Windows 10: AOC 2436Pwa LCD Monitor doesnt work after upgrade to Windows10

Discus and support AOC 2436Pwa LCD Monitor doesnt work after upgrade to Windows10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi I've had this good old (personal) HP Envy 1050ea laptop (Product No: WN967EA#ABU and Serial No: CNU0371TZN) for many moons and has been working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by javz21, Nov 12, 2019.

1. javz21 Win User

AOC 2436Pwa LCD Monitor doesnt work after upgrade to Windows10

Hi

I've had this good old (personal) HP Envy 1050ea laptop (Product No: WN967EA#ABU and Serial No: CNU0371TZN) for many moons and has been working perfectly fine up until now. I've recently upgraded it from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Home edition and now cannot get the external AOC 2436Pwa LCD monitor to work with this laptop. So before the upgrade or when I was on Windows 7, I could easily extend my display to this external AOC monitor with a VGA cable but post upgrade it doesn't even recognise the external AOC monitor (even after its connected).

I remember upgrading to Windows 10 a while ago when it was made first made freely available by Microsoft and rolled back then too as it didn't identify this external AOC monitor. Unfortunately its still the case and I'm at a massive loss here for not able to connect to this external display.

Strangely, I've a (work) Dell Latitude 5480 laptop on Windows 10 which connects fine to the external AOC monitor with a VGA cable. A friend suggested that if there's anyway of me getting the display drivers off this Dell laptop and installing it on my HP Envy Laptop? Not sure if this would work? But then slowly running out of options now as even AOC doesn't have drivers for this good 24" Full HD Monitor! And I feel gutted as my work laptop on Windows10 picks/ identifies this external AOC monitor but my personal laptop on Windows10 doesnt!! So must be a display driver missing from my laptop.

Hoping you'll might be able to advice as I could really do with one. Happy to furnish additional details.

Thanks & Best Regards,

MJS

:)

javz21, Nov 12, 2019

2. AOC e1659Fwu USB monitor not working with Windows 10

Just updating this stream and what worked for me. I got new laptop Win 10 64 Bit. Original AOC 1649FWU driver purchased with monitor would not load. I went to Display Link site, clicked on "Download Drivers" now on top left of screen. Click "I accept" and
    got to Windows Clicked on the generic

DisplayLink USB Graphics Software for Windows
    • Windows 10
    Downloaded driver. Installed it. Plugged in AOC monitor. Everything worked fine. The point here is don't use the specific E1649FWU driver found on the AOC website. Use this generic driver specific for Win 10. Also, if you have the original driver already
    installed on you machine, make sure to run add/remove programs and remove all programs associated with your display link monitor first. I had an old machine that had Win 7 on it. The AOC driver worked fine when I upgraded to Win 10. SO I knew the AOC could
    run on Win 10 64bit, that's when I went hunting and found this page. Make sure, also, that your monitor is not plugged in until AFTER you download and install the driver. Only plug it in after you have completed all steps. Cheers,

Pencil.Neck, Nov 12, 2019
  3. MrsMDD Win User
    Windows upgrade caused AOC monitor to not work correctly

I reverted back to Window 7 tonight; a week of headache trying to get Windows 10 to work. I hope upgrade when a solution is found.

In Windows 7 my monitor is listed as AOC 2436

In Windows 10 it is listed as generic Non-PCP monitor

The upgrade through my whole screen off. We were able to change some icon size displays, but not correct the major issue: The screen would begin to fade to the point it was unreadable. Once you rebooted it would work for a short time before happening
    again.

The monitor appeared to work fine on another computer. AOC said it was in the video graphics card, but I was unable to ever update the NVIDIA Graphics Driver 307.83. If I ran a check it said the driver, etc was updated.

Would appreciate ideas on what might fix this, or even better, could something be adjusted in the upgrade process so this did not happen?

TIA

Denice

MrsMDD, Nov 12, 2019
  4. KevinRoth Win User

AOC e1659Fwu USB monitor not working with Windows 10

I just upgraded to Windows 10 and now my AOC e1659Fwu USB monitor not longer works. I can't find any new drivers at the AOC website and can't find anything about drivers on the Microsoft site. Any ideas?

KevinRoth, Nov 12, 2019
Thema:

1. AOC 2436Pwa LCD Monitor doesnt work after upgrade to Windows10 - Similar Threads - AOC 2436Pwa LCD

2. Monitor doesnt work after restarting with higher hz

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor doesnt work after restarting with higher hz: I just put my hz on my 75hz monitor up to 73hz and everything worked fine but when i tried to reboot the pc it just black screened, i plugged the monitor out and another one in then it worked again but when i plugged the old monitor back in black screen. How do i reset the hz...
  3. Monitor doesnt work after restarting with higher hz

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor doesnt work after restarting with higher hz: I just put my hz on my 75hz monitor up to 73hz and everything worked fine but when i tried to reboot the pc it just black screened, i plugged the monitor out and another one in then it worked again but when i plugged the old monitor back in black screen. How do i reset the hz...
  4. Divergência no Sinal Ativo do Monitor AOC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Divergência no Sinal Ativo do Monitor AOC: Olá, estou tendo problemas com a resolução da tela e gostaria de alguma ajuda sobre o assunto.Minha configuração é a seguinte: No DESKTOP - Resolução nativa 1366x768 Monitor AOC conectado a uma porta USB-C com Resolução ativa 1920x1080.O monitor que uso é o AOC estão usando a...
  5. AOC e1659Fwu USB monitor not working with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    AOC e1659Fwu USB monitor not working with Windows 10: I went to this thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware-winpc/aoc-e1659fwu-usb-monitor-not-working-with-windows/cb326ae9-cf49-4c3e-ba6d-9bc25d593811 Still no luck although that was a lot of outdated info. I just want to get it working...
  6. AOC TFT22W90PSA monitor drivers

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    AOC TFT22W90PSA monitor drivers: hi i've just been given an AOC TFT22W90PSA monitor with no drivers , windows takes it as generic display , now i've been on aoc site and they do not list this model anywhere on their site could anyone help , i'm running windows 10 pro ver. 2004 165257
  7. AOC Monitor Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AOC Monitor Issue: Why does my AOC Monitor flashes a black screen with the AOC name about 13 times before it goes to login. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/aoc-monitor-issue/8d912fd8-16fa-42ef-b5ec-4bb1a0301a44
  8. External Monitor (AOC) Driver has been disconnected after recent Windows 10 Upgrade

External Monitor (AOC) Driver has been disconnected after recent Windows 10 Upgrade: I installed the Windows 10 upgrade last night and have been unable to connect my AOC external monitor to my HP Laptop. This happens almost every time I install an upgrade. It is becoming tedious and incredibly frustrating. Is there a solution to this? Again?...
  9. AOC monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    AOC monitor: I just brought an AOG e2270sw monitor. Is it connected to my pc through HDMI. The problem is the back light too bright in windows, it can't be adjusted. Any help ? 114677
  10. color tuning an AOC monitor

color tuning an AOC monitor: so..I'm trying to tune a new AOC monitor, model E2250Swdn, as when plugged into my laptop I noticed that my taskbar on the new monitor appears to have less blue to it than is presented in the attached image below. looking at the screenshot here that I took on my laptop's...