Windows 10: AOE 2 HD - Start up fail MessageBox4112-Error: Failed to initialize draw system......

Discus and support AOE 2 HD - Start up fail MessageBox4112-Error: Failed to initialize draw system...... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I cannot play Age of Empires 2 HD btw I did play a month ago. I've read it may be something to do with DirectX, or C++ redistributables for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TonyChrisostomou, Aug 9, 2020.

1. AOE 2 HD - Start up fail MessageBox4112-Error: Failed to initialize draw system......

Hi,

I cannot play Age of Empires 2 HD btw I did play a month ago. I've read it may be something to do with DirectX, or C++ redistributables for visual studio 2015.Can anyone help?

AOE 2 HD - Start up fail MessageBox4112-Error: Failed to initialize draw system...... f752ce9c-5686-4aa0-8922-af07846a2b5f?upload=true.png

Here is what comes up in the error log:

Application started

Setting Program Defaults

This Steam account 76561198014838017 is online

Active Launch Options: none

Before creating Game

BaseGame constructor 1

BaseGame constructor Before OpenFileById

BaseGame constructor After OpenFileById

BaseGame constructor 3

BaseGame constructor 4

BaseGame constructor 6

BaseGame constructor 7

BaseGame constructor 8

BaseGame constructor done

Game constructor 1

Game constructor 2

Game constructor - Init Game

PreModManagerInit 1

PreModManagerInit 2

PreModManagerInit 2

About to create main window...

...success! About to setup graphics...

...FAILED: Failed to initialize draw system

game setup returned an error

MessageBox4112-Error: Failed to initialize draw system

: c:\users\jakes_workstation\documents\projects\age_of_empires_2_de\phoenix\age2hd_archive_5.7_with_hotfix\aoc\source\main.cpp312

exiting

:)

TonyChrisostomou, Aug 9, 2020

2. AOE III Initialization Failed

Hi! I just bought AOE III Complete Collection via Steam. Followed everything when installing. When finally installed, I started it, I got a message saying "Initialization Failed". I tried looking up some answers on Steam but no luck. I might have missed
    something on the installation process but thats unlikely cause once you downloaded it, hit install on Steam and it should do all the work. Any help would be so much appreciated. Uploaded a photo of what's going on and my system's specs. Windows Version: Windows
    10 Home

AOE 2 HD - Start up fail MessageBox4112-Error: Failed to initialize draw system...... 96d19642-d56f-4204-9b76-43da7f5c94b0.png

AOE 2 HD - Start up fail MessageBox4112-Error: Failed to initialize draw system...... 1eea7055-6959-4962-92e8-b44e273f1655.png

Jezreel Mercado, Aug 9, 2020
  3. r1rhyder Win User
    System Tests run, 2 Failed results

You FAILED to list your hardware/system specs

r1rhyder, Aug 9, 2020
  4. Vidfamne Win User

AOE 2 HD - Start up fail MessageBox4112-Error: Failed to initialize draw system......

System Restore fails with error code 0x8007045b

I've been trying to run the reagentc /boottore

But it fails as it seems it wants to connect to Azure for some reason, to get som product code...

I do have AoE Beta installed and these are encrypted according to the cipher command as per OP.

Any ideas how to get restore to work?

Vidfamne, Aug 9, 2020
Thema:

AOE 2 HD - Start up fail MessageBox4112-Error: Failed to initialize draw system......

1. AOE 2 HD - Start up fail MessageBox4112-Error: Failed to initialize draw system...... - Similar Threads - AOE Start fail

2. System configuration failed to initialize

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System configuration failed to initialize: Hello I just want to ask if how to handle this problem on application , when entering the application there will a sudden message will pop-out. This is " Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click continue. The application will ignore this error and...
  3. System configuration failed to initialize

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System configuration failed to initialize: Hello I just want to ask if how to handle this problem on application , when entering the application there will a sudden message will pop-out. This is " Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click continue. The application will ignore this error and...
  4. Failed to initialize $MFT file due to error in file system.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Failed to initialize $MFT file due to error in file system.: I am trying to clone my partition on windows bootcamp using AOMEI Partition Assistant 9.13.1 however it keeps coming up with the error "Failed to initialize $MFT file due to error in file system." I have already tried CHKDSK.EXE in CMD and reinstalling windows however this...
  5. Start up fail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start up fail: Processor AMD Athlontm II X4 635 Processor 2.90 GHz Installed RAM 16.0 GB Device ID C8FBED17-0E45-4652-ADE3-696069A09B74 Product ID 00330-80000-00000-AA309 System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this...
  6. Failed to initialize

in Windows 10 Customization
    Failed to initialize: I downloaded a program - Twinity - and thought all was fine until I tried to log in and got the failed to intialize message. Can I get round this? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/failed-to-initialize/cb4619db-8347-4ced-85da-896f0692a1cb
  7. initialization failed

initialization failed: hello everyone so when i started my PC he showed me this screen[IMG] then restarted and did that in a loop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/initialization-failed/10e740ab-553d-4214-a0a4-4c49d49ebfac
  8. Configuration system failed to initialize

Configuration system failed to initialize: When i turned on my laptop message would appear; Another instance is running. Configuration system failed to initialize. I don't know if it has anything to do with this but this message started showing up after ive rebooted my laptop because my brightness feature wasn't...
  9. Configuration System Failed to Initialize

Configuration System Failed to Initialize: After downloading to latest Windows 10 Upgrade Releasea few weeks ago, I get this message: "Configuration System Failed to Initialize". It won't go away. Someone in the Windows Community suggested a "Clean Boot" of the computer. I am very concerned that if I do a clean...
  10. Machines Fail to Start and Initialize

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Machines Fail to Start and Initialize: My Windows 8.1 virtual machines worked fine. I just upgraded to Windows 10 and when I attempt to start the machines I get the error '(machine name)' failed to start. and '(machine name)' could not initialize. The same thing happens when I attempt to create a new virtual...