Windows 10: Apostrophes and double quotes don't show up until I type the next letter

Discus and support Apostrophes and double quotes don't show up until I type the next letter in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Solution: For Windows 10, the fix from control panel did not work. I have to use "Settings" -> "Region & Language". Then, selecting on the language --... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Shakthivel R, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Apostrophes and double quotes don't show up until I type the next letter

Solution:

For Windows 10, the fix from control panel did not work. I have to use "Settings" -> "Region & Language". Then, selecting on the language -- in my case, EN(UK) -- gave me the options button to go to "Language Options" where Keyboards can be changed; in my case, add "US-Qwerty" and remove "US-Intl"

:)

Shakthivel R, Feb 5, 2019

2. Keyboard stopped typing letters

Hi,

Tap each Ctrl, Alt and Shift key briskly a few times. If that doesn't resolve the issue, restart the computer.

Don

Don Varnau, Feb 5, 2019
  3. typing double apostrophe when apostrophe button is pressed

Can someone help me out which settings to alter?

You have an International keyboard layout set for your keyboard:

• With this keyboard layout the ' keystroke becomes a modifier to enable entering of special characters.
    • To get a single ' character you need to type '+Space.
    • To get a character like é you need to press Alt Gr+e.

If you want ' to have the normal behavior change the keyboard layout to the appropriate non-international version.

• You will then have to use an alternate method to input é

See How to Change Your Keyboard Layout in Windows 8 or 10 for more information.

Source Microsoft Keyboards - English (US-International)
    Typing Diacritics And Special Characters

DavidPostill, Feb 5, 2019
  4. Apostrophes and double quotes don't show up until I type the next letter

Computer Keeps Typing Apostrophe's

Hi, it types apostrophe's as soon as I turn on the computer. I can type another key, or press backspace to stop the Horde of apostrophe's, but when I let go, it starts again. My keyboard is a Logitech K60 with a Logitech M215 mouse. I couldn't find a model number sticker for this computer, but I know it's an HP laptop. T keyboard was working fine for a month, then this started happening. I cannot access my computer, because I need to log in with my Microsoft account to do that, which I can't because of this problem.

Masterofcards, Feb 5, 2019
Thema:

Apostrophes and double quotes don't show up until I type the next letter

1. Apostrophes and double quotes don't show up until I type the next letter - Similar Threads - Apostrophes double quotes

2. Can't type the letter 'i' without it double backspacing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't type the letter 'i' without it double backspacing: Happened this morning without any changes to my device, suddenly cant type the letter 'i' without losing what I was typing. Happens regardless of the app I'm using....
  3. Can't type the letter 'i' without it double backspacing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't type the letter 'i' without it double backspacing: Happened this morning without any changes to my device, suddenly cant type the letter 'i' without losing what I was typing. Happens regardless of the app I'm using....
  4. Can't type the letter 'i' without it double backspacing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Win11 WiFi password apostrophe / double-quote issues?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 WiFi password apostrophe / double-quote issues?: I recently tried connecting my Win11 laptop to a WiFi network, but was having issues. I kept getting a "Cannot connect to this network" error, despite knowing the WiFi password. I had no problems connecting the same laptop when it was running Win10 e.g. same drivers &...
  6. Win11 WiFi password apostrophe / double-quote issues?

Win11 WiFi password apostrophe / double-quote issues?: I recently tried connecting my Win11 laptop to a WiFi network, but was having issues. I kept getting a "Cannot connect to this network" error, despite knowing the WiFi password. I had no problems connecting the same laptop when it was running Win10 e.g. same drivers &...
  7. Apostrophes and double quotes don't show up until I type the next letter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apostrophes and double quotes don't show up until I type the next letter: I am using Windows 10 version 21H2 Build 19044.1645, I am living in Australia and my computer has a US keyboard.I had this problem in the past and fixed it but the problem has returned. Previously in Settings > Language, I clicked on "English Australia" selected "Options",...
  8. Apostrophes and double quotes don't show up until I type the next letter

Apostrophes and double quotes don't show up until I type the next letter: I am using Windows 10 version 21H2 Build 19044.1645, I am living in Australia and my computer has a US keyboard.I had this problem in the past and fixed it but the problem has returned. Previously in Settings > Language, I clicked on "English Australia" selected "Options",...
  9. Apostrophes and double quotes don't show up until I type the next letter

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. typing extra letters and numbers show up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    typing extra letters and numbers show up: When I type letters keep popping up like when I hit the space bar a j pops up. Very frustrating . Need help can not figure this out.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/typing-extra-letters-and-numbers-show-up/ffae4498-eb3e-4ca3-88c8-024adf74801a

Users found this page by searching for:

1. couldnt find coutation mark on my hp keyboard

2. windows 10 apostrophe not showing