Windows 10: Apostrophe key changes keyboard layout.

Discus and support Apostrophe key changes keyboard layout. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I live in Germany, and have been using a German hardware keyboard while typing due to a lack of ither options. However I generally use the UK layout... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SamuelStork, Jul 28, 2019.

1. Apostrophe key changes keyboard layout.

I live in Germany, and have been using a German hardware keyboard while typing due to a lack of ither options. However I generally use the UK layout due to familiarity. Recently however, I have noticed that whenever i press the ' key, which is depicted as the ä key on my keyboard, the language input is changed to German. You can likely understand why this is so frustrating.

I have atempted to delete every mention of the German language input but it nonetheless always returns. I even changed my region to UK, messed around with the keyboard changing options but quite simply nothing helped.

At this point I am desperate.

Kind regards,

Sam.

:)

SamuelStork, Jul 28, 2019
  2. Swapna S Win User

IME with various keyboard layouts

Hi Sean,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing in changing the
    keyboard layout. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur, if you have selected any default language for keyboard layout.

Follow below mentioned step to change the keyboard layout Language.

• Press and Hold Windows key + space bar key from your keyboard.

• On right corner of your desktop, you will see a small pop windows that shows keyboard layout Language.

• Using down and up arrow keys, you can change the keyboard layout Language.
    Please get back us, if you are still facing issue
    in changing the keyboard layout language.

Thank you.

Swapna S, Jul 28, 2019
  3. Apostrophe key not working ***read description***

And when I look at my OSK the apostrophe and quote are flipped, on my keyboard the quote is on the bottom of the key and the apostrophe is on top of the key. Dont know if that matters. But other than that yes, its the same.

RickBabcock1, Jul 28, 2019
  4. Apostrophe key changes keyboard layout.

Keyboard always changes the layout

Hi Michael,

I suggest you to follow the steps from this article and check:

Change the default keyboard layout or input method

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17424/windows-change-keyboard-layout

Note: Applies to windows 10 as well.

Please get back to us with the results of the issue in regards with
    keyboard layout and any other questions you might have regarding Windows operating systems. We are happy to assist.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Jul 28, 2019
Thema:

Apostrophe key changes keyboard layout.

1. Apostrophe key changes keyboard layout. - Similar Threads - Apostrophe key changes

2. Strange behaviour with apostrophe/quotation mark key on English US layout keyboard for...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange behaviour with apostrophe/quotation mark key on English US layout keyboard for...: Whenever I type either an apostrophe or quotation mark on this keyboard it's the same key I'm getting a strange result. Unlike with other keys, the mark doesn't appear until after I type the next character. I've looked in the Time & Language > Typing settings and turned off...
  3. Strange behaviour with apostrophe/quotation mark key on English US layout keyboard for...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange behaviour with apostrophe/quotation mark key on English US layout keyboard for...: Whenever I type either an apostrophe or quotation mark on this keyboard it's the same key I'm getting a strange result. Unlike with other keys, the mark doesn't appear until after I type the next character. I've looked in the Time & Language > Typing settings and turned off...
  4. Apostrophe key is slow on UK Layout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apostrophe key is slow on UK Layout: Very simple issue, on UK layout the apostrophe key is very slow and needs to be held down for about a second before it starts putting out apostrophes. I know it isn't a hardware issue as on the US Layout, it doesn't take any time at all. How can I fix this?...
  5. Apostrophe key is slow on UK Layout

Apostrophe key is slow on UK Layout: Very simple issue, on UK layout the apostrophe key is very slow and needs to be held down for about a second before it starts putting out apostrophes. I know it isn't a hardware issue as on the US Layout, it doesn't take any time at all. How can I fix this?...
  6. Apostrophe key doesnt work on UK layout but does on US?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apostrophe key doesnt work on UK layout but does on US?: I recently got a new keyboard. Im in the UK and its a US layout keyboard so I tried experimenting with the US layout to see how comfortable it was but I didnt like it so I uninstalled the US layout pack but now, for whatever reason, the apostrophe key doesnt work. When I...
  7. Apostrophe key doesnt work on UK layout but does on US?

Apostrophe key doesnt work on UK layout but does on US?: I recently got a new keyboard. Im in the UK and its a US layout keyboard so I tried experimenting with the US layout to see how comfortable it was but I didnt like it so I uninstalled the US layout pack but now, for whatever reason, the apostrophe key doesnt work. When I...
  8. Changing keyboard layout.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing keyboard layout.: I want to change my keyboard to the Dvorak and/or Workman layout, but every tutorial I've seen leads me somewhere that I can't find in my computer settings. I can't find anywhere to access my keyboard layouts to change it....
  9. Keyboard Layout changes.

in Windows 10 Support
    Keyboard Layout changes.: Hi. I think I must be catching a specific key combination as frequently my " and @ keys change place. The only way I can get it back is to go to settings / advanced keyboard settings and language bar settings / Advanced Key Settings. Then set a key combination to go back to...
  10. keyboard layout change

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    keyboard layout change: My keyboard has again defaulted to a layout which doesn't match the keys - probably after a windows 10 update - how to correct? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/keyboard-layout-change/ba24ec7b-e85c-41ac-9179-366f2542e38c

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to change apostrophe in windows keyboard

2. how to change the keyboard to an apostrophe