Windows 10: APC_INDEX_MISMATCH / KB5000802 / BSOD / Authenticated users / Administrators

Discus and support APC_INDEX_MISMATCH / KB5000802 / BSOD / Authenticated users / Administrators in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Iinstall computers via an image Win 10, 20H2. Works perfectly. One part of theautomated setup is adding Authedicated Users to the local Administrators... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BUR-Denmark, Apr 8, 2021.

1. APC_INDEX_MISMATCH / KB5000802 / BSOD / Authenticated users / Administrators

[COLOR=rgba0, 0, 0, 1]Iinstall computers via an image Win 10, 20H2. Works perfectly. One part of theautomated setup is adding Authedicated Users to the local Administrators group.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba0, 0, 0, 1]Newestmachine is HP840G8, with Intel 11th gen CPU and chipset. I get BSOD. Did someexperiments, ending up with this: [/COLOR]Clean install of Win 10 20H2wiping all partitions, installed all Microsoft updates. Added AuthenticatedUsers to Administrator Group. BSOD!

[COLOR=rgba0, 0, 0, 1]Sincethen I have Googles the error and a few other worldwide report the same erroron Intel 11th gen CPU/Chipset.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba0, 0, 0, 1]I havetried to remove KB5000802 wusa /uninstall /kb:5000802, it states that Icannot because it is a security update. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba0, 0, 0, 1]Therefore,the question is: Have Microsoft released a KBxxxxxx that fixes the problem?[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba0, 0, 0, 1] [/COLOR]

:)

BUR-Denmark, Apr 8, 2021
  2. jimbobs Win User

Administrator level User

Got the laptop. It's a Lenovo G500 so possibly has Lenovo stuff in the way? Anyway, booted it normally and it opens into a regular account without admin privileges. Rebooted it into Recovery mode (per Option 5) and get Lenovo logo and Preparing Automatic Repair message; then Select Account + "You need to sign in as an administrator to continue but there aren't any administrator accounts on this PC". There is an option "Forgot your password or don't see your account?" but selecting that brings up a screen which should list admin accounts but there aren't any. Pressing the only option on that page Restart leads eventually to a BSOD with Stop code: 0xc00002e3 (which I know is misconfigured o/s or missing or damaged system files).

Can anybody suggest next steps in resolving this?

jimbobs, Apr 8, 2021
  3. BSOD APC_INDEX_MISMATCH ntoskrnl.exe+142940

I had a BSOD. Bug Check String APC_INDEX_MISMATCH , cause by driver ntoskrnl.exe caused by address ntoskrnl.exe+142940. Adive on the fix for this. XPS 15 9950 RUNNING Windows 10 Pro.

SanilPrakashan, Apr 8, 2021
  4. APC_INDEX_MISMATCH / KB5000802 / BSOD / Authenticated users / Administrators

BSOD APC_INDEX_MISMATCH on Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Hi,

This error usually appears when a new hardware was installed on the computer. It could be a USB device that is newly connected to your PC. It's recommended to install the device's latest or updated drivers.

To update the driver manually, follow these steps:

• Right-click the Windows key and click Device Manager.
    • Locate and expand the category where the new device belong.
    • Right-click the device’s name from the list and click Update Driver Software.

If the above steps did not help, then we suggest that you follow the walk-through troubleshooting to

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

For more information regarding the error, check out
    Bug Check 0x1: APC_INDEX_MISMATCH

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Apr 8, 2021
Thema:

APC_INDEX_MISMATCH / KB5000802 / BSOD / Authenticated users / Administrators

1. APC_INDEX_MISMATCH / KB5000802 / BSOD / Authenticated users / Administrators - Similar Threads - APC_INDEX_MISMATCH KB5000802 BSOD

2. KB5000802 - BSOD - DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB5000802 - BSOD - DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: I have isolated the issue to update KB5000802. If I install this update I am unable to boot into Windows except via safe mode. If I remove the update Windows boots fine with no BSOD. BSOD error message on boot is DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Upon examining the minidump it...
  3. Windows update - KB5000802 BSOD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update - KB5000802 BSOD: Split from this thread. 09 March 2021 - Windows update - KB5000802 We've been having some crashes in relation to the latest Windows update KB5000802 which are causing users to experience BSOD Blue Screen of Death, see image below: [ATTACH] I've collected some data...
  4. Apc_index_mismatch

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Apc_index_mismatch: Hi, I get often this blue screen APC_INDEX_MISMATCH Can you help me to debug that ? I downloaded your tool Beta-Log-collector. Attached my results. Thank you very much for your help, and your time. Cheers, 131747
  5. Apc_index_mismatch

Apc_index_mismatch: My Hewlitt Packard laptop (windows 10 64 bit) gave a light blue screen when I was using it all of a sudden with the message "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info and then will restart soon (100% complete) If you'd like to...
  6. BSOD after wake, error code APC_INDEX_MISMATCH

BSOD after wake, error code APC_INDEX_MISMATCH: Hey! I'm having a hard time figuring out what is causing this BSOD. It started in Windows 8, and after reading around, and trying several things (changing parameters in the BIOS, updating drivers, etc.) I thought (well..hoped..) that upgrading to Windows 10 might solve...
  7. Webcam + VLC = APC_INDEX_MISMATCH

Webcam + VLC = APC_INDEX_MISMATCH: I have a webcam as capture device with 32 bit VLC, and every 2 weeks or so when I start the cam/VLC I get APC mismatch. The system restarts, and I try again - usually takes several attempts (ie crashes) before the cam/VLC works. Webcam is USB Logitech C270 and VLC is latest...
  8. Apc_index_mismatch [bsod]

Apc_index_mismatch [bsod]: Hello Yesterday after coming back to my laptop after about 5 hours I brought it out of standby and whilst doing some work it blue screened with the error APC_INDEX_MISMATCH. I think I was trying to enter the character 1/2 with an ALT code. The error happened 3 times. I ran...
  9. BSOD [APC_INDEX_MISMATCH] after some changes on the pc

BSOD [APC_INDEX_MISMATCH] after some changes on the pc: Hi, the last week I'm been suffering freezes and reboots. I never had a BSOD dump until today. I have recently changed from a HDD to a SSD, I have applied a theme on my Windows 10, and I have updated to Fall Creators update. I cloned the HDD block by block to the new SSD,...
  10. BSOD Kernel_Security_Check_failure APC_index_Mismatch

BSOD Kernel_Security_Check_failure APC_index_Mismatch: I am continuously getting these errors after formats, resets, and everything i can think of. I've been told the hardware checks out and it must be a software issue, any help on the issue would be greatly appreciated. 36401