Windows 10: AOL email synching fix

Discus and support AOL email synching fix in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; To ALL of those who are having issues with AOL email synching, here is the fix: Ok everyone, I got it! Follow these steps: #1-Go to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by sanotisss, Mar 5, 2021.

1. sanotisss Win User

AOL email synching fix

To ALL of those who are having issues with AOL email synching, here is the fix:

Ok everyone, I got it! Follow these steps:

#1-Go to myaccount.aol.com
    #2-select MY PROFILE
    #3-select CHANGE PASSWORD
    you will then sign in to your email and a screen will come up
    #4- go down to bottom & select MANAGE APP PASSWORDS
    #5-from the list select your kind of device that's not synching, you can just make up a name on selecting OTHER
    #6-select GENERATE a code will come up
    On your device, remove the email account, then add it back putting THIS code as the password and you're DONE!
    You will need to do this with EACH device you have that's not synching aol email.
    If you have the issue 'ATTENTION REQUIRED' on your AOL email on your PC Windows 10 under email accounts, this will fix that issue as well but you will still need to do it on each device!
    I hope this works for everyone and solves all issues re this, I know I myself went insane trying to figure it out, I almost want to stop using AOL email because it makes me so mad, they should have notified everyone about it!

:)

sanotisss, Mar 5, 2021
  2. sligo33 Win User

Using AOL site and AOL email

I use AOL for my internet connection. When I call up my AOL email list, I am required to perform two double clicks in order to retrieve any single email item. I contacted AOL and they suggested there must be a setting in windows 10 that I need to adjust
    in order to be able to retrieve each email item. Please advise what I can do to be able to retrieve each email with only one double click. thank you

sligo33, Mar 5, 2021
  3. Jude Jude Win User
    Synching email accounts

Do I need to Synch my AOL email account with my Outlook email account?

Jude Jude, Mar 5, 2021
  4. jekiboi20 Win User

AOL email synching fix

AOL Email

imichalis wrote:

I can't set up AOL email. I received error code: 8007274C. Can anybody help?

Have you tried setting it up using Other or Advance Setup? Here are the POP settings of AOL:

• AOL Mail POP incoming server address: pop.aol.com
    • AOL Mail POP outgoing server address: smtp.aol.com
    • AOL Mail POP user name: Your AOL Mail screen name (what precedes "@aol.com" in your AOL Mail address; if the address is *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, for instance, the screen name is "me")
    • AOL Mail POP password: Your AOL Mail password
    • AOL Mail POP port (Incoming): 995
    • AOL Mail POP port (Outgoing): 587
    • AOL Mail POP TLS/SSL required (both for incoming and outgoing): yes

On Lumia devices, Advance setup doesn't have fields for Ports and Logon authentication. To enable this you'll need to include it on the incoming and outgoing server. For exam. "user@aol.com:995:1". The number "1" indicates that the TLS/SSL will
    be enabled.

jekiboi20, Mar 5, 2021
Thema:

AOL email synching fix

1. AOL email synching fix - Similar Threads - AOL email synching

2. Aol Email

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Aol Email: All of a sudden my AOL email won't sync.. Ive tried everything HELP! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/aol-email/ace80432-871e-4199-b762-bed1ca7a3239
  3. AOL email

in Windows 10 Customization
    AOL email: Default account = AOL. Deleted Account. Re-added AOL email and keep getting a message that either the password is wrong or have to allow sync for this device. What do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/aol-email/a0692d74-4468-40c8-a494-23402832f650
  4. aol email sync

in Windows 10 Customization
    aol email sync: aol email sync quit working. anyone know why ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/aol-email-sync/204e7840-3cd2-4f4b-b4bb-362bcccde6c2
  5. AOL email scam?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    AOL email scam?: I am receiving multiple emails from supposedly AOL will no longer support 3rd party applications that were not developed by AOL. It states that I will not be able to access emails after Oct 20. I have tried contacting AOL but it is difficult to get through on phone and...
  6. AOL emails deleted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AOL emails deleted: Using the Windows 10 Mail app to view AOL email account. About 4 years of emails disappeared on June 7. Not found in old mail folder or the recently deleted folder. AOL says it is third party app that caused problem? Any one else with similar experience?...
  7. AOL email sign on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AOL email sign on: I can't get into my aol account....guce.advertising error...what is the fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/aol-email-sign-on/40eb90ef-4f0d-4aec-ad5d-fed62169d19b
  8. Slow Email Synching

Slow Email Synching: My email (I use gmail and yahoo) syncs VERY VERY slowly and has done so on my Windows 10 ever since I first purchased it in December 2019. It does not do this on any of my other devices. I do Windows updates regularly, have no problems accessing the internet. What is the...
  9. AOL email

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    AOL email: I was typing an email and it disappeared saying "autosaved" but I can't find it anywhere . Looked in drafts, deleted, spam sent, etc. Where is it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/aol-email/6b86f33a-d677-46a6-95c1-d7270da8dedc"
  10. AOL Email

AOL Email: I have had AOL for many years so I continue to use it as my main email. In the last week I can access the email but when I click to get the window I get the following message: Could not open window.If you have a pop-up blocker installed, please make sure it is disabled....