Windows 10: AOE 2 crash without error dialog

Discus and support AOE 2 crash without error dialog in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi I've recently built a new system and installed Age of Empires 2 (been playing this game for 13 years). The game crashes as soon as I launch a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Deepak Nag Ayyala, May 18, 2019.

1. AOE 2 crash without error dialog

Hi

I've recently built a new system and installed Age of Empires 2 (been playing this game for 13 years). The game crashes as soon as I launch a single player game. I don't get any error message but when I checked the event log this is the message I could extract:

Faulting application name: age2_x1.Exe, version: 0.7.26.809, time stamp: 0x3b7433ec

Faulting module name: age2_x1.Exe, version: 0.7.26.809, time stamp: 0x3b7433ec

Exception code: 0xc0000094

Fault offset: 0x000d9763

Faulting process id: 0x21c0

Faulting application start time: 0x01d50ddd26eddc6d

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II\Age2_X1\age2_x1.Exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II\Age2_X1\age2_x1.Exe

Report Id: 7eff361f-42e5-4566-ac17-23ac73d2a1a4

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

My system configuration is:

Processor: Ryzen 5 2600X

Motherboard: Gigabyte X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming

Memory: 32 GB (4 x 8 GB @ 2400 MHz)

Graphics card: MSI GeForce RTX 2060

All the drivers and OS are up to date. Going by the traditional approach of running AOE 2 on newer computers, I am running it on Windows XP Service Pack 2 compatibility mode.

:)

Deepak Nag Ayyala, May 18, 2019

2. Something like AOE or Better

Hey guys, Its been a while since I've played any game.. totally out of game world.. I need some suggestions for games like AOE III and World of Warcraft. Is there any new version of AOE out?

smartali89, May 18, 2019
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, May 18, 2019
  4. AOE 2 crash without error dialog

I have issues running AOE 2 in Windows 10.

<Original Title: Ages of Empire 2 wont open>

I found an old ages of empire cd set and installed both games

AOE original

AOE Gold

AOE 2

the first two work but ages of empire 2 wont open. it just wont, a window pops up and asks about some settings that the game needs to change and then (Yes or No) nothing happens??

you can here the CD spin for a bit but then it stops

HELP

Michael#71, May 18, 2019
Thema:

AOE 2 crash without error dialog

1. AOE 2 crash without error dialog - Similar Threads - AOE crash without

2. Battlefront 2 crashing with second monitor but not without

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battlefront 2 crashing with second monitor but not without: For the last month a few games on my computer Battlefront 2, Battlefield V have been crashing/black screening and then minimizing. I have tried a lot of methods to get rid of the crashing and then today I unplugged my second monitor and Battlefront 2 immediately started...
  3. Battlefront 2 crashing with second monitor but not without

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battlefront 2 crashing with second monitor but not without: For the last month a few games on my computer Battlefront 2, Battlefield V have been crashing/black screening and then minimizing. I have tried a lot of methods to get rid of the crashing and then today I unplugged my second monitor and Battlefront 2 immediately started...
  4. AoE 3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AoE 3: Does AoE 3 work on windows 10 on cd and digital download? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/aoe-3/61a22678-4c45-45a7-ae60-f20fec8aaefd
  5. Troubble with AOE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Troubble with AOE: Hi! I updated a game yesterday and my computer last night. Didn't start the game until I turned on my computer this morning. I couldn't start the game and all that would happen is that microsoft store would open. So i decided to uninstall the game and reinstall it later...
  6. AOE 2 definitive Edition

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    AOE 2 definitive Edition: Habe das Spiel gestern neu installiert. Spielstand von gestern kann heute nicht mehr gespielt werden. Stürzt nach ca. 5 Sekunden ab. Älter Spielstände funktionieren noch. Nur das Spiel was ich gestern nach Neuinstallation gespielt habe, funktioniert nicht mehr....
  7. Microsoft store not working for aoe 2 de

Microsoft store not working for aoe 2 de: I recently tried to update Age of empire two definitive edition and uninstalled it somehow. I immediately tried to install it back, but the process won't go further than spinning dots... Every time I refresh, the install button reappears. I looked for every possible solution...
  8. Error dialog

in Windows 10 Customization
    Error dialog: Friends, very recently I've begun receiving an error dialog even though my PC works fine. I would be grateful to know what it means and how I can correct it if possible. Thank you. [ATTACH]...
  9. AoE 2 Definitiv Edition

AoE 2 Definitiv Edition: i paid and installed AOE2 definitiv edition. Game goes to the first Picture Market place then there is a notice WARNING. we encounterd .........while receiving xbox id. I installed the game on PC. if i klick ok, nothing happend. I need HELP, THANK You...
  10. Game crash without error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Game crash without error: I recently find my games crashing straight to the desktop. After running the game about 10-15 mins, the game just suddenly closed without giving me any error message. I never experiencing this kind of issue before. But this seems to be happened after the most recent update...