Windows 10: AOL mail

Discus and support AOL mail in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I cannot get into my AOL mail and I can't put in a new password and it has samcase1040@aol and that is wrong., and I did not put that in. HELP!!!!!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by williamcompton1, Dec 24, 2019.

1. AOL mail

I cannot get into my AOL mail and I can't put in a new password and it has samcase1040@aol and that is wrong., and I did not put that in. HELP!!!!!

:)

williamcompton1, Dec 24, 2019
  2. Time Lady Win User

AOL mail not working with Windows 10 mail ?

Hello tynaskos, I’m Virginia an independent advisor here.

I’ve seen that error on accounts which have two-factor/step authentication where the user requires an app specific password which is entered in place of the account password.

Does the AOL account use this security feature?

If not then check the usual ‘suspects’: username & password, whether the account uses SSL & whether the port numbers are set correctly.

AOL Mail IMAP Settings

The IMAP settings for AOL mail are as follows:

AOL Mail IMAP server address: imap.aol.com

AOL Mail IMAP user name: Your full AOL Mail email address. For AOL email, this is your AOL screen name plus "@aol.com," such as "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***" (or @love.com, @games.com

AOL Mail IMAP password: Your AOL Mail password

AOL Mail IMAP port: 993

AOL Mail IMAP TLS/SSL required: yes

Enter these SMTP settings to send outgoing email through to your AOL Mail account from any email program.

Incoming Mail Server: imap.aol.com

SMTP Outgoing Server Address: smtp.aol.com. Set the port to 587

SMTP Username: "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***" (or @love.com, @games.com or @verizon.net)

SMTP password. The password you use to log in to AOL Mail

https://www.lifewire.com/what-are-aol-mail-imap...

Information on two-step authentication:

https://help.aol.com/articles/2-step-verificati...

Time Lady, Dec 24, 2019
  3. Outlook trouble in Windows 10 handling AOL email

Hi Dave,

• Are you referring to Windows 10 Mail App?
    • If yes, then is that an additional account?

If your AOL is an additional account in Windows 10 Mail App, then I suggest you to remove the account and reconfigure it and check the behavior. And if your AOL is primary a account, please get back to us for further assistance.

I suggest you to try the steps provided in the link below and check.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/remove-account

Thank you

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Dec 24, 2019
  4. AOL mail

AOL will soon be free.

That reminds me of the time I told AOL tech support exactly what was wrong with AOL 9.0 (to be precise, the processes that allowed AOL to run operated like malware, and automatically restarted themselves). They didn't speak for like five minutes, and then said "thanks for reporting the problem...until then, please run AOL Spyware Protection to eliminate pesky start up services" *Wtf :wtf:. Oh yeah and according to my Mom, the reasons to run AOL are:
    • Parental controls (useless and easily bypassable).
    • Easiest E-mail interface (I can't argue with an opinion).
    • Security (If they aren't unneccessary, they are easily replaced by better performing freeware).

zekrahminator, Dec 24, 2019
Thema:

AOL mail

1. AOL mail - Similar Threads - AOL mail

2. Can I Virus Scan an AOL mail attachment with Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I Virus Scan an AOL mail attachment with Windows Defender: Hello,I have AOL and someone whom I don't know well sent me an attachment. Is it possible to scan the attachment and/or email with Windows Defender? If I download the attachment to my desktop, I think -- am not sure -- that I can scan it for viruses, but I'm, again,not sure...
  3. Can I Virus Scan an AOL mail attachment with Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I Virus Scan an AOL mail attachment with Windows Defender: Hello,I have AOL and someone whom I don't know well sent me an attachment. Is it possible to scan the attachment and/or email with Windows Defender? If I download the attachment to my desktop, I think -- am not sure -- that I can scan it for viruses, but I'm, again,not sure...
  4. gmail and aol mail accounts won't updatefrom windows mail to the new outlook.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    gmail and aol mail accounts won't updatefrom windows mail to the new outlook.: my current email accounts in windows mail will not convert when i try to convert to the new outlook https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gmail-and-aol-mail-accounts-wont-updatefrom/cb6f3ed1-61bf-4231-ba3b-277aa13113ba
  5. gmail and aol mail accounts won't updatefrom windows mail to the new outlook.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    gmail and aol mail accounts won't updatefrom windows mail to the new outlook.: my current email accounts in windows mail will not convert when i try to convert to the new outlook https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gmail-and-aol-mail-accounts-wont-updatefrom/cb6f3ed1-61bf-4231-ba3b-277aa13113ba
  6. gmail and aol mail accounts won't updatefrom windows mail to the new outlook.

7. font size won't hold in aol mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    font size won't hold in aol mail: the font size of my aol mail has flipped to a tiny size and no matter how many times I go into mail setting and set it to 14 which displays as the chosen font it reverts to 8does this have to do with windows? it is in both chrome and edge. I have not changed ANY settings.i'd...
  8. font size won't hold in aol mail

font size won't hold in aol mail: the font size of my aol mail has flipped to a tiny size and no matter how many times I go into mail setting and set it to 14 which displays as the chosen font it reverts to 8does this have to do with windows? it is in both chrome and edge. I have not changed ANY settings.i'd...
  9. How to simplify transition in Windows Mail of Verizon/AOL mail to new version Outlook in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to simplify transition in Windows Mail of Verizon/AOL mail to new version Outlook in...: Windows mail is changing in 2024 in a merge with Outlook....the question is this... I have Verizon/AOL as my e-mail provider....Is there some way to get around all the rigamarole of having to go to aol.com and having to request a new password for this new mail application? I...
  10. How to simplify transition in Windows Mail of Verizon/AOL mail to new version Outlook in...

How to simplify transition in Windows Mail of Verizon/AOL mail to new version Outlook in...: Windows mail is changing in 2024 in a merge with Outlook....the question is this... I have Verizon/AOL as my e-mail provider....Is there some way to get around all the rigamarole of having to go to aol.com and having to request a new password for this new mail application? I...