Windows 10: AP Exclusive: Google tracks your movements, like it or not

Discus and support AP Exclusive: Google tracks your movements, like it or not in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Google wants to know where you go so badly that it records your movements even when you explicitly tell it not to. An Associated Press investigation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

AP Exclusive: Google tracks your movements, like it or not

Read more: AP Exclusive: Google tracks your movements, like it or not

:)

Brink, Aug 14, 2018
  2. jimbo45 Win User

APE audioarchive format - restore original tracks ??

Hi there

going through my music files I've a load in .APE archive + the CUE file.

I used to be able to re-create original track info (+tags) by using a program called CUE TOOLS.
    This seems to have disappeared.

Anybody got an old link for it - or can suggest another alternative. I'd like to get these back into tracks again.
    CUE TOOLS did the job excellently.

I can still PLAY these with VLC on the local computer but I need to re-create the tracks as neither SQUEEZEBOXSERVER or PLEX (my media servers) will play these on remote devices.

I made these "Lossless" archives at a time when storage was a bit more expensive than now --I'm standardsing on FLAC for all my music - apart from a few old things I have in .mp3 --I prefer lossless music but that's another issue. !!

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Aug 14, 2018
  3. Ryan Mon1 Win User
    Unable to Remove Exclusions from Windows Defender

Thank you for posting back. If you trust a file, file type, folder, or a process that Windows Defender Antivirus has detected as malicious, you can stop Windows Defender Antivirus from alerting you or blocking the program by adding the file to
    the exclusion list. It seems that it was added automatically. We suggest that you follow these steps:

• Go to Settings and select Update & security.
    • Click Windows Defender.
    • Look for Exclusions and select Add an exclusion.
    • Navigate to the file, folder, or process, and select Exclude this file.

If the steps provided did not work, we recommend that you boot your device to
    Safe Mode
    and redo the process.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Ryan Mon1, Aug 14, 2018
  4. AP Exclusive: Google tracks your movements, like it or not

Disable Google Tracking

I have Windows 10 and I have a question on tracking. Could someone tell me how to disable Google tracking. I have tried the pop up way and it doesn't seem to work. I would like to do this for the tracking history and for the present. Hope someone can help.
    Thanks in advance.

Original Title: Google Tracking

ThomasHigginsWP, Aug 14, 2018
Thema:

AP Exclusive: Google tracks your movements, like it or not

1. AP Exclusive: Google tracks your movements, like it or not - Similar Threads - Exclusive Google tracks

2. TaskBar Movement like Windows 10 in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TaskBar Movement like Windows 10 in Windows 11: Hi,When I was on windows 10, I was able to move my taskbar to, right, left, up or down, because i have been using multiple monitors and in order for easy access for all the pages, I required this customized. But since I moved to windows 11, it has become and extremely serious...
  3. TaskBar Movement like Windows 10 in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    TaskBar Movement like Windows 10 in Windows 11: Hi,When I was on windows 10, I was able to move my taskbar to, right, left, up or down, because i have been using multiple monitors and in order for easy access for all the pages, I required this customized. But since I moved to windows 11, it has become and extremely serious...
  4. Why should I allow my bank to track my movements?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why should I allow my bank to track my movements?: I suddenly am told that I must allow cookies to open certain pages in my online bank account. Why should I allow my bank to track my every move for me to see my own account? This is too much invasion and I do NOT LIKE IT!...
  5. google play store aps in windows 10 home in S mode

google play store aps in windows 10 home in S mode: on windows 10 home in S Mode, can I log into my google account and access my google play store aps? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-play-store-aps-in-windows-10-home-in-s-mode/34eba047-e662-4d01-b185-8527bd9cb46c
  6. Mouse movement feels like it's on ice?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse movement feels like it's on ice?: Anyone else? Happens both ingame and in desktop. I've got accel turned off and have tried too many times to fix it. submitted by /u/piggok [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fyix3s/mouse_movement_feels_like_its_on_ice/
  7. photo ap

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    photo ap: Using photo app in Windows 10. App hangs as try to import photos from android phone- via usb cable(file transfer). It searches all 10,000+ photos have on phone - not just NEW ones). Thus I can not store photos on desktop computer. 1. Suggestions -( Microsoft says this is...
  8. View and track your downloads

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    View and track your downloads: When I attempt to open a program, the "view and track your downloads" box opens, but flashes and comes right back to the "view and track your downloads" box. I have tried all of the options such as open, save, save open but nothing works to open the program....
  9. Google tracking criteria

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Google tracking criteria: How does the google know that it is me, after clearing all cookies and logs of my PC. Because when I opens the 'Chrome' it still shows my google id and not logged off. I think that google can only tracks us by using cookies. But how they still treats us as same user before,...
  10. older aps

older aps: how do I get older aps that I had on my old computer it was 8.1 ,I have 10 now *** Email address is removed for privacy *** thanks!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/older-aps/99f1add6-e2fe-483d-b183-c9dfc38395b4