Windows 10: app and browser control suddenly turn off windows defender by default is this something to...

Discus and support app and browser control suddenly turn off windows defender by default is this something to... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; so back on tues i updated from 1909 to 2004 everything was good my windows defender had no issue just a few mins ago i see yellow triangle saying... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JasonSummey, Jun 18, 2020.

1. app and browser control suddenly turn off windows defender by default is this something to...

so back on tues i updated from 1909 to 2004 everything was good my windows defender had no issue

just a few mins ago i see yellow triangle saying action needed i thought it was for me to do a scan but it told me that the app and browser control off and needs to be turn on

so i just to want to know do i need to turn this on i don't recall seeing this turn off 1909 and not sure why it turn off

:)

JasonSummey, Jun 18, 2020
  2. 010906050 Win User

How can I turn on App & browser control in Windows Defender

Hi

I whould like to (if possible) get some help.

Because, me windows defender looks like is working just fine… but when i go to section of (Control of apps and Browsers) the program does not allow me to change nothing (it say: i need the adeministrator allow to turn it on)

i have tryed to turn it on … but nothing seems to allow me to get (Change) this (ademin… ????)

I ´m the ademenistrator of this PC… but not on this Windows Defender section…

so this part of The Windows Defender id OFF work.

**Title modified from: Howcan i turn on my: on Windows defender /Control of apps and Browsers**

010906050, Jun 18, 2020
  3. John Sarc Win User
    Windows Defender Blocking Installations of Downloaded Apps

Hi Craig,

There's a possibility that the SmartScreen option is on that's why you're unable to install downloaded apps. Let's try to turn it off and see if it helps. See the steps below:

• Open Windows Defender Security Center from your Start menu, desktop, or taskbar.
    • Click on the App and browser control button on the left side of the window.
    • Click on Off in the Check apps and files section.

Let us know if the suggestion helps you out.

John Sarc, Jun 18, 2020
  4. app and browser control suddenly turn off windows defender by default is this something to...

Windows Defender Blocking Installations of Downloaded Apps

Pictures

edouardlesly1, Jun 18, 2020
Thema:

app and browser control suddenly turn off windows defender by default is this something to...

1. app and browser control suddenly turn off windows defender by default is this something to... - Similar Threads - app browser control

2. Windows defender is missing apps and browser control

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender is missing apps and browser control: Hi, I recently reset my PC and I have noticed that apps and browser control is missing from Windows Defender. I tried to select it in Privacy and Security in settings but when I do it doesn't load.I also noticed when I uninstalled my third part antivirus software the virus...
  3. Windows defender is missing apps and browser control

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows defender is missing apps and browser control: Hi, I recently reset my PC and I have noticed that apps and browser control is missing from Windows Defender. I tried to select it in Privacy and Security in settings but when I do it doesn't load.I also noticed when I uninstalled my third part antivirus software the virus...
  4. Why does Windows security app and browser control keep turning off?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why does Windows security app and browser control keep turning off?: In recent weeks it seems that many times when my Windows 10 comes out of sleep the Windows security app and browser control is turned off. The other four Windows security features are not turned off. Seeing the yellow warning on the security icon in my system tray, I turn it...
  5. Why does Windows security app and browser control keep turning off?

Why does Windows security app and browser control keep turning off?: In recent weeks it seems that many times when my Windows 10 comes out of sleep the Windows security app and browser control is turned off. The other four Windows security features are not turned off. Seeing the yellow warning on the security icon in my system tray, I turn it...
  6. APP & Browser control turned OFF.

APP & Browser control turned OFF.: Downloaded 3 MSFT /Flash Player updates Tue & Wed. 7/7&8/2020. The latest download was for Windows 10, Version 2004. Today checking security I had an alert that my APP & Browser Control was OFF. Never had this before. Followed the steps to turn it back on but had no luck. I...
  7. Browser and App Control Being Turned Off

Browser and App Control Being Turned Off: After the latest Creators Update May 2020, my computers running Windows 10 have been starting up with a yellow exclamation mark on the 'Windows Security' icon. When I click on it, it opens the Windows Security main screen showing 'Browser and App Control' as turned off. I...
  8. Windows Defender suddenly turned off?

Windows Defender suddenly turned off?: A few minutes ago Windows 10 notified me that Windows Defender has been turned off. I quickly turned it on again and did a quick scan, which found no problems. What could've caused this? A trial version of MalwareBytes has been also running for a week or so, but it didn't...
  9. How can I turn on App & browser control in Windows Defender

How can I turn on App & browser control in Windows Defender: Hi I whould like to (if possible) get some help. Because, me windows defender looks like is working just fine… but when i go to section of (Control of apps and Browsers) the program does not allow me to change nothing (it say: i need the adeministrator allow to turn it on)...
  10. Howcan i turn on my: on Windows defender /Control of apps and Browsers

Howcan i turn on my: on Windows defender /Control of apps and Browsers: Hi I whould like to (if possible) get some help. Because, me windows defender looks like is working just fine… but when i go to section of (Control of apps and Browsers) the program does not allow me to change nothing (it say: i need the adeministrator allow to turn it on)...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com

2. app & browser control windows 10 turned off