The more Microsoft do this the more they just annoy me. Isn't there some way to inhibit this rubbish?

:)

davefaz, Jul 3, 2020
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Jul 3, 2020
  3. Message on Startup in Windows 10

Hi Mark,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to ask some questions.

• From when are you facing this issue?
    • Did you make any changes to the computer before this error occurred?

I suggest you to perform a Startup Repair by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• In the lock screen, Press the Shift key and click on power icon.
    • Click on Restart anyway.
    • After the system goes to the recovery environment, click on Troubleshoot>Advanced Options>Startup repair.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert with necessary information to further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 3, 2020
  4. Joro Win User

File Explorer stopped refreshing

Thanks for the suggestion, Spunk. That sounds a bit drastic for the issue, but when it becomes annoying enough to justify, and when I have the time and patience to try it, it may be the next step.

Joro, Jul 3, 2020
Thema:

1. Anyway to stop the annoying startup message? - Similar Threads - Anyway stop annoying

2. How to remove this annoying message?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove this annoying message?: Dear Folks, I have the following annoying message that pops up every 5 minutes, literally. This message is irritating, specially when doing conferences or calls. Does anyone know how to get rid of this?Warm Regards, Francis...
  3. Annoying Windows Mail message

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Annoying Windows Mail message: How do I remove this nagging message? It won't go away. Ironically, I already have Gmail on my phone. https://imgur.com/vYX7yw2 submitted by /u/suberb_lobster [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dzzmhr/annoying_windows_mail_message/
  4. Is there anyway to stop the update to be mandatory?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there anyway to stop the update to be mandatory?: The latest update cause for the most of my apps not to work. submitted by /u/JPysus [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dvi0a7/is_there_anyway_to_stop_the_update_to_be_mandatory/
  5. Annoying message

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Annoying message: Annoying message pops up...can't get it deleted.....asking for pass word (that isn't going to happen). Tried shutting off the computer....still came back. Would appreciate help to remove. Thank you...
  6. stop annoying dialog about mcafee on startup/login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    stop annoying dialog about mcafee on startup/login: Since the last program update to McAfee, every time I log in to my computer I get an annoying dialog box about "Windows cannot find 'C:\program files\WindowsApps\5A894077.McAfeeSecurity_1.4.3.0_x64_wa...\McAfeeSecurityStartup.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly and...
  7. Windows Defender annoying message!!!!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender annoying message!!!!: "This app has been turned off and isn't monitoring your computer" Appears at every reboot. How do I turn off this f*@king message? I've uninstalled Avira and now have only MSE running which according to MS is now called/migrated to Windows Defender and built in to...
  8. Annoying Message

in Browsers and Email
    Annoying Message: Hello, Every time I decide I want to go to another web page on the same site or to other sites, I get this annoying message from windows IE that asks: "Are you sure you want to leave this page". I would like to get rid of it. Is there a solution? 55371
  9. Annoying message- Outlook

in Browsers and Email
    Annoying message- Outlook: Hi I was wondering if anyone could assist me in getting rid of this annoying pop up from (purportedly) Outlook? You can see in the attached .jpg the pop up, and every time you click "OK" it simply pops up again. The password is correct and I know this because I am still able...
  10. Anyway to remove Connect and Messaging?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Anyway to remove Connect and Messaging?: After removing several apps and reading numerous tutorials and threads I can't find out how to remove Connect and Messaging. I did a PowerShell dump and did not find Connect or Messaging. I'd like to remove both from my Start Menu. OS Build 16299.125 Anyone have a script...