Windows 10: APP AND BROWSER CONTROL is confusing me

Discus and support APP AND BROWSER CONTROL is confusing me in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; In "Windows Defender", under "Windows Security" quietly sleeps a heading labelled "Aps and Browser Control". The message there reads, "Check Aps And... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by LindaMacD47, May 31, 2019.

1. APP AND BROWSER CONTROL is confusing me

In "Windows Defender", under "Windows Security" quietly sleeps a heading labelled "Aps and Browser Control". The message there reads, "Check Aps And Browser Control are off. Your computer could be vulnerable." So, I changed it from "OFF" to 'WARN". Is this correct?

:)

LindaMacD47, May 31, 2019

2. Edge browser doesn't fully load !

We suggest you to reset your browser settings by following the steps:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Select Internet Options.
    • Select Advanced.
    • Select Reset.
    • Then reboot Windows.
    For additional resolution, you may
    run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Michael Gall, May 31, 2019
  3. defualt browser

Hi Llyan,

If you're having issues with setting a default browser, it can be due to some changes in the configuration settings. To assist you with your concern, we recommend that you set your preferred browser as the default by following the steps listed below:

• Type Settings in the Search bar and press
      Enter
    • Choose System then click on Default apps.
    • Scroll down, and click Set defaults by app option.
    • Click on your preferred browser, then click Choose defaults for this program.
    • Click Select all, then Save.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, May 31, 2019
  4. NOPD Win User

APP AND BROWSER CONTROL is confusing me

Programs Missing From Control Panel List

I was able to get rid of XNVIEW by downloading it and using it's own uninstaller.
    Have tried method suggested by Pyramid 10 with photoscape without success.
    Can't figure out how to do what is asked.

Your next suggestion?

Thema:

APP AND BROWSER CONTROL is confusing me

1. APP AND BROWSER CONTROL is confusing me - Similar Threads - APP BROWSER CONTROL

2. Windows Defender Settings App And Browser Control Wont Change to warn

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Settings App And Browser Control Wont Change to warn: Hello, I am trying to have more control over my system and trying to switch the windows smart screen settings to warn instead of block, however whenever I do this, and exit out, when i go back to check the settings have taken affect they revert back to their original block...
  3. My Data Controlled by Me ???

My Data Controlled by Me ???: Why do you people do this ? My data is obviously not controlled by me because YOU stopped me from being able to control my data . To add this lie you are leaving people with the impression that you do not collect data but in truth you do ( just not for advertising...
  4. Browser controls unstable

in Browsers and Email
    Browser controls unstable: (Moved from the thread 'Minimizing the browser window') A few days ago my wife drew my attention to her Win 8.1 IE browser where the Minimize, Maximize and Close icons had suddenly disappeared from the top of the browser. I checked the problem on my Win 10 Edge browser and...
  5. Windows Image Acquistion Has Me Confused...

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Image Acquistion Has Me Confused...: I've searched MS and here for information on WIA, and I (think or not) I understand what it's purpose is, but I'm perplexed as to what it is doing all the time. Task Manager shows it constantly using the C drive even when the system is idle. It's not consuming large amounts...
  6. App & Browser Control Settings

App & Browser Control Settings: When you select Block in these settings are you blocking that setting from working or turning it on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/app-browser-control-settings/8ffb12e9-ce36-4eb0-a209-ac22eb4bcf1b
  7. This setting is managed by your administrator problem for app & browser control

This setting is managed by your administrator problem for app & browser control: In app & browser control were occour red words on " this setting is managed by your administrator". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/this-setting-is-managed-by-your-administrator/d078b8b9-6567-4365-9610-4d445c909ef8
  8. Give me control of updates!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Give me control of updates!!: This morning (24th Aug) I set the latest updates, which downloaded without me asking and showed my system right down, to install on the 30th Aug. I put my laptop to sleep and go back to it an hours later. It says "installing updates" that I didn't ask it to download in the...
  9. "View in Browser" takes me to MS Word, NOT a browser

in Browsers and Email
    "View in Browser" takes me to MS Word, NOT a browser: A message from an internet vendor is displaying a message in MS Office Outlook without images. When I click on "view in browser" this instantly opens up MS Word, not a browser, and the document displays with the same (image) omissions. Why and how can I (or they) fix this?...
  10. Default Apps will not allow me to select Opera Browser.

in Browsers and Email
    Default Apps will not allow me to select Opera Browser.: Hi, Yesterday I downloaded the new Opera 36 Browser. I like the look of it and would like to trial it for a while. However when I attempted to set it as default in Settings/Default Apps it will not accept the Opera Icon. I visited select defaults for Apps and ticked access...