Windows 10: App always tries to make itself full screen in Windows 11

Discus and support App always tries to make itself full screen in Windows 11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,I used an app in Windows 10 without issue. Now in windows 11, every time I try to use this specific app, it tries to make itself full screen. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Casec, Aug 16, 2022.

1. Casec Win User

App always tries to make itself full screen in Windows 11

Hello,I used an app in Windows 10 without issue. Now in windows 11, every time I try to use this specific app, it tries to make itself full screen. It covers the task bar without permission or prompt. The problem is, it is not actually in full screen. As in, if I try to click on a part of the app at the bottom of the screen, I select the unseen taskbar. And if I click and drag the top of the app as though it were properly in a window, it will move the window as you would expect, and then go back to appearing to be in full screen. Here is where it gets super weird. I have moved the window an

:)

Casec, Aug 16, 2022
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. App always tries to make itself full screen in Windows 11 :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Aug 16, 2022
  3. Tri solitaire

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply.

I suggest you to run the app troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on ‘View All’ on the top left pane.
    • Click on “Windows Store Apps” from the list and follow the on-screen prompts for troubleshooting.
    Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 16, 2022
  4. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Aug 16, 2022
Thema:

1. App always tries to make itself full screen in Windows 11 - Similar Threads - App always tries

2. Hi, why the app is still crashing when it’s making to the full screen mode on windows 11....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi, why the app is still crashing when it’s making to the full screen mode on windows 11....: why the app is still crashing when it’s making to the full screen mode on windows 11. Using surface book 2 laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-why-the-app-is-still-crashing-when-its-making/83ac5d81-a33a-4534-8125-030cb83a3086
  3. Hi, why the app is still crashing when it’s making to the full screen mode on windows 11....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hi, why the app is still crashing when it’s making to the full screen mode on windows 11....: why the app is still crashing when it’s making to the full screen mode on windows 11. Using surface book 2 laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-why-the-app-is-still-crashing-when-its-making/83ac5d81-a33a-4534-8125-030cb83a3086
  4. App always tries to make itself full screen in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App always tries to make itself full screen in Windows 11: Hello,I used an app in Windows 10 without issue. Now in windows 11, every time I try to use this specific app, it tries to make itself full screen. It covers the task bar without permission or prompt. The problem is, it is not actually in full screen. As in, if I try to click...
  5. Focus Assist turns itself on on startup and on full screen apps don't turn itself on, and...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Focus Assist turns itself on on startup and on full screen apps don't turn itself on, and...: My focus assist are not behaving as it should be, When i boot the computer it turn itself on "Alarms only" Even if i turn itself off, and loggout, when i log in back it turns itself on again, When i open firefox in fullscreen on a video it does not turn itself on, i can see...
  6. Focus Assist turns itself on on startup and on full screen apps don't turn itself on, and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Focus Assist turns itself on on startup and on full screen apps don't turn itself on, and...: My focus assist are not behaving as it should be, When i boot the computer it turn itself on "Alarms only" Even if i turn itself off, and loggout, when i log in back it turns itself on again, When i open firefox in fullscreen on a video it does not turn itself on, i can see...
  7. Focus Assist turns itself on on startup and on full screen apps don't turn itself on, and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. How to make all windows open maximized or full-screen always in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to make all windows open maximized or full-screen always in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Most of the time, when a user launches an application, they make it full screen. When in full screen, users get the maximum benefit and work area when required. Instead of doing it manually every time, you can choose to launch some of them as full-screen applications....
  9. Windows search always opens full screen

Windows search always opens full screen: Hi, I'm having problems with the windows+s search function. Whenever I use it to search, it opens up like this. I disabled full screen for the start menu and updated windows in hope that it would fix the issue. However, it still persists. On other windows 10 devices, it...
  10. Make any window full screen

Make any window full screen: Hi, Is there a way to make any window full screen without using the tablet mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/make-any-window-full-screen/5532a2b7-ad8b-448f-a5c1-8343dd241d40