Windows 10: Apache Cordova and WinJS

Discus and support Apache Cordova and WinJS in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Apache Cordova enables developers to build native applications by using the most common web programming languages: HTML, CSS, and JavaScript. Tapping... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Apache Cordova and WinJS

Read more...

:)

Brink, Oct 23, 2014

2. Error (80073cf1) Downloading Single App from Store on Windows Lumia Phone

Thanks for the responses above. I'm pleased to say that working with Microsoft Tech Support (paid) I was able to come to a positive resolution to the issue and gained some insight into the cause.

Affected apps seem to be those that require the WinJS library so that will be potentially affect any WinJS / Hybrid or Cordova Tools.

The issue appears to be caused by the Windows Store having removed the ability for apps to download an older version of the WinJS library if it is not present on the phone already. This explains why we were seeing a successful download but a failure to complete
    installation

The solution for our App was to follow the following steps to ensure the WinJS library included in our Cordova Tools app was the correct version:

• Updated Visual Studio 2015 to the latest mobile development toolset / Cordova Build tools

• Created a new Javascript > Apache Cordova Apps > Blank App (Apache Cordova) project

• Copied in the previous code base (www folder)

• Added the necessary Cordova Plugins (at latest versions as per the Cordova build tools update)

• Configured the config.xml to match the old project

Hope this is of use to any developers currently suffering with the same issue

David_M_967, Oct 23, 2014
  3. Error (80073cf1) Downloading Single App from Store on Windows Lumia Phone

Our app, that is having this issue, is built with WinJS and not Cordova.

MarkoVatEA, Oct 23, 2014
  4. LEE
    Lee Win User

Apache Cordova and WinJS

As just an average user that stuff went flying over my head. . .*Roflmao2

Thema:

Apache Cordova and WinJS

1. Apache Cordova and WinJS - Similar Threads - Apache Cordova WinJS

2. Apache Editor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Apache Editor: I am using the Apache Editor and want to print something in landscape. How do it tell it to do that?Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apache-editor/0eef8218-6782-4665-bab1-873840da66ab
  3. Apache Editor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apache Editor: I am using Apache editor and somehow it has become corrupted. Don't ask me how it has become corrupted, but it has. Does anyone know where I can download a fresh copy of Apache editor? ThanksKEN...
  4. Apache Editor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apache Editor: I am using Apache editor and somehow it has become corrupted. Don't ask me how it has become corrupted, but it has. Does anyone know where I can download a fresh copy of Apache editor? ThanksKEN...
  5. Apache Editor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apache Editor: I run Apache edit and have a problem. I want to take a screen shot of the problem but don't know how to do that. Can some please inform me how to take a screen shot? ThanksKEN...
  6. Apache Editor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apache Editor: I run Apache edit and have a problem. I want to take a screen shot of the problem but don't know how to do that. Can some please inform me how to take a screen shot? ThanksKEN...
  7. Apache Editor

8. Apache

Apache: I want to remove Apache from my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apache/1e5a4b27-7f29-4fef-8822-97303f74d436
  9. WinJS 4.0 Released

in Windows 10 News
    WinJS 4.0 Released: We received great feedback and insight from our WinJS 4.0-Preview, released earlier this year. Now, the time has finally arrived. With the imminent release of Windows 10, we are proud to announce WinJS 4.0. You can pick up the latest version here. In addition to...
  10. Apache Cordova development lands on Visual Studio Code

in Windows 10 News
    Apache Cordova development lands on Visual Studio Code: Thousands of developers already use Visual Studio’s Tools for Apache Cordova—affectionately abbreviated as “TACO”—to build mobile apps for iOS, Android and Windows using a shared JavaScript codebase. Within the IDE, TACO provides everything you need to install and configure...