Windows 10: AOL Desktop Gold disruption

Discus and support AOL Desktop Gold disruption in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have used AOL Desktop Gold since its birth. That said, my problems started after the automatic download and install of the following updates on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by HaroldWingler, Oct 27, 2020.

1. AOL Desktop Gold disruption

I have used AOL Desktop Gold since its birth. That said, my problems started after the automatic download and install of the following updates on 06/21/2020: Feature update to Windows 10, version 2004, 2020-05 Cumulative update for .Net Framework 3.5 and 4.8for windows 10 version 2004 for x64 KB4552925, 2020-06 Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 2004 for x64 KB4561600 and Driver update – HP - HIDClass - 5/10/2018 12:00:00 AM - 2.1.4.1.

After the installation and re-boot I found my AOL Desktop Gold had been disrupted, my bookmarks gone, my settings changed and e-mail folders empty! AOL through a tech assist on two different occasions got it restored but, after a shutdown at night and restart in the morning or a re-boot things were gone again!

Is there anyone out there that may know what happened and possibly tell me how it could be fixed?

Thank You;

Harold L Wingler

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

:)

HaroldWingler, Oct 27, 2020

2. AOL Desktop Gold disruption

I have used AOL Desktop Gold since its birth. That said, my problems started after the automatic download and install of the following updates on 06/21/2020:
    Feature update to Windows 10, version 2004,
    2020-05 Cumulative update for .Net Framework 3.5 and 4.8for windows 10 version 2004 for x64 (KB4552925),
    2020-06 Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 2004 for x64 (KB4561600) and Driver update – HP - HIDClass - 5/10/2018 12:00:00 AM - 2.1.4.1.

After the installation and re-boot I found my AOL Desktop Gold had been disrupted, my bookmarks gone, my settings changed and e-mail folders empty!
    AOL through a tech assist on two different occasions got it restored but, after a shutdown at night and restart in the morning or a re-boot things were gone again!

Is there anyone out there that may know what happened and possibly tell me how it could be fixed?

Thank You;

Harold L Wingler

PS; Windows topics, not really sure it applies.

HaroldWingler, Oct 27, 2020
  3. how to download aol gold desktop on windows?

First off, You should know the fact that to download AOL gold
    desktop successfully on your computer there are some minimum systems requirements:

• Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 installed
    • At least 512 MB free space on the hard drive
    • 1 GB RAM
    • Internet connection
    • Internet Explorer 7+
    • 266 MHz or any other faster computer processor
    • At least 1024 x 768 screen resolution

If you are existing user:

• Give your AOL credentials, go to AOL desktop Gold
    • Tap it
    • Download the setup file.
    • Click to Install
    • Run it and follow the instructions.

If you are new user then create account:

• Go premium to get Desktop Gold
    • Click onto Get started option
    • Open the conformation mail received.
    • Click on the setup files
    • Install them as instructed for existing users.
    • Experience Desktop Gold hassle free.

NelsonEric, Oct 27, 2020
  4. AOL Desktop Gold disruption

The print and email icons are missing next to the minimize and maximize buttons (AOL Desktop Gold)

Does the computer belong to you or to your mother, Angela?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AOL Desktop Gold - FAQs

AOL ist jetzt Teil von Verizon Media

To set AOL Desktop Gold as your default browser and/or email client follow the steps below:

• Open AOL Desktop Gold.
    • Click on Settings.

AOL Desktop Gold disruption aol_desktop_gold_faqs_1.png
    • On the General tab click on the Make Default buttons to make AOL Desktop your default browser and/or email client.

AOL Desktop Gold disruption aol_desktop_gold_faqs_7.png
    • A new window opens up. From the Default apps tab go to the
      Web Browser
      or to the Email section and select AOL Desktop Gold from the drop-down menu.

AOL Desktop Gold disruption aol_desktop_gold_faqs_3.png
    • That's it! AOL Desktop Gold is now your default browser and/or email client.

PA Bear - MS MVP, Oct 27, 2020
Thema:

AOL Desktop Gold disruption

1. AOL Desktop Gold disruption - Similar Threads - AOL Desktop Gold

2. How to AOL Desktop Gold Download For Windows 10? goldgetdesktop.com

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to AOL Desktop Gold Download For Windows 10? goldgetdesktop.com: How to Download AOL Desktop Gold for Windows 10?Are you searching for a reliable and efficient way to download AOL Desktop Gold for Windows 10? Look no further! We are here to guide you through the process, step by step, ensuring that you can successfully install AOL Desktop...
  3. AOL Desktop Gold and MagicJack in 2023? Opinions please

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AOL Desktop Gold and MagicJack in 2023? Opinions please: Hello,Seeking unfiltered opinions about using AOL desktop gold as well as magic jack in the year 2023 on windows 10 and windows 11. That’s the question a nutshell I really need opinions on this.Sincerely,Princess WonderWoman....
  4. AOL Desktop Gold and MagicJack in 2023? Opinions please

AOL Desktop Gold and MagicJack in 2023? Opinions please: Hello,Seeking unfiltered opinions about using AOL desktop gold as well as magic jack in the year 2023 on windows 10 and windows 11. That’s the question a nutshell I really need opinions on this.Sincerely,Princess WonderWoman....
  5. AOL Desktop Gold problem with settings

in Browsers and Email
    AOL Desktop Gold problem with settings: In late June, after having gotten a new Dell Inspiron 3880 PC, I downloaded and installed AOL Desktop Gold (Rev. 11.0.3316), and unfortunately one important thing on it doesn't work at all - the "Settings" button. Whenever I click on it, nothing happens, and if I try clicking...
  6. OVERTYPE MODE NO LONGER WORKS IN AOL GOLD DESKTOP MAIL

in Windows 10 Customization
    OVERTYPE MODE NO LONGER WORKS IN AOL GOLD DESKTOP MAIL: Overtype mode using the Insert key had worked fine in AOL Gold Desktop email up until the last couple months or so and then it suddenly stopped working. AOL Gold works with Win10. Overtype mode is enabled in Word. How do I enable it to work again in AOL? Also, I just noticed...
  7. AOL Desktop Gold missing feature

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    AOL Desktop Gold missing feature: Unable to get 'Saved on my PC' option post windows updates-version 200419041 on the AOL gold desktop app. It works in compatibility mode but after a restart it reverts to default settings post saving the settings Sync settings is on windows are up to date proxy settings...
  8. AOL Desktop Gold disruption

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    AOL Desktop Gold disruption: I have used AOL Desktop Gold since its birth. That said, my problems started after the automatic download and install of the following updates on 06/21/2020:Feature update to Windows 10, version 2004,2020-05 Cumulative update for .Net Framework 3.5 and 4.8for windows 10...
  9. Easy Steps To Reset AOl Desktop Gold Password

Easy Steps To Reset AOl Desktop Gold Password: There are many solutions for Reset AOL Desktop Gold Password but before looking towards solutions firstly you have to analyze all the error that occurs while you reset your AOL password. So now look here for all the solutions in different situations that we analyze: Analyze...
  10. AOL DESKTOP GOLD ON INTERNET AND OFF IS TO SMALL

in Windows 10 Customization
    AOL DESKTOP GOLD ON INTERNET AND OFF IS TO SMALL: MAY 30 2019 HOW TO CHANGE SMALL FONTS TO LARGE IN AOL DESKTOP GOLD FOR INTERNET? *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/aol-desktop-gold-on-internet-and-off-is-to-small/a4036c77-50d0-448f-9e1d-2b0a4bbbfa1e