Windows 10: Apostrophe has shifted down

Discus and support Apostrophe has shifted down in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I used to be able to write e.g. "six" and now for some reason it appears as „six“. How do I change that? I have tried all sorts of language settings,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by HarmenRijks, May 29, 2020.

1. Apostrophe has shifted down

I used to be able to write e.g. "six" and now for some reason it appears as „six“.

How do I change that? I have tried all sorts of language settings, ctrl button, windows button, etc. but it won't budge.

Utterly frustrating as I translate documents for a living and now I constantly insert an "error".

:)

HarmenRijks, May 29, 2020
  2. P4-630 Win User

Intel Speed Shift Technology Skylake

You just need a Skylake CPU and ThrottleStop, once turned on speed shift you can exit the software as unclewebb said above.

P4-630, May 29, 2020
  3. I want to type the @ key above the apostrophe on keyboard, but can only get it if i use shift and no. 2 key

Can anyone advise as to how I get the @ key to type when I press the shift and apostrophe key?

lindatrowbridge, May 29, 2020
  4. Apostrophe has shifted down

Computer Keeps Typing Apostrophe's

My laptop keyboard is completely non-functional. It completely unresponsive since that family memeber cleaned it with wrong spray, and it wasn't typing apostrophe's from the start. It was only a month after we replaced the keyboard that the apostrophe thing happened. I don't know if it can be fixed, And I don't think it's even the problem, but what kind of shop do you want me to go to to get it replaced, if that's what I need to do?

Masterofcards, May 29, 2020
Thema:

Apostrophe has shifted down

1. Apostrophe has shifted down - Similar Threads - Apostrophe has shifted

2. cant type apostrophe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant type apostrophe: Hello I have a problem that I can't use the ' button on my keyboard, but I can use *. If I plug my keyboard into other PCs the button works. If I use the on-screen keyboard, it doesn't work either. I have it set to Danish, and a Danish keyboard, like the other computers. What...
  3. cant type apostrophe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cant type apostrophe: Hello I have a problem that I can't use the ' button on my keyboard, but I can use *. If I plug my keyboard into other PCs the button works. If I use the on-screen keyboard, it doesn't work either. I have it set to Danish, and a Danish keyboard, like the other computers. What...
  4. my apostrophe key is giving me è instead of an apostrophe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my apostrophe key is giving me è instead of an apostrophe: I am getting è instead of an apostrophe. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-apostrophe-key-is-giving-me-%C3%A8-instead-of/c6211cb8-ce7c-4d44-8cef-2cde0d5ee6b7
  5. my apostrophe key is giving me è instead of an apostrophe

my apostrophe key is giving me è instead of an apostrophe: I am getting è instead of an apostrophe. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-apostrophe-key-is-giving-me-%C3%A8-instead-of/c6211cb8-ce7c-4d44-8cef-2cde0d5ee6b7
  6. Ctrl + Shift + Down not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ctrl + Shift + Down not working: Well, technically everything the same as in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/ctrl-shift-down-not-working/c639e462-e2d2-4b71-95a1-e8fe16e04fc6 except i found this issue in pycharm instead of excelthis key combination doesnt work in any app, also i didnt...
  7. Ctrl + Shift + Down not working

Ctrl + Shift + Down not working: Well, technically everything the same as in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/ctrl-shift-down-not-working/c639e462-e2d2-4b71-95a1-e8fe16e04fc6 except i found this issue in pycharm instead of excelthis key combination doesnt work in any app, also i didnt...
  8. Apostrophe will not work, even after pressing control and shift

in Windows 10 Customization
    Apostrophe will not work, even after pressing control and shift: Why can I not get my apostrophe to work and instead get è. Usually I can press Control and Shift and fix this. I saw somewhere to run the following: Press the Windows key + R, then type osk.exe and press Enter. The keyboard I see on the screen is what is getting typed, not...
  9. keyboard issue with apostrophe

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    keyboard issue with apostrophe: hi most keys on my keyboard work just fine, however, the only one that doesnt work is the apostrophe key. i have spent a lot of time trying to get it to work but nothing comes out when i press it, no matter how many times i press it. The thing is, this is not a keyboard...
  10. Shift key doesn`t change apostrophe to double quotation marks

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shift key doesn`t change apostrophe to double quotation marks: I cannot find a way to have double quotation marks appear in MS word. I am running Windows 10 and have tried changing the language, gone into the settings under auto-correct options and I still can't figure it out. Could someone please help....