Windows 10: AOC e1659Fwu USB monitor not working with Windows 10

Discus and support AOC e1659Fwu USB monitor not working with Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I went to this thread:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ThumperThumps, Apr 19, 2021.

1. AOC e1659Fwu USB monitor not working with Windows 10

I went to this thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware-winpc/aoc-e1659fwu-usb-monitor-not-working-with-windows/cb326ae9-cf49-4c3e-ba6d-9bc25d593811

Still no luck although that was a lot of outdated info. I just want to get it working with windows 10 works fine with windows 7

Can you point me to step-by-step instructions on how to get this monitor working with windows 10?

Thanks for your time.

:)

ThumperThumps, Apr 19, 2021
  2. KevinRoth Win User

AOC e1659Fwu USB monitor not working with Windows 10

I just upgraded to Windows 10 and now my AOC e1659Fwu USB monitor not longer works. I can't find any new drivers at the AOC website and can't find anything about drivers on the Microsoft site. Any ideas?

KevinRoth, Apr 19, 2021
  3. AOC e1659Fwu USB monitor not working with Windows 10

I decided to try replacing the 36-inch AOC USB3 cable with a 14-inch USB3 cable which came with my WD Passport HD on the AOC E1659Fwu USB powered monitor.

The AOC E1659Fwu USB powered monitor now plays 1080p movies. I picked the monitor up and turned it upside down while playing a movie and the connection was lost. When I leave it alone on the desktop, it appears to keep running, for almost a day now.

My working theory is the monitor isn't getting enough operating voltage through the longer cable provided with the monitor, and under high activity draws more current which exacerbates the AOC insufficient drive voltage problem. A shorter cable = less drop,
    higher reliability. This seems to match two other cable replacement experiences related in this thread.

I don't know how much current the AOC draws, how much voltage drop there is at my Surface Book USB connector, how much drop through the cable to the AOC monitor.

A much shorter (almost 1/3 the length) USB3 cable does seem to improve the AOC operation with my Surface Book running Windows 10.

Craig-Bothell, Apr 19, 2021
  4. AOC e1659Fwu USB monitor not working with Windows 10

Hi, I had this same problem. I was using the AOC E1659Fwu USB powered monitor on a Windows 8.1 laptop and it worked fine. Later, that laptop crashed and I bought a brand new one with Windows 10 Pro 64. The AOC monitor did not work. I queried AOC and they
    said to uninstall and reinstall the DisplayLink Drivers for Windows 10. I did that and it worked for a just a few minutes until it stopped worked after I walked away from the computer for awhile. I rebooted and got it to run for a few minutes again. The next
    day and every day after for the past month it has not worked. At all. I have done everything AOC asked to no avail.

Like you, I started looking around on on the net and found on a Windows Community board that this is definitely a hardware problem and the simply are not compatible. But.....

I also read that someone ditched the proprietary USB cable that came with the monitor and instead used a basic USB to mini-USB cable. The mini part fits into the larger section in the back of the monitor where the proprietary cable had a larger and smaller
    male end. Just insert the mini-usb male end into the larger portion of the slot in the back of the monitor. I then plugged the regular USB (probably a 1.0 or 2.0 cable not sure) into the laptop and it IMMEDIATELY worked. No hardware issues. Works perfectly
    (For now????)

Charlie1973, Apr 19, 2021
Thema:

1. AOC e1659Fwu USB monitor not working with Windows 10 - Similar Threads - AOC e1659Fwu USB

2. AOC 24G2U/BK stand on other monitors

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    AOC 24G2U/BK stand on other monitors: Hi, I bought 24G2U/BK AOC monitor and mounted it on another type of stand more suitable for my setup. I'm left with AOC original monitor stand, looks great, but I have no use for it so I'm wondering, is there any way to mount other vesa compatible monitors on said stand? I...
  3. Divergência no Sinal Ativo do Monitor AOC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Divergência no Sinal Ativo do Monitor AOC: Olá, estou tendo problemas com a resolução da tela e gostaria de alguma ajuda sobre o assunto.Minha configuração é a seguinte: No DESKTOP - Resolução nativa 1366x768 Monitor AOC conectado a uma porta USB-C com Resolução ativa 1920x1080.O monitor que uso é o AOC estão usando a...
  4. AOC TFT22W90PSA monitor drivers

AOC TFT22W90PSA monitor drivers: hi i've just been given an AOC TFT22W90PSA monitor with no drivers , windows takes it as generic display , now i've been on aoc site and they do not list this model anywhere on their site could anyone help , i'm running windows 10 pro ver. 2004 165257
  5. AOC Monitor Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AOC Monitor Issue: Why does my AOC Monitor flashes a black screen with the AOC name about 13 times before it goes to login. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/aoc-monitor-issue/8d912fd8-16fa-42ef-b5ec-4bb1a0301a44
  6. AOC 2436Pwa LCD Monitor doesnt work after upgrade to Windows10

AOC 2436Pwa LCD Monitor doesnt work after upgrade to Windows10: Hi I've had this good old (personal) HP Envy 1050ea laptop (Product No: WN967EA#ABU and Serial No: CNU0371TZN) for many moons and has been working perfectly fine up until now. I've recently upgraded it from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Home edition and now cannot get the external...
  7. AOC 24" 236LMOO29 Monitor Need Driver

AOC 24" 236LMOO29 Monitor Need Driver: Need driver for AOC 24" 236LMOO29 Monitor. Will not run some games full screen. I already got the video driver no help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/aoc-24-236lmoo29-monitor-need-driver/86809459-4299-43f8-8f87-f5fd0c46ffd8
  8. In windows 10, I plugged in an AOC USB monitor but its just flashing

In windows 10, I plugged in an AOC USB monitor but its just flashing: I have a new Dell Optiplex 3050 desktop and I plugged in a second USB monitor, AOL Model 173LM00001, Product E1759FWU. The monitor is just flashing. I have look for a device and the Windows message is that the device is not detected, hence I cannot upgrade/install a driver....
  9. AOC monitor

AOC monitor: I just brought an AOG e2270sw monitor. Is it connected to my pc through HDMI. The problem is the back light too bright in windows, it can't be adjusted. Any help ? 114677
  10. color tuning an AOC monitor

color tuning an AOC monitor: so..I'm trying to tune a new AOC monitor, model E2250Swdn, as when plugged into my laptop I noticed that my taskbar on the new monitor appears to have less blue to it than is presented in the attached image below. looking at the screenshot here that I took on my laptop's...