Windows 10: APC_INDEX_MISMATCH

Discus and support APC_INDEX_MISMATCH in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, Both of my computers now shut down with the code APC_INDEX_MISMATCH when I try to print anything. ??? Is there a resolve? Thanks,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ELIZD, Mar 16, 2021.

1. ELIZD Win User

APC_INDEX_MISMATCH

Hi,

Both of my computers now shut down with the code APC_INDEX_MISMATCH when I try to print anything. ??? Is there a resolve?

Thanks,

:)

ELIZD, Mar 16, 2021

2. Stop code APC_INDEX_MISMATCH

Hi,

The error you've encounter usually appears when a new hardware was installed on the computer. It could be a USB device that is newly installed. It's recommended that you install and update the device's drivers.

For you to update the driver manually, follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the Windows key.
    • Click Device Manager.
    • Locate and expand the category where the new device belong.
    • Right-click the device’s name from the list and click Update Driver Software.

If the above steps did not resolve the issue, we suggest that you follow the instructions given to troubleshoot blue screen errors found in this
    article.

For more information regarding the error, refer to this article:
    Bug Check 0x1: APC_INDEX_MISMATCH

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Reymichael Ros, Mar 16, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Blue screen error: APC_INDEX_MISMATCH when trying to install Audio driver

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you get a Blue Screen error with “APC_INDEX_MISMATCH” when trying to install Audio drivers. I’ll certainly help you with this.

However, please let us know:

• Are you aware of any changes made to the computer recently?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.
    • What is the make and model of the computer?

An incompatible system driver causes the Blue screen error APC_INDEX_MISMATCH. For more information see

I would suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article

Troubleshoot blue screen errors
    and check if that helps.

However, I would also suggest you to share the dump files so that we can analyze them and get to the root cause of the issue. To share the files Navigate to
    C:\Windows\Minidump, upload the files to OneDrive and share the OneDrive link.

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 16, 2021
  4. APC_INDEX_MISMATCH

BSOD APC_INDEX_MISMATCH on Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Hi,

This error usually appears when a new hardware was installed on the computer. It could be a USB device that is newly connected to your PC. It's recommended to install the device's latest or updated drivers.

To update the driver manually, follow these steps:

• Right-click the Windows key and click Device Manager.
    • Locate and expand the category where the new device belong.
    • Right-click the device’s name from the list and click Update Driver Software.

If the above steps did not help, then we suggest that you follow the walk-through troubleshooting to

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

For more information regarding the error, check out

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Mar 16, 2021
Thema:

APC_INDEX_MISMATCH

1. APC_INDEX_MISMATCH - Similar Threads - APC_INDEX_MISMATCH

2. When completely idle BSOD - APC_INDEX_MISMATCH, PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When completely idle BSOD - APC_INDEX_MISMATCH, PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA: The problemAs title mentions, I'm getting APC_INDEX_MISMATCH, PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL bsods most of the time while being completely idle meaning I'm not even watching a youtube, twitch video since this never ever happens while being at least a...
  3. When completely idle BSOD - APC_INDEX_MISMATCH, PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When completely idle BSOD - APC_INDEX_MISMATCH, PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA: The problemAs title mentions, I'm getting APC_INDEX_MISMATCH, PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL bsods most of the time while being completely idle meaning I'm not even watching a youtube, twitch video since this never ever happens while being at least a...
  4. When completely idle BSOD - APC_INDEX_MISMATCH, PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Apc_index_mismatch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apc_index_mismatch: i got an Apc_index_mismatch bluescreen error when i was watching a show on chrome and that's all that was running.my crash report viewer thing says that this module is the problem ntoskrnl.exe nt+0x41AC40there other crashes that say that same module is the problem like...
  6. Apc_index_mismatch

Apc_index_mismatch: i got an Apc_index_mismatch bluescreen error when i was watching a show on chrome and that's all that was running.my crash report viewer thing says that this module is the problem ntoskrnl.exe nt+0x41AC40there other crashes that say that same module is the problem like...
  7. High Definition Audio Device Driver / APC_INDEX_MISMATCH

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High Definition Audio Device Driver / APC_INDEX_MISMATCH: Hi, I recently purchased a new laptop, and I am very unhappy with the stock sound driver it comes with. There is absolutely no bass at all. Upon doing some research online I don't know much about computers, I discovered I could update the stock driver Realtek High Definition...
  8. High Definition Audio Device Driver / APC_INDEX_MISMATCH

High Definition Audio Device Driver / APC_INDEX_MISMATCH: Hi, I recently purchased a new laptop, and I am very unhappy with the stock sound driver it comes with. There is absolutely no bass at all. Upon doing some research online I don't know much about computers, I discovered I could update the stock driver Realtek High Definition...
  9. Constant Blue Screens with APC_INDEX_MISMATCH code

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant Blue Screens with APC_INDEX_MISMATCH code: I've been randomly getting these errors with no logical cause. They happen at random times and don't occur when i do a specific action. I had 2 today back to back and one yesterday but before that it was like 2 weeks.I've used Driver Verifier and got no bluescreen when i left...
  10. Constant Blue Screens with APC_INDEX_MISMATCH code

Constant Blue Screens with APC_INDEX_MISMATCH code: I've been randomly getting these errors with no logical cause. They happen at random times and don't occur when i do a specific action. I had 2 today back to back and one yesterday but before that it was like 2 weeks.I've used Driver Verifier and got no bluescreen when i left...