Windows 10: AOL mail issues

Discus and support AOL mail issues in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I use the AOL mail program, and I am having a couple off issues. The first being when I open a e mail, and there is a link, as soon as I move my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Tanner4, May 2, 2019.

1. Tanner4 Win User

AOL mail issues

Hi,
    I use the AOL mail program, and I am having a couple off issues. The first being when I open a e mail, and there is a link, as soon as I move my cursor over the link to click on it, the cursor disappears.

The second issue, is that sometimes when I receive an E mail from somebody, the program will sometimes send an auto response saying "stop e mails." This has become an issue because people are confused by why I am supposedly telling them to stop.

If anybody has a solution to one...

AOL mail issues

Tanner4, May 2, 2019

2. Can't paste to AOL mail with 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

Before we proceed, we require more information to assist you better.

• Does the issue persist, if you use another browser?
    • Is this issue particular with AOL mail?

I suggest you to contact the AOL support team, for better assistance on this issue.

Hope this information helps. If you have any queries, let us know. Will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, May 2, 2019
  3. Time Lady Win User
    AOL mail not working with Windows 10 mail ?

Hello tynaskos, I’m Virginia an independent advisor here.

I’ve seen that error on accounts which have two-factor/step authentication where the user requires an app specific password which is entered in place of the account password.

Does the AOL account use this security feature?

If not then check the usual ‘suspects’: username & password, whether the account uses SSL & whether the port numbers are set correctly.

AOL Mail IMAP Settings

The IMAP settings for AOL mail are as follows:

AOL Mail IMAP server address: imap.aol.com

AOL Mail IMAP user name: Your full AOL Mail email address. For AOL email, this is your AOL screen name plus "@aol.com," such as "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***" (or @love.com, @games.com

AOL Mail IMAP password: Your AOL Mail password

AOL Mail IMAP port: 993

AOL Mail IMAP TLS/SSL required: yes

Enter these SMTP settings to send outgoing email through to your AOL Mail account from any email program.

Incoming Mail Server: imap.aol.com

SMTP Outgoing Server Address: smtp.aol.com. Set the port to 587

SMTP Username: "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***" (or @love.com, @games.com or @verizon.net)

SMTP password. The password you use to log in to AOL Mail

https://www.lifewire.com/what-are-aol-mail-imap...

Information on two-step authentication:

https://help.aol.com/articles/2-step-verificati...

Time Lady, May 2, 2019
  4. Mark_W. Win User

AOL mail issues

AOL mail

Hello MartyXF:

Thank you for posting to the forum regarding the issues you are having with your AOL account on your Windows Phone 7. At this point there has not been a lot of detail provided regarding the issue you are experiencing. With that said I am providing you
    some basic troubleshooting steps and a couple links to other threads about issues that seem to be similar to what you are describing.

The first thing I would suggest you do is go to the phone and tap settings > time + date > turn off automatically set > set the time, date and time zone manually. Once this is done, go back to settings and tap on emails + accounts. Tap and hold the AOL
    account and sync.

If you still cannot get the account to sync the next thing I would suggest you do is delete the account from your phone and try re-adding it to the phone. You can do this by going to settings > emails + accounts > tap and hold the account > select delete
    > tap add account > select other account > enter the AOL account details.

If the issue continues please review the following threads to see if the steps in these help.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Mark W.

Mark_W., May 2, 2019
Thema:

AOL mail issues

1. AOL mail issues - Similar Threads - AOL mail issues

2. aol mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    aol mail: cant install aol https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/aol-mail/e55ae13b-7608-46e0-b5fb-6d486ff53012
  3. Printing from AOL Mail issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printing from AOL Mail issue: I have always been able to print from my AOL mail account from my Dell desktop computer Windows 10 until a few days ago. I can print fine from my IPad and Iphone. Any suggestions?...
  4. Printing from AOL Mail issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printing from AOL Mail issue: I have always been able to print from my AOL mail account from my Dell desktop computer Windows 10 until a few days ago. I can print fine from my IPad and Iphone. Any suggestions?...
  5. AOL Mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AOL Mail: How do you set up AOL to receive and send email in the Mail App? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/aol-mail/19c5e492-2bfb-45a7-9b3d-d838412f685f
  6. AOL mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    AOL mail: New AOL mail account will not sync in Win 10 even after removing and reinstalling in advanced setup. I have another email account that works. It still needs "permission" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/aol-mail/f97079c8-d865-4f26-aeb4-2966a9101c62
  7. Mail App and AOL Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail App and AOL Issues: Good Morning. I have just purchased a new laptop and starting to go through and set it all up. I have gone into the Mail App to add my e-mail accounts, all of which are AOL. I have managed to upload one of them, sort off, its still not showing all of my e-mails but some are...
  8. Accessing AOL Mail Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Accessing AOL Mail Issue: I have a client that is trying to use Microsoft Mail and/or Outlook to view AOL mail but since 2 weeks ago has not been working. When I open Microsoft Mail it gives me the warning banner at the top that an account needs attention. I go to Manage Accounts and select the...
  9. AOL mail

AOL mail: How does one sync AOL mail to PC device? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/aol-mail/03ff542c-399f-463f-aa4e-99d994228181
  10. aol mail

aol mail: I can't get my aol mail in my new laptop, I have changed password several times and reset the mail calander. I might add that mail is not in the sync catagory https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/aol-mail/7b31d873-0a4a-453a-a4b3-b664f8ee4101

Users found this page by searching for:

1. email @aiol.in

2. aol mail

3. email @atol.co.in

4. aol not syncing windows 10,
  5. aol email issues ,
  6. aolmail issues