Windows 10: App and browser setting restriction

Discus and support App and browser setting restriction in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Please help me to get rid of this.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Chrisnaprem, Oct 5, 2018.

1. App and browser setting restriction

Please help me to get rid of this.

:)

Chrisnaprem, Oct 5, 2018

2. Unable to set default browser

• Does this issue happens while you try to set other browser as default too or is it specific to specific browser?

Any browser.

Already did the steps you suggested. It's some kind of bug where it's impossible to set a default browser at all.

I heard elsewhere from one other user
    that it seems to be a problem with upgrading to 10 on the SP3. Sounds very specifc.

guustavooo, Oct 5, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Setting Chrome as my default browser - Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I would suggest you to try these steps to see if it resolves the issue.

• Go to Start > Settings > System.
    • Choose Default apps, then scroll down to
      Web browser.
    • Tap or click the browser that’s currently listed as your default, then choose Chrome from the list of apps

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Oct 5, 2018
  4. App and browser setting restriction

defualt browser

Hi Llyan,

If you're having issues with setting a default browser, it can be due to some changes in the configuration settings. To assist you with your concern, we recommend that you set your preferred browser as the default by following the steps listed below:

• Type Settings in the Search bar and press
      Enter
    • Choose System then click on Default apps.
    • Scroll down, and click Set defaults by app option.
    • Click on your preferred browser, then click Choose defaults for this program.
    • Click Select all, then Save.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Oct 5, 2018
Thema:

App and browser setting restriction

1. App and browser setting restriction - Similar Threads - App browser setting

2. Is there any way to restrict browser access but allow only 1 app to access that restricted...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any way to restrict browser access but allow only 1 app to access that restricted...: Is there any way to restrict browser access but allow only 1 app to access that restricted application. Asking for Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-any-way-to-restrict-browser-access-but/bfd40041-5f6f-43c0-87c5-ee325eb4397d
  3. Is there any way to restrict browser access but allow only 1 app to access that restricted...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there any way to restrict browser access but allow only 1 app to access that restricted...: Is there any way to restrict browser access but allow only 1 app to access that restricted application. Asking for Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-any-way-to-restrict-browser-access-but/bfd40041-5f6f-43c0-87c5-ee325eb4397d
  4. Is there any way to restrict browser access but allow only 1 app to access that restricted...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. setting restrictions for kids

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    setting restrictions for kids: When I set time limits for my kids it will shut down their use after the set time. There is then a button where they can send an email to me to request more time or they can hit my parent is right here and I can enter my password to grant them more time. However, there is...
  6. Settings restricted by IT and should not be?

Settings restricted by IT and should not be?: This is my home PC and nothing more Windows 10 Pro 10.0.19042. Ver 20H2 O/S Build 19042.746 This was a Clean install on 05/2020 and should have no restrictions on it and yet I have come across several instances that settings are restricted by IT Ransomware protection...
  7. Photo App - Restrict "Set As"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Photo App - Restrict "Set As": Hi, we lock down the ability for users to set their own lock screen/background images. But, this can be bypassed by opening an image in the Photos app, right click > Set as lock screen. How do we restrict that ability? submitted by /u/shamalam91 [link] [comments]...
  8. Setting parental restrictions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Setting parental restrictions: My son has set himself as an administrator on his new Lenovo laptop. I want to set internet restrictions for him but unable because he is an administrator. Please help me to set parental restrictions. Thank you much Steven...
  9. App & Browser Control Settings

App & Browser Control Settings: When you select Block in these settings are you blocking that setting from working or turning it on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/app-browser-control-settings/8ffb12e9-ce36-4eb0-a209-ac22eb4bcf1b
  10. App and browser setting restriction

in Windows 10 Customization
    App and browser setting restriction: Please help me to get rid of this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/app-and-browser-setting-restriction/0317b4c9-7421-4bd8-bfba-e847400e0cf0