Windows 10: APC PowerChute Startup Problems

Discus and support APC PowerChute Startup Problems in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This started yesterday as I was updating my wife's computer with the monthly 'Win10 update; I encountered some serious problems, but was eventually... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Not Myself, Aug 14, 2019.

1. APC PowerChute Startup Problems

This started yesterday as I was updating my wife's computer with the monthly 'Win10 update; I encountered some serious problems, but was eventually able to start the download/install process successfully.

When that finished, I found two error messages, one from the APC PowerChute software, used to manage the UPS, the other with Snagit screen capture software. After numerous uninstalls/reinstalls, reboots, etc., I have pinned it down to one option in PowerChute.

If I deselect the PowerChute option to always show the taskbar icon, upon restarting, the program says that is cannot locate mainserv.exe, a battery backup management program, and Snagit will not start (I don't remember what that error states.)

If I re-enable the taslbar icon, then PowerChute states that it cannot find apcsystray.exe, and Snagit says that it cannot start. Clicking on apcsystray.exe enables the icon, and on the Snagit desktop shortcut restarts it.

I spoke with APC; the agent basically said that he had no idea as to what is causing this, other than a suspicion that the monthly Win10 update is the culprit; I somewhat agree, as I had never seen any such PowerChute errors before the update was installed.

I have fewer than no ideas as to how to proceed; any such suggestions are solicited.

:)

Not Myself, Aug 14, 2019

2. May 2019 Update (1903) and APC PowerChute compatibility

There's an entry in Feedback Hub titled "APC PowerChute causes HTML images to fail in 1903" in which the poster says "If APC PowerChute v3.0.2 is installed
    on Windows 10 - 1903, HTML images will not be displayed after a restart. Images are not displayed in Outlook 365, in Edge, Chromium Edge, Chrome, Firefox and other applications. Removing PowerChute v3.0.2 restores the displaying of HTLM images."

Powerchute is the app that enables an APC UPS battery to communicate with Windows, and can shut down the PC if there's an extended power outage.

Both my desktop PCs have this software installed, so before I even consider updating to 1903, has anyone with Powerchute installed already updated? If so, are you experiencing any issues as described?

BarryG_961, Aug 14, 2019
  3. May 2019 Update (1903) and APC PowerChute compatibility

Thank you, Andre.

I have been checking the forums on APC's website, but there's no mention of the Windows 10 update to 1903. In March '19, a forum moderated mentioned there is an update to Powerchute in the works, but it does not appear to have been released yet.

BarryG_961, Aug 14, 2019
  4. BulldogXX Win User

APC PowerChute Startup Problems

APC Back-UPS Pro 1500 USB not recognized

Looks like you're having a problem with Powerchute. Ask APC technical support for help with their software.

BulldogXX, Aug 14, 2019
Thema:

APC PowerChute Startup Problems

1. APC PowerChute Startup Problems - Similar Threads - APC PowerChute Startup

2. APC index error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    APC index error: Hi, 2 days ago I have update my Windows, after I was told to do so. Since then, I have regularly a stop code: APC INDEX MISMATCH and the laptop restart and show again the error as blue screen and again same all the time . I have laptop dell Vostro 5568. How do I have to solve...
  3. APC index error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    APC index error: Hi, 2 days ago I have update my Windows, after I was told to do so. Since then, I have regularly a stop code: APC INDEX MISMATCH and the laptop restart and show again the error as blue screen and again same all the time . I have laptop dell Vostro 5568. How do I have to solve...
  4. APC index error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. APC INDEX MISMATCH problem

APC INDEX MISMATCH problem: Hi, This morning I have update my Windows, after I was told to do so. Since then, I have regularly a stop code: APC INDEX MISMATCH caused by win32kfull.sys. This stop code occurs when I want to print an e-mail received. How do I have to solve this problem ? Please note...
  6. APC index mismatch

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    APC index mismatch: [ATTACH] Troubleshoot steps taken: 1.Check System Fileswith System File Checker Thesfc/scannow command will scan and find Windows system files that are damaged ormisplaced and repair them. Opencmd as an Administrator: sfc/scannow Note ifthat shows...
  7. Apc Index mismatch

Apc Index mismatch: Ive been experiencing heaps of bsods most of which i have fixed, but ive done all i can to no avail when fixing this error message. Apc_index_mismatch it happens at random intervals and i have updated all drivers, downloaded windows updates and much more but this problem...
  8. May 2019 Update (1903) and APC PowerChute compatibility

May 2019 Update (1903) and APC PowerChute compatibility: There's an entry in Feedback Hub titled "APC PowerChute causes HTML images to fail in 1903" in which the poster says "If APC PowerChute v3.0.2 is installed on Windows 10 - 1903, HTML images will not be displayed after a restart. Images are not displayed in Outlook 365, in...
  9. APC index mismatch

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    APC index mismatch: i am having this issue since 1 year. whenever i play any video the audio suddenly breaks and i get a blue screen with error code as APC index mismatch. Here are the dump files links: https://drive.google.com/file/d/16f39E5t9U7hTNKzGpiMSzA_JUhKadugA/view?usp=sharing...
  10. APC index mismatch

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    APC index mismatch: Hi I was working on my computer when suddenly I got the BSOD with the stop code: apc index mismatch. After the restart, I saw this in the event viewer: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000001 (0x00007fff25900084, 0x0000000000000000,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. APC powerchute ask if I want to make changes to my computer